Sign in to follow this  
eraser_tr

MajorLee terrain tutorial

Is there any way to get the information from the terrain tutorials MajorLee had on his site?

I remember instructions about how to exclude a particular texture from different areas of the map, but can't find any similar instructions anywhere.

What I need to do is have the northern part of a map be in a european/temperate appearance, the middle be a mediterranean/semi-arid and have the south and east be plain desert.

Its not that hard.

Use the exclusion region. Download a map that uses the method. My 6M map with blank development terrain tiles uses it alot, in fact, I used the method doubled up to further restrict tiles beyond where Major Lee's tutorial took it. If you look at mine for your example, focus on Baikal lake tile for example...

First exclusion is set up with initial Baikal tile definition. The numbers are kilometers.

[baikal]

:

:

ExclusionRegion=1

ExcludeMaxX=2900

ExcludeMinX=0

ExcludeMaxY=6000

ExcludeMinY=0

:

:

Second exclusion set up with the specific Baikal__.bmp definitions...

[baikal.bmp]

:

:

ExclusionRegion=1

ExcludeMaxX=6000

ExcludeMinX=0

ExcludeMaxY=6000

ExcludeMinY=2220

:

:

Beware that this map is still in pure X experimental phase, and not at all usable by normal real life people.

Thanks!

It's all text editing then? This is gonna take a while.