Sign in to follow this  
Svetlin

J-10 centerline fuel tank

Hello guys,

Following a link, posted here, I downloaded the J-10 BETA model. I am having issues with the centerline fuel tank - it does not show up in game.

So I have tried: bigger weight limit, changing the skin, using a different LOD file (from the 300l F-16 tank). The result - the F-16 tank works fine on the J-10, the J-10 does not. Could this be LOD file problem? Anyone having the same problem? Any solution?

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Svetlin

Hello guys,

Following a link, posted here, I downloaded the J-10 BETA model. I am having issues with the centerline fuel tank - it does not show up in game.

So I have tried: bigger weight limit, changing the skin, using a different LOD file (from the 300l F-16 tank). The result - the F-16 tank works fine on the J-10, the J-10 does not. Could this be LOD file problem? Anyone having the same problem? Any solution?

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Svetlin

I don't think that the fuel tanks are provided in that download; all is there to do is use wingtanks form another plane until Inksy makes them available; In the meanwhile the plane flies great, and with a F-18 cockpit and less than 5 minutes of edit provides a formidable bird to fly

Well, the file I downloaded did provide a weapons folder with J-10 fuel tanks inside - a 370l wing tank and a 300l centerline tank. The wing tank shows OK and matches the look of the real J-10 tank, so I am pretty sure it is not adopted from a different 'bird', but specially designed. As I said, I am currently using the F-16 300l tank as a substitute for the J-10 centerline tank. So my question is still open.

P.S. Thanks for the attention, Canadair!

Can't exactly remember... There was a download link, posted by the developer in one of the topics, never uploaded here. May be searching for Vigorous Dragon will give a result :dntknw:

Did you add the droptanks data to the weaponsdata ini, and then validated the entry with the weapons editor??

Sounds like ya forgot a few steps....

Weapons Editor turorial is in the Knowledge Base:

Click Me!!! -->Adding Weapons: An Illustrated Tutorial <---I'm a Link!!

Lots of other good stuff in there, too.

Everyone, all together: The Knowledge Base In My Friend!!! :wink:

Wrench

kevin stein

@ Wrench. Yep, I did go all the way and used the weapon editor to open/save the ini file to make sure the game recognizes the added weps. The tank shows among the other entries, just does not show up in flight (I have it in the loadout selection list before mission and I am able to select it, yet no show in flight). I followed the very same procedure to add the wing tanks and the centerline tank. Wing tanks show up fine, so I am sure the problem is not in how I added the tank. I have the same issue in WOE and WOI, before and after applying the latest patch.

P.S. The Knowledge base is very useful, thanks for your efforts in that direction - they are truly appreciated!

Best Regards,

Svetlin

Do BOTH the J-10 data and loadout in list the new fuel tank??? It has to have both entires, the game are kinda particular when it come to th correct pointers.

Example, the F-4E:

[CenterlineStation]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=5

StationGroupID=6

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=0.0,0.37,-1.01

AttachmentAngles=0.0,-2.0,0.0

LoadLimit=2050

AllowedWeaponClass=BOMB,LGB,NUC,GP,IFP,DLP,FT,MER,RCN

AttachmentType=USAF

ModelNodeName=pylon_centerline

PylonMass=31.75

PylonDragArea=0.02

LaunchRailNodeName=

MinExtentPosition=

MaxExtentPosition=

FuelTankName=Tank600_F4<--this line, must match loadout ini, and versa visea

Not having the J-10, I can't look at it's inis...

Wrench

kevin stein

@ Wrench. Yep, I did go all the way and used the weapon editor to open/save the ini file to make sure the game recognizes the added weps. The tank shows among the other entries, just does not show up in flight (I have it in the loadout selection list before mission and I am able to select it, yet no show in flight). I followed the very same procedure to add the wing tanks and the centerline tank. Wing tanks show up fine, so I am sure the problem is not in how I added the tank. I have the same issue in WOE and WOI, before and after applying the latest patch.

P.S. The Knowledge base is very useful, thanks for your efforts in that direction - they are truly appreciated!

Best Regards,

Svetlin

I do confirm. Now I have the fuel tanks, and the ventral one, after the proper install and .ini procedure does not show up in flight. I don't think there is much more to experiment about. On the other hand the J-10 is a beta, althoguh in decent condition.

Wrench I got it from CA, as attachment to a thread., Althoguh I worked on it a little bit. If the creators agree, it can be posted on CA...

I do hope the creators of the J-10 (an excellent mod in most ways) are reading this and will provide a working LOD file for the ventral tank :please:

Thank you all!

I do hope the creators of the J-10 (an excellent mod in most ways) are reading this and will provide a working LOD file for the ventral tank :please:

Thank you all!

I'm watching this........... :dntknw:

But I don't know how large is the J-10's fuel tank

Edited by Erwin_Hans

Hi everybody...

I just wanna know where could I get the J-10.....!!!! I havent found it in the add on aircrafts....!! does it exist??

Hi everybody...

I just wanna know where could I get the J-10.....!!!! I havent found it in the add on aircrafts....!! does it exist??

I have a nicely packed J-10 with skins and cockpit; I already pmed the authors, if they agree I will upload to CA

I have a nicely packed J-10 with skins and cockpit; I already pmed the authors, if they agree I will upload to CA

:clapping: Why not,upload it..author agreed.

Upload it as a BETA version :smile:

Edited by Erwin_Hans

That would be nice Canadair......... if I were u I would lestin to what erwin hans said and upload ASAP..... looool

Thanks again canadair..

@ Erwin_Hans

Hi, I will try to find details about the ventral tank.

If nothing better comes up, I have 1/72 Trumpeter model of the aircraft, so I will be able to give dimensions of the thing in 1/72 and scale up to 1/1.

Hope that will help. I am still reading and learning the ways of building aircraft mods, so cannot be of any help with designing one myself (for the time being that is).

With respect, Svetlin

If we had some pictures to compare the J-10 tank to, say the MiG-21's or 23...we've got a lot of varying sizes to choose from;

600l

790l

800l

1500l

and some I'm certainly missing

all existing as either stock or in weapons packs. A very simple matter to create "copies" via hex editing and reskinning

Wrench

kevin stein

@Wrench and Erwin_Hans

Hello guys, that's the result of a quick Google search:

http://www.defencetalk.com/pictures/showph...php/photo/15292

http://www.defencetalk.com/pictures/showph...php/photo/15291

Are these any good, at least to start with?

So, from what I've read so far, that tank has not been created at all, right?

I guess I was mislead by the J10Fueltank.bmp, J10Tank.ini and J10Tank.LOD files inside the weapons folder, that goes with the BETA J-10 model.

OK, I am not going to trouble you further with this. After all J-10 is only a BETA. Looking forward to flying the final mod one day (whenever it gets done).

Best Regards,

Svetlin

Truly sorry, the wing tank takes 1600l of fuel and the ventral one - 800l of fuel

BR, Svetlin

Now y'all did it LOL, you got me interested in this. I realized that I hadn't installed the tanks yet, so I went and did that.

What I found is this. the entries in the inis are correct.

1) One thing to make sure of is that you don't end up with a weapons folder inside of the weapons folder.

2) In the loadout screen (as should be) the tank is in the dropdown menu for the centerline station, and the black dot (indicatiog it is loaded) is on the loadout chart.

3) click fly, wait for the game to load, go external......no center tank.

It seems to me that everything game related is there and it's trying to load the center tank, but the 3D model just isn't working for whatever reason.

I installed the weapons right matched the weaponsini with the editor and now, I have the tnks attachted to the plane but .. they are invisible .. and I`m not able to see dead thing... people maybe.. but tanks... no