I ask the modders if they can create more realistic training missiles, such as the inert missiles that you can see on the wingtips of aggressor F-16s...a better version of the cap-9 and catm-120 included in the bunyaps weps pack...is it possible? :good:

Dude, it's only been an hour and a half since you posted...we do have lives outside of the forums ya know.

Also, what do you mean by more realistic training missile? What exactly are you looking for?

Finally, there are a lot of projects out there and a limited amount of time. This may be something you can do yourself depending on what you are trying to accomplish.

FastCargo

Better? What kind of improvement are you looking for in something that doesn't work!? :unsure:

Awwww, those damn modders...they forgot to add the training wheels!!!!!

mh training missiles .. it`s like training going to the toilette... It`s has to do some boom!!! Without it`s nonsense!!!

Depending on the weapon's pack being used, most modded airframes can carry ACMI pods and inert training missiles. If the plane can not carry them go into the ini and do some self editing on the weapon's stations. I think it is EP to add to the sidewinder rails so planes can carry ACMI pods.

I really do not see how the current ones in the last weapons pack can be improved, they resemble the things in real life...blue tubes or gray tubes with blue bands on them.

If it is visual aspects you are talking about, all you have to do is open up the CAP or ACMI files and repaint them yourself.

Way back when I was modding for Janes FA, I made an ACMI pod that fired 4 AIM-9's which had all the characteristics of the real missile, but did no damage.

Also did a gun pod that fired harmless 20mm.

In this way, a couple of guys could go practice without blowing each other up but still see the results in the stats as to hits, etc.

mh training missiles .. it`s like training going to the toilette... It`s has to do some boom!!! Without it`s nonsense!!!

My question is Why?

I think it would be a fantastic idea to create training missions with dogfights using these inert weapons...1vs1, 2vs2, 1vs2 between aggressors aircraft and normal aircraft...for example using A-4E Super Echo, F-21Lion, Mirage factory F-16 with aggressor skin...a sort of Top Gun training, without destroying enemies, but only locking aircraft by heat seekers and radar...is there anyone able to do this? :good:

someone a long time ago already created just such a campaign. I don have it and forgot where it came from

But you can make one just as easily with sme mission building.