Sign in to follow this  
kesegy

War crime suspect Karadzic arrested

full story ---> here

Former Bosnian Serb president Radovan Karadzic, accused of masterminding "ethnic cleansing" deportations and killings of Bosnian Muslims and Croats, has been arrested after more than a decade in hiding, a U.N. war crimes tribunal said Monday.

Karadzic, 63, is charged with genocide, crimes against humanity and violations of the law of war.

Last seen in public in 1996, Karadzic was the Bosnian Serb political leader during the 1992-1995 war that followed Bosnia-Herzegovina's secession from Yugoslavia.

karadzic.jpg

You gotta be happy with that! I've been watching this unfold all day. Still can't get over that he's been at large for 13 years in the same region...

there were rumors that some of that time he spent in moscow, courtesy of the russian government, which has a good record for helping serbian criminals (milosevic's familiy still resides there, i believe).

it is not that hard to believe he could stay so long in hiding. he has a lot of supporters even today, especially in the rural parts of serbia and bosnia (where there is serbian majority).

it should be interesting to see now whether the russians did really harbor a genocide suspect, and if it comes out, which foreign country's tip led to the arrest.

Finally one of the biggest f*ckers of this time has been put behind bars.

With the damage he has caused in the Balkan, I would be happy if he was

given the honour of riding the lightning (Old Sparky wise...).

Also, the Chinese way of execution comes to mind, although in everyday

life I strongly disagree with the method.

Hope he will not get away easy with this, as Milosevic.

Two down, one to go (Mladic).

I will drink a very big pint tonight to celebrate this event!

Muesli

I will drink a very big pint tonight to celebrate this event!

Muesli

As I.

I hope he will be exposed for his part in the massacres, however this is being carried by the media in a typical (for this conflict) one sided pro Muslim anti, Christian way. The Balkan war is consistently portrayed by the western media as an issue of "poor innocent muslim victims" and evil Serbian ethnic cleansing. I am not justifying the torture, rape or the massacres but I am going to point out that this kind of thing happens to all sides in war, British remember the illegal summary execution of Mao Mao in Kenya ? Americans remember Mylai? or Spanish remember Najaf? War crimes unfortunately happen and there are no excuses but we must not portray the entire conflict in terms of the crimes of one side, did the Argentines not also terrorise the local population, didn't the Vietnamese maim and kill and didn't Iraqis commit their own attrocities? Im sure people will be disgusted that I should in any way question the poor oppressed muslim population of Bosnia but people should not forget what exactly it was that the Serbians where fighting Link: Al Qaeda/Mujahedeen in the Balkan war

I agree, but regardless, that doesnt make it right, Ethnic Cleansing, war crimes, and any attrocities period are wrong and the president or dicktator and all that participated should be sentenced to death in my opinion. But hey thats just me.

I agree, but regardless, that doesnt make it right, Ethnic Cleansing, war crimes, and any attrocities period are wrong and the president or dicktator and all that participated should be sentenced to death in my opinion. But hey thats just me.

Exactly, there is no excuse that makes it right but also there is no excuse for the media reporting a war totally from one sides point of view, if there where atrocities on either side, then any and all responsible should be brought to justice not only the ones from the loosing side. Numerically and technologically the atrocities may have been greater from the Serb side but that does not justify a whitewash of the Bosnian involvement in that war in my opinion.

Exactly, there is no excuse that makes it right but also there is no excuse for the media reporting a war totally from one sides point of view, if there where atrocities on either side, then any and all responsible should be brought to justice not only the ones from the loosing side. Numerically and technologically the atrocities may have been greater from the Serb side but that does not justify a whitewash of the Bosnian involvement in that war in my opinion.

And I agree with you on that point, there shouldnt be a bias as to which side won and which lost as to determine who is prosecuted.

It is about time! let him get what he deserves and all the cowards that supported him in the "cleansing" should get the same. Combat and war is horrible enough without the extra "crap" that always seems to be brought upon the innoncent.

I was in Srebrenica in Summer of '98.

There was nothing left - NOTHING. Not one f*cking brick left standing.

In Iraq in '05 - I did not see anything close to what I saw there...

Death is too good for this B@stard.

I was in Srebrenica in Summer of '98.

There was nothing left - NOTHING. Not one f*cking brick left standing.

In Iraq in '05 - I did not see anything close to what I saw there...

Death is too good for this B@stard.

Don't need the media to report that when you see it with your own eyes. That isn't one sided at all. Guy needs to be killed the same way he did those people.

Update:

It has been revealed that during these 13 years Mr. Karadzic was living in Belgrade.

Neither his work superiors nor his landlords knew his real identity. Indeed, he was so comfortable in his diguise that he moved in public places freely in Belgrade.

He even had a job in a clinic where he practiced alternative medicine.

Also, he frequently attended conventions regarding alternative medicine giving speeches about being one with the universe etc, giving couple's therapy, writing articles on psychology, meditation and bioenergy for the "Healthy Living" magazine and so on.

His alias was Dragan Dabic.

Here are some pics:

th_90359_karadzic_210_122_1151lo.jpgth_90364_karadzic_122_1188lo.jpgth_90369_karadzic_529_122_549lo.jpgth_90372_karadzic_634_122_1028lo.jpg

th_90373_karadzic_643_122_1170lo.jpgth_90840_karadzic_352_122_220lo.jpgth_90845_karadzic_569_122_472lo.jpg