Sign in to follow this  
Russkie Raider

Here we go again...

Indeed, WTF?!

Just can't undertand Russian ideas.

Little revenge because of the defensive missiles in Europe? Hell, it's high time for Russia to understand that the West is not a threat, unlike what Moscow are showing now. Threat for Russia lies in Middle east and Red China. They will regret sailing away from the West the day China will start to claim the now largely han-colonized Vladivostock or the weak central-asian republics.

Well, I guess Chesty Puller was right :yes:

They are trying to reestablish themselves as a super power now that they have oil wealth and cash reserves. Especially at a time that the US is dealing with foreign energy dependency, overstretched and overworked military, financial turmoil, and political weakness.

AFAIK there were an agreement no only on offensive but on defensive missiles too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Ballistic_Missile_Treaty

Despite US had quit, Russia still gets kinda angry when ABM are deployed everywhere. What rogue state could reach US with their nuke if they had one?

Rogue states can reach US allies in Eastern Europe. States that can retaliate by themselves the same way US, France, UK or Russia can.

Russia does hold Europe by the balls with the gaz tube things, cut them, and it's gonna be quite cold in most of the continent, especially where sissies ecologists made countries stick off the nuclear. What does the Kremlin wants more? I repeat my self: Russia is more threatened by what might happen in Middle East, central Asia or eastern Asia than by the Western World. Come on, that's not NATO that is supporting insurgents in Chechenya or that is staring with greedy eyes Siberian natural ressources.

If they do (unlikely) im not bothered tbh - will be some extra planes flying around that area - and give the USAF something to mock intercept.

Bombers on Cuba is more of a political statement (if true) - im pretty sure their ICBMs based in Russia would do a better and more than adequate job regardless of whats on Cuba if it ever came to that - so you could say why would they do it!

Well as for End of called war treaties - one of the conditions apparently was not expanding NATO further into Europe - which we have done so blatently and now we are putting missiles in former USSR territories - I can see why Russia may think we are taking the pi$$.

The Russian government is like your skizo ex girlfriend. They want to be everyone's friend, they want to be a world economic leader, but they still want control over the Caucuses and Eastern Europe. Putin (Medvedev) detest Communism, but he wants a strong and autocratic Russia.

I think it is more saber rattling and more cries for attention. In all fairness, before the Oil giants came into Russia and before the central government got strong, during the 1990s the U.S. and E.U. did not take the Russians seriously, not there is a rift.

The Russian government is like your skizo ex girlfriend. They want to be everyone's friend, they want to be a world economic leader, but they still want control over the Caucuses and Eastern Europe. Putin (Medvedev) detest Communism, but he wants a strong and autocratic Russia.

I think it is more saber rattling and more cries for attention. In all fairness, before the Oil giants came into Russia and before the central government got strong, during the 1990s the U.S. and E.U. did not take the Russians seriously, not there is a rift.

You know, I kind of agree with you. It's like Russia's saying "Hey, I'm still cool. Russia over here. I'm a power too."

Its all talk, something to bargain with.

So we base a few F-22s in Florida and should they ever fly out of cuban airspace, they explode and crash without the slightest clue we had a plane up intercepting them.

So we base a few F-22s in Florida and should they ever fly out of cuban airspace, they explode and crash without the slightest clue we had a plane up intercepting them.

How many F-22s are there around? Sadly USMC hawker is right; russia gives Usa something to bargain about, and makes a loud voice in a moment in which USa is all over the place..

wow. a warmonger!!

a cause for war?

Bears used to fly to Cuba routinely, but they weren't strike Bears. So far as I am aware, the current flap was caused by a statement by a Russian that they might resume those flights to Cuba, not base a strike regiment with nukes in Cuba. (I might be wrong on that point but I have not seen any article that claimed that)

interesting that the lefty is advocating pre-emptive war while the professional air defense guy is saying "so what?"

:wink:

Russia-China Treaty of Friendship was signed in April of 2005. They have military exercises with each other on a regular basis. This is to offset the unipolar power imbalance held by the US. Russia is arming Iran with missiles, top of the line aircraft and nuclear facilities. Making Iran an increased threat to its neighboring countries in range of its ICBMs. So the US planned on providing Yogoslavia a ballistic missile shield to protect it from any stray Iranian missiles, Russia then went ballistic. Because Russia also has a mutual economic and military agreement with Iran. So to react to the US move they now announce their plan to move Russian bombers to fly out of Cuba. The Cold War never ended my friends, because they merely reshuffled the order of leadeship to open up their economy to make more money. That goal has been attained enough to go back to business as usual. Savy?

AFAIK there are always F-22 in FL. I can't remember if it's Eglin or Tyndall, but they've got them there, albeit not permanently assigned.

When the Berlin wall came down I remember asking my Uncle who flew B-52s for SAC in the 70's what he thought about the end of the Cold War? All he said was, "All those ICBMs are still in their silos." I agree. The Cold War never really ended.

AFAIK there are always F-22 in FL. I can't remember if it's Eglin or Tyndall, but they've got them there, albeit not permanently assigned.

permanently assigned at Tyndall and flying NORAD missions.

Did that change? I don't remember Tyndall being announced as a permanent base back when Langley and the others were.

Did that change? I don't remember Tyndall being announced as a permanent base back when Langley and the others were.

its the training base with the 325th as the "schoolhouse".

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/sys...f-22-deploy.htm

crews and planes from there and Langley deployed to Elmendorf when the F-15's were grounded and flew NORAD missions. So the Tyndall squadron could, if needed, fly air defense missions again. Generally its F-15's from Tyndall that fly NORAD missions.