Sign in to follow this  
firehawkordy

Latest On My Kid

Well my son the Marine picks up Cpl next month and decided to ship over for another four years. probably a good choice considering the uncertainty in the civilian job market and having a baby on the way. I don't have the heart to tell him this is how you begin that dark journey to becoming a lifer.

He will have vet status that will help w/ State Police, Dept. of Corrections, Sheriff Offices, City and County Fire Dept. when he decides to get out. tell him to take all the test when he's a short timer, most states allow you to take them 1 year out from ETS. He could walk into a state trooper job 70K+ a year In Mass if you arn't making 100K your first year you are lazy.

Well my son the Marine picks up Cpl next month and decided to ship over for another four years. probably a good choice considering the uncertainty in the civilian job market and having a baby on the way. I don't have the heart to tell him this is how you begin that dark journey to becoming a lifer.

Sounds like a good choice and tell him congrats on the promotion.

congrats and good luck in the remaining of his service!! :)