Sign in to follow this  
Str][ker

Mrmudd's Eagle Soup Video

Hey MrMudd,

Your Eagle video in the thunderstorm was outstanding (as usual). It really made me appreciate just how difficult it can be to fly/land in bad weather in LOMAC. I am certainly looking forward to seeing your other videos!

I have part 1 and 5 of the A-10 series and look forward to seeing what happens after takeoff and before landing :)

Keep them comming!!!!

Guest MrMudd
I really want to believe these "videos" by Mr. Mudd exist!! :blink:

Oh ye man of little faith :lol:

I have some awesome stuff made allready, but i cant post them until..u guessed it, i have broke enough loafs of bread to feed the masses...hehehe

Well I finally got two of your vids!

The first of the A-10 series and the Eagle Soup one.

I am now a convert! ;)

Good job. Looks incredibly fun.

Guest MrMudd
What is the URL for the Eagle Soup video? Please! :D

ftp://ftp.chproducts.com/pub/BioHazCentral/LOMAC_Eagle.zip

I set the jet for take off, utiliseing waypoints to the 2nd airfield, I flew approximately 5 Miles then climbed up through the cloud deck and turned a reverse course 180 at 20k, to show that up on top it was a beautiful sunny day (NOON) then i came back around to the 2nd course decending in to the clouds and then did a 360 degree decent to lose altitude and to put me within 3nm of the Final approach course of the destination airfield. As luck would have it i was at 3nm and 8k, which required me to nose it over to a 40+ deg dive to the deck to 1000 AGL. at around 650 AGL i hit the Fog deck,

This is to show folks that Situational and instrument awareness is critical, so that the Effects of the Eyeballs dont put you into Spacial Disorientation. ( I SO LOVE THE Bright LIGHTNING FLASHES IN THE CLOUDS)

so my point of origin was not the the same as my destination.

Heres the screenshot of that mission:

post-6-1065062109_thumb.jpg

Excellent video....lost my spatial orientation when you dropped into the muck for a moment....

I was wondering why I could still hear the thunder and crack of lighting in the external shots above the cloud tops.....seems to me that it would be pretty quiet up there....

Dead reconing IFR - all the way, till the needles showed up! Cool!

MrMudd, did you use TrackIR in this vid?

Guest MrMudd

No i did not recieve the TRACK IR unit until after i had made that video, however my Mig vs 16 video i did use the track ir only and no padlock. Needless to say i owned the Viper until bingo fuel state, then i sent a heater into his burner can spilling his virtual guts allover his dash.... :D

the next 2 videos i put out for LOMAC will be Track Ir exclusively