J-10 BETA

View File

On behalf of Erwin_Hans and Insky's group;

This is the BETA release of the Chinese fighter called J-10 or, as they call it "Viguorous Dragon"

It requires F-18 avionics 70' s cockpit and latest chinese weapons.

The model has been slightly touched up by me, not in a significant way.

Uses F-18's cockpit and avionics file, althoguh the cockpit itself is not included.

Please read the README file

I gotta say, for a Beta this is a good a/c!

Hott damn, new toyz!! Off to the runway!

cheers :biggrin:

No need for a cockpit, it's a target!

:biggrin:

Sorry, had to go there. Will try it tomorrow, just wish there was a way to force an adversary in singles...

:good:

triplethr3at,

have you changed the Flightengine.INI the way described in the KB? The model is very heavy in poly count, wich results in CTDs and freezes if you are using the stock Flightengine parameters.

If this is not the reason, tell us what happens when you try to fly, so we can encircle the problem.

triplethr3at,

have you changed the Flightengine.INI the way described in the KB? The model is very heavy in poly count, wich results in CTDs and freezes if you are using the stock Flightengine parameters.

If this is not the reason, tell us what happens when you try to fly, so we can encircle the problem.

I don't know about the Flightengine.ini, althoguh mine is modified according to KB

Tell us what happens so that we can recreatr and help.

Anyone else having problem anyway?

Oh I forgot to add in the readme, that, at the moment the central tank, although present as lod, bmp, and weapon data enty, does not appear in game. Insky's people is working on this.

hello

excuse my ignorance but could you post a link for this flightengine tweak or explain what i have to change, never heard about that

thx in advance

hello

excuse my ignorance but could you post a link for this flightengine tweak or explain what i have to change, never heard about that

thx in advance

Here´s the link:

Knowledge Base

thx a lot !!

Please note

Where I wrote "model touched up by me" I meant the data.ini and the loadout.ini, and in a absolutely minimal way.

I don't have any skill to touch up any 3d model

Thanks to Erwin_hans and his Team; hopefully in the future they will upload themselves the finished version.

In the mean while we will enjoy and "touch up" minimally this very nice BETA

muesli: if you are reading this, any chance to ahve that two-tone of grey skin?

Edited by Canadair

Oh yeah, The LAVI at last!!!! J/K :biggrin:

Well, you know the resemblance.

I danced a bit with the INI's, turned it to Israeli instead of chines, Changed the weapons loadout to have it accept Israeli and American weapons and there you go. a LAVI, or what should have been LAVI.

I love it. it flies like a charm.

For a beta it rocks!!!

Thanks.

Amokoflow. I dont have CTDs with the plane it simply doesnt show up as a flyable aircraft on my singlemission page.

I have never said anything... :blush:

Sorry Canadier, like you said, the old one was this way...

BTW, good thing to upload it, like you did. :wink:

Edited by AmokFloo

Hey, Mannie.

You think you could put that Lavi product together and post it?

I'd love to fly it as an ally...

:good:

I ifxed the problem. I changed the file containing the aircraft in the aircraft section of the game from J_10A to J-10A. I had the same problem a while back with the super etendard. The plane works fine. No gliches no problems. It flys fantastic and has quickly turned into one of my favorite birdies to fly. Thanks Amokoflow for ur help and thanks to Insky for creating this beast :good::clapping:

The J-10A Beta comes packed in a few stages. First unzip the main folder, wich contains INIs, LOD file and hangar / loading screen into your aircraft folder. The cockpit and skin folders are seperatly packed into RAR files. Unpack them into your J-10A folder and it should work.

Disregard please; Amokfloo, perhapsyou have the version released earlier in the threads; this version I repacked for ease of install; the zip needs to be extracted ina folder called J-10A; easy as that; only furhter step is copying and pasting in this folder the cockpit folder from Fa-18a, the one that works with avionics 70;