Sign in to follow this  
sparkomatic

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

Well, moving day has finally arrived...and much to my displeasure must leave Okinawa...even though I spent 664 days TDY and endured 2x ORI, 2x UCI, 1x ASEV, 23x ORE, a combat deployment of 9 months, 4x Group Commanders, 4x Wing Commanders, and 5x Squadron Commanders would not have traded this place for anything, except to stay longer.

Managed to encourage capitalism in 17 countries and made many friends along the way. Cant say that it was always fun, but it was most certainly never boring!

Have many more things to say, but then some would construe that as pompous bragging, and that is not cool. Merely wanted to share with my comrades-in-Tron a significant occasion.

May be more absent than usual during the transition, and then may log on everyday as an escape from the reality of boxes and hotel rooms.

Hope this message finds all of you well, and those that have experienced the trials and travails of a PCS (or any move for that matter) please send your kindest prayers as I need all of the help that I can get right now.

Cheers!

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

what?

do you want a new rod?

Edited by Silverbolt

PCS'ing can be stressful, but usually exciting.

As has been said, the best places are the base you are going to, and the one you've just come from!

Milestones, treasure them before you get out and get stuck at some God-forsaken civvy job that sucks more on a daily basis. :blink:

Enjoy!

See you around Sparky....you know where you can find me.

Well at least you AF guys have a few cool locations. Army TDY is not even a little bit cool! :blink:

man i wish i got stationed there. being stuck in New Mexico for my whole ride sucked. good luck with changing bases.

Edited by rovert97

Dad was a career man in the army, so I cant recall how many times we moved, so I can sympathise with ya there.

Seeya around the pub and travel safe,

I moved 11 times when my dad was in. Then 6 in 16 years so far.

Keep safe Sparko and best of British from me. :good:

What do you mean So long? where do you think your going? :biggrin:

I'm sure we will see a lot from you yet Sparko.

Hey, don't be discouraged, you'll make a soft landing wherever you land. :ok:

Fish? I don't eat fish. :biggrin:

Somewhere mostly harmless for sure :yes:

Somewhere mostly harmless for sure :yes:

Have a good safe trip and thanks for your good work in Okinawa. Boundless expectations at your next post and, as we all know, you cannot stay away from here long. Look forward to hearing from you when you're settled in elsewhere.