So, we are all talking about new mods, addition and improvement of this game. We had a thread about "fair use moding" and rules of using someones work. But what we don`t have is a organised modding. I know that everybody can do and mod what he wants. but lets see this asa a whole company.. we all have aim to make this game better and to release addons and mods to earn some respect in the second point but as first one, to have some new toys! It`s our hobby and we are spending alot of free time to develop stuff. But the coordination is missing. Let`s talk about the China/Veltro incident. veltro is a well known modder and everyone awaited and awaits his mods. Me also! but look what has happend, I call it "missunerstanding" between the chinese guy and veltros thread!

veltro was pissed of and I ca understand him, absolutly. It was definatly a wrong way to handle this hijacking. He spents a lot of time to create this beautiful Foxbat and other mods. I know he is still around and works further on his mods but he was hurt with this "missunderstand"

My idea is to have a small database, or a nonopen forum for modders to discuss their projects or to have something to see what`s in the pipe and what are the informations about the progress.

I want to discuss this fact, cause it should not happen again.

best regards

Martin

I like the idea of getting a little more organization and coordination, but it can also hamper modding in some ways. This mod for Oblivion, Tamriel Rebuilt (actually the tr in my name) has this "claims system" since its so huge and we don't want overlapping, but the process in a sense slows things down and lumps alot of organization onto a few people. Different things that are needed are divided up and people can claim that particular thing (whether its a piece of land, a set of armor, building, animal or character) to develop that, usually with certain guidelines after it being a huge cluster **** of shoddy work without real progress to an end goal.

it might be nice to have a spreadsheet that people can list what their projects are just to avoid duplication.

But at the team level many of the modders already belong to multiple teams. So most of those teams kinda already know what is being worked on by everyone.

That is why, for example, you don't see me posting any Hornet mods or new updates to the Tomcat........

:wink:

Isn't this/that what the "Modders Forum" was created for????

Whoever said we were organized in on crack!!! :rofl:

No, seriously...that's why the Modder Forum WAS created. Modelers, Skinners, Ini Dancers are supposed to be over in here, trying to find out what's up, weither it be a MAX question, who's doing what with what, whatever. However, these things just show up in the regular Forums.

Also, the listings of "Whats Available" has been in the KB for long time --note to self: update the vehicles/aircraft listings--, it's just another one of those things that come in oh-so-handy, that NO ONE bothers to look at. That should also list WIPs. In fact, I KNOW it does!!

At one time, and somebody took it down, we had a sticky thread (yet another thing few bother to look at) about "WIPs". Maybe we need to start another one? Just like the WoI Historic Mods Thread, What's TMF Up To?, IDF listings....

Let's hears some ideas, people. We can give you resourcess, but you HAVE to make use of them.

And that is the biggest problem of all...laziness.

Wrench

kevin stein

If there is any double work .. there can be also some competition that`s right...

I am ALWAYS an advocate of competition! :good:

Organize? AHAHAHAHHAH I love the chaos! CRY HAVOC AND BRING FORTH THE DOGS OF MODDING!

That list needs to be updated more often, and needs confining to a single post to be more effective. But to be updated more often that means someone has to pester everyone constantly or religiously keep track of every project thread.