With the recent release of the Mig 31 and the more or less imminent release of Craig's TSR-2, now seems like a good time to start on a stratos 4 mod

post-24797-1216671988_thumb.jpg

post-24797-1216672014_thumb.jpg

Fastcargo's already done most of the groundwork for the Anti-Comet mission profile with his ASAT (I don't have WOI so unfortunately I can't test it)

I've already played around with the necessary rocket boosters, so it should be fairly simple to do

Wouldn't the meteors be flying down with speed from low orbit? Interested to see how this works out (never seen Stratos 4 myself, but heard about it).

Is it possible for the aircrafts to use TELLAR launchers like in the anime?

Edited by kct

Wouldn't the meteors be flying down with speed from low orbit? Interested to see how this works out (never seen Stratos 4 myself, but heard about it).

Is it possible for the aircrafts to use TELLAR launchers like in the anime?

As it is in the ASAT mission you only have a limited amount of time to shoot down the satellite.

As for the Zero-length launch system, something like it exists in the form of the carrier catapaults, so maybe we could

adapt that, for now I'm working on the booster and missile.

As it is in the ASAT mission you only have a limited amount of time to shoot down the satellite.

As for the Zero-length launch system, something like it exists in the form of the carrier catapaults, so maybe we could

adapt that, for now I'm working on the booster and missile.

Oh my God, what an anime I missed, thanks Crimson!

So will you have underage girls in tight flight suits sitting prone in the cockpit with the camera pointed right at their butt just like in the show?

For realism of course.

So will you have underage girls in tight flight suits sitting prone in the cockpit with the camera pointed right at their butt just like in the show?

For realism of course.

Actually you beat me to it, I'm looking into some free programs like Daz 3D to attempt it

Most of the modelling work is done, now It's really just a matter of INI editing

post-24797-1216804642_thumb.jpg

post-24797-1216804673_thumb.jpg

post-24797-1216804700_thumb.jpg

Known problems so far:

The reason they used Zero length launchers becomes obvious, while the missile just clears the ground with gear down, it is destroyed during rotation on takeoff or landing.

For some reason the plane leans heavily to the right with the missile attached, my guess it that the centerline of the Mig does not coincide wit the center of gravity, or that my model is very slightly of kilter. It's fairly easy to manually correct though

Fantastic thank you

pilot models too?

:biggrin: :biggrin:

Canadair: Definitely not time for Mecha Musume now...(in before Strike Witches...however, I think it would be funny to have a Strike Witches mod, one set in WWII and one set in modern era).

Edited by kct
  • Like 1

Mecha Musume

Now I had no idea of what it was... I did some searches on the itnernet..and wow!

I guess this is really geekness to its highest. Mechanical and girls fetish put togheter!

@ Canadair

What is it? I would search but after seeing your other post im afraid to (due to the fact that others use this PC)

Mecha Musume are kinda like cutesy mascots, girls dressed up as millitary hardware, ranging innocent to indecent.

What we actually mean for the pilot model is this:

post-24797-1216888345_thumb.jpg

Sure its excessive, but its part of the anime Experience

Edited by CrimsonRoamer

Sure its excessive, but its part of the anime Experience

well yes anime experience; on the other hand the sitting position could be intersting too..have you seen Aika? :biggrin: :biggrin:

Edited by Canadair

The trident and Foxhound are just about finished, here are the latest pics.

post-24797-1216914609_thumb.jpg

Proceed to intercept area.

post-24797-1216914624_thumb.jpg

First stage ascent using turbofan engines

post-24797-1216914651_thumb.jpg

Roll over and engage third engine

post-24797-1216914671_thumb.jpg

LAUNCH!

post-24797-1216914684_thumb.jpg

post-24797-1216914694_thumb.jpg

There's one more fix I want to try first, to allow conventional take off,

Also, can anyone recommend a better effect for the rocket engine?

EDIT: Okay, the fix works, you can take a Trident up from take off and land again with it safely

Current Mission profile

1. Take off normally, but do not enage throttl to full as this will immediately engage the rocket and slam you into the runway

2. At around 10,000 feet, flying straight and level, roll inverted and go to full throttle to engage the rocket engine (the rocket pushed your nose down.

3. push forward on the stick until you are vertical underneath the target.

4. Lock on and launch the rocket

5. After launch chop throttle and pop speed brakes before reaching 90-100,000 feet. the rocket engine is very powerful and you will quickly ascend to 120,000 and out of the map.

The pack will contain the modified files for the foxhound, the LODs for the third engine, and two forms of the trident, one using the TV guidance from FastCargo's ASAT, and one unguided version. The center station is also equiped to handle nuclear warheads if you are so inclined to modify it.

EDIT2: In fact, I may even try a little effects work and include this; though since I do't have WOI, someone else will have to test it.

post-24797-1216919013_thumb.jpg

Edited by CrimsonRoamer

i noticed with NF-104 , that at those altitudes craft control is difficult.

i have an idea for a thrust control system to apply to this kind of aircrafts.

it could work pretty well. just, i need time to make it work.

if am right, i could create some little engines connected to pitch, roll and yaw commands.

i'll post something tomorrow, if i am lucky. if not, wait 2 weeks.

brilliant; thanks

Tellar should be tried anyway, as well as the pilot model.

Thanks also for pointing me to a masterpiece anime I had missed so far!

The Stratos 4 mod I will download immeditely

Edited by Canadair

File uploaded

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=7020

Does not contain a comet model, which I am unable to test due to lack of WOI.

In case someone with WOI wishes to do so I have uploaded the LOD and skin for the comet here.

Comet_BETA_model_only_.rar

You may wish to try replacing the Tselina from the ASAT mission with this. The objective at this point is to find a way to add a large plume to simulate a comet tail.

File uploaded

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=7020

Does not contain a comet model, which I am unable to test due to lack of WOI.

In case someone with WOI wishes to do so I have uploaded the LOD and skin for the comet here.

Comet_BETA_model_only_.rar

You may wish to try replacing the Tselina from the ASAT mission with this. The objective at this point is to find a way to add a large plume to simulate a comet tail.

I don't have woi with me at the moment too

Is there any other way to simulate the comet? shall we brainstorm on this?; Perhaps bombers?

what about a ground object placed at a huge altitude?

also, do you think we can increase the altitude limit with terrain editor?

what about a ground object placed at a huge altitude?

also, do you think we can increase the altitude limit with terrain editor?

That was the problem, if its set as a ground object the missile will lock onto the point on the ground, if its set as a bomber it'll be manuvering.

Then again maybe a little work with the terrain editor to make a Shimoji Island map and place it as a ground object on a very high point?

THe best solution is still to use WOI, or possibly wait and see if TK patches WOE and WOV to WOI standard

Edited by CrimsonRoamer

however, i made my reaction control system beta for the NF-104

i am uploading now, but it still needs many tweaks

it activates himself at the 97% of the pitch/roll input.

NF_104A_DATA.zip

I uploaded it with the wrong skin by mistake, either re-download the pack or rename "thirdenginefoxhound.bmp" to "foxrocket.bmp"

I uploaded it with the wrong skin by mistake, either re-download the pack or rename "thirdenginefoxhound.bmp" to "foxrocket.bmp"

Thanks!!!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA :victory:

img00001-1.jpg

First step!! Defined the Scud launcher as a carrier with no engine ( if it have one it will run at 400km/h lol ) is possible to use it on land so we have the launcher ready. Problems:

1-Someone need to define the start position of the plane

2-Someone need to tune the catapult

I believe is something a ship maker can do it in no time ( correct me If I'm wrong please )

Know limitations: Plane need to have the wheels down during take off sequence