The whole waiting for the new patch is getting long.

As much as releasing the DS mod when things are finally patched seems quite sensed, let me ask the following questions: the whole DesertStorm Mod would work in latest SFP or WOE installs? Or has it been designed for WOI since the beginning? I.E. if it was released for WOI would it work?: last questions; a version for those of us who might decide not to patch their main install, left to SP4 standards would be reasonable? Let me explain: Of course the DS pack will be make more than worth an install standalone and patch it up. But maybe some of us might be interested in borrowing bits and pieces from the DS mod and throw those in thier campaigns or missions. The woi-patch compatibilty might make this difficult.

As much as releasing the DS mod when things are finally patched seems quite sensed, let me ask the following questions: the whole DesertStorm Mod would work in latest SFP or WOE installs? Or has it been designed for WOI since the beginning? I.E. if it was released for WOI would it work?: last questions; a version for those of us who might decide not to patch their main install, left to SP4 standards would be reasonable? Let me explain: Of course the DS pack will be make more than worth an install standalone and patch it up. But maybe some of us might be interested in borrowing bits and pieces from the DS mod and throw those in thier campaigns or missions. The woi-patch compatibilty might make this difficult.

my understanding is that the DS mod is being built for WOE/V/SF (not WOI) and waiting to integrate the latest patch to those before being released.

The terrain is 98.6% finished, JSF_Aggie is making some final tweeks on it

Several new and/or reskinned aircraft are being worked on even as we speak.

As to waiting for the patch, with the updated aviionics70.dll, as far as I remember, we decieded to say "no, we ain't waiting" Other members may have decieded otherwise (without telling me -- I never get the memos.. :cray: )

Be paitent ... all is well in hand. Honestely, I don't know what I like better: how the terrain & targets came out, or some of the new aircraft and vehicles.

Wrench

kevin stein

(and the meanie in me says...if you can't be paitent ... TUFF!! :tongue: )

As to waiting for the patch, with the updated aviionics70.dll, as far as I remember, we decieded to say "no, we ain't waiting" Other members may have decieded otherwise (without telling me -- I never get the memos.. :cray: )

Wrench

kevin stein

(and the meanie in me says...if you can't be paitent ... TUFF!! :tongue: )

didn't mean to imply that I actually know the details, or am on that team. Just my impression.

What Wrench said.

#1 We have more aircraft to add.

#2 We got more terrain objects to place etc.

#3 When we think its ready to release, the team is going to discuss what to do then. We reserve that right to release when we feel its ready.

Some of the aircraft though have been tweaked to WOI standards in anticipation of the patches for WOE. Also this mod is for WOE....and WOE only. I repeat for WOE only.

It is great to hear a update on this project. I have no questions or doubt that the team working on this is absolutely the best! You guys have made my experience with the TW series and CA the best anyone could ever ask for. :clapping::clapping::clapping: . When Ever the team decides to release the DS project we all will be greatful for all your hard work and time. :ok::good:

Well, what happens if I wanna put it in WoI Mr. Smarty-beeg pants?

Tomatos.gif

I should really learn to resist my urges to be a smart-ass. One day, I'll get the ban-hammer...

___Edit___ Shoot, even the word censor is out to get me, and killed my gif!

Edited by Spectre_USA

Well, Meeeester Spectre-BigGun, I'd suggest having the GermanyCE terrain cat in there (since there's already T-72's in WoI)

:tongue:

Wrench

kevin stein

Using WOI will get you nothing but missing aircraft.

The Desert Storm mod will require you to have WOE, and it will need to be patched up to the upcoming patch in order for it to work. The reasons for this are several. I'm not going to type all night trying to justify why we're doing it this way.

In short, we're using some things that only come with the stock WOE game. We're waiting for the latest patch because it adds several thing that we feel are needed to make the game play as best as it can be.

We're making the mod for ourselves, because it is something we're interested in. If others enjoy it, then that's great. We're not going to rush and put out something half-arse because others are getting tired of waiting.

Dave, you're the project manager, please tell me if I missed the requirement that this mod must be everything to all people, the greatest sim experience ever, stop world hunger, etc etc. If people don't want to make a seperate WOE install or don't want to patch their install, by all means, don't download the DS mod. Even better put your own together.

Canadair,

If you would like to pull objects and such from Desert Storm, and use them in your own work, by all means, have at it. But honestly, the absolute last thing on my mind is worrying about what some else is going to do with this or that piece, and if it will work for what they want. That's asking too much.

My current plan for this is to make many updates overtime. For example, the current terrain is to small to have all the acurate airfields Coalition aircraft flew from. I've already started one that includes everything, but that will come in a later update. That being said, I welcome any cretiques and suggestions about the content. once it's released. But it will be for WOE, and it will be for the next patch. Download it, don't download it, or make your own.

I really, really hope that everyone realizes I was just griefing on USAFBLT and all.

This is one scenerio that I've been hoping to see for sometime, as I was AD-USAF during the time period.

I'd regale you with tales of daring-do, but there are few.

Heck, if it isn't released for public consumption, thaz OK too. Entirely up to you fine folks, of course, and I appreciate that you've even offered to let others

have at your labors.

Time will tell.

Sorry if I came off as harsh, just funnin' a fellow Zoomie...

The Desert Storm mod will require you to have WOE, and it will need to be patched up to the upcoming patch in order for it to work. The reasons for this are several. I'm not going to type all night trying to justify why we're doing it this way.

In short, we're using some things that only come with the stock WOE game. We're waiting for the latest patch because it adds several thing that we feel are needed to make the game play as best as it can be.

We're making the mod for ourselves, because it is something we're interested in. If others enjoy it, then that's great. We're not going to rush and put out something half-arse because others are getting tired of waiting.

Dave, you're the project manager, please tell me if I missed the requirement that this mod must be everything to all people, the greatest sim experience ever, stop world hunger, etc etc. If people don't want to make a seperate WOE install or don't want to patch their install, by all means, don't download the DS mod. Even better put your own together.

Canadair,

If you would like to pull objects and such from Desert Storm, and use them in your own work, by all means, have at it. But honestly, the absolute last thing on my mind is worrying about what some else is going to do with this or that piece, and if it will work for what they want. That's asking too much.

My current plan for this is to make many updates overtime. For example, the current terrain is to small to have all the acurate airfields Coalition aircraft flew from. I've already started one that includes everything, but that will come in a later update. That being said, I welcome any cretiques and suggestions about the content. once it's released. But it will be for WOE, and it will be for the next patch. Download it, don't download it, or make your own.

Thanks to you all for the explanations. Everything makes sense.

Edited by Canadair

--snipped quote:

stop world hunger, etc etc.
---

Of course it will...aren't we gonna waste half the human population of this planet??? That'll leave more for the rest of us. MUUUUahahahahahaHHHHAAHAHAHAHA <---evil laugh :wink:

Spectre: I knew you was funnin'!!!

Wrench

kevin stein

If you have WOE than yes... you need some specific files from WOE

S***t, I only have SFP :sorry: , I didn't found WOE in Spain, which files I have to have?

Lets see what CA_stary will do with this terrain?! :-P

I think CA_stary is out of a job on this one. There are prety much no trees in Iraq. Wait im sorry there are 2.5 trees in Iraq :biggrin:

Canadair,

Agreed, if all you want the mod for is to piece meal it apart, don't expect us to help. Our goal here is to get the mod right, not worry about what people can do with it afterwards.

I think CA_stary is out of a job on this one. There are prety much no trees in Iraq. Wait im sorry there are 2.5 trees in Iraq :biggrin:

Maybe he can add some camels and sand....yeah lots and lots of sand to make you feel lost coming home from a SEAD until you see that camel and you remember it from the flight up.

No matter when it comes, no matter what's required, and how big the pack gonna be, I'm calmly waiting guys! No rush, no rush, I'm sure it will rock :minigun::smile:

And by the way -do you need a betatester? :rofl: