Sign in to follow this  
gerald14

MiG-21MA

Ok I am most finished with the MiG-21MA. I just need to fix some bugs and maybe add some skins.

If you have any or find photos of MiG-21MA please post them we can make a skin off of them.

Here are some pics:

The first one is the pic of the cockpit with a new gun sight and

I added a F on the gun sight.

img00014.jpg

Here are skins:

img00013.jpg

img00012.jpg

img00011.jpg

Thanks kukulino for the decal :)

img00010-1.jpg

img00009.jpg

img00008-1.jpg

Please tell me what you think.

I am also working on a MiG-21MA without the gun pod

Hallo Gerald :yes:

Here is little czechoslovak Mig-21MA database:

http://forum.valka.cz/index.php/f/502299

But not all MAs are with photos there. I sent you this link maybe.

The dog looks smaller according photos:

P1010066.jpg

It is bit bigger than that "little doors" under the dog.

Another MA shots with dog:

http://www.abpic.co.uk/photo/1081853/

http://forum.valka.cz/attachments/10659/1112-e2_P7061984.JPG

Numbers on your MA skins are older version. I sent you newer version made from Mig-21F font. But maybe you like this older version. So if you want try those newer nums and you haven't got them, let me know.

On camo Mig skins (those with and without yellow strip on the tail) I miss dark strip on the nose. But I am not sure it was on real plane there. On the other hand this little dark strip was standard on many Mig-21 versions.

Cockpit looks very nice :good:

Skins looks very nice :good:

All MA looks very nice :good:

So... Perfect :biggrin:

Thank you :wink:

Nice work Gerald!

And why it has F on gunsight? Brown camo -nice!

Donno what exactly means that "F" on gunsight. But you can see it here for example:

There were serial numbers painted on gunsights on our Migs too and I saw soviet star somewhere on photo too.

According to this site HERE! Mig-21MA is:

- based on Mig-21R version ("R" was based on PFM version)

- it is original Mig-21M version

- "Znamja Truda" factory specified this version as "Izdelije 96A". In aircrafts documentation were planes specified as "Mig-21M, variant A." Fact is that czechoslovak Mig-21M was called Mig-21MA. And it is still called MA.

- planes were delivered with R-11F2S-300 engines

- there were no cannon deflectors and no periscopes on canopies on MA version

- later were all MAs upgraded on MF standard ---- installed R-13F-300 engine, cannon deflectors, pericopes

- it is hard see differece between upgraded MA and MF versions in external view. But you can see different airbrakes shape. For me the best difference method (for our MAs) are their serial nums.

SFP1 world:

- MA is using stock Mig-21MF 3D model

- cannon deflectors and periscope are not visible on our model, so this represents (together with R-11F2S-300) earlier MA

- our upgraded MA to MF standard looks same like standard stock MF

- serial nums are for MAs of course. Gerald made some new things in avionics and "HUD" and new FM

- new MAs have new skins, as you can see in Geralds screenies

- earlier MA represents standard M version for other users (need some changes in NationName and AttachmentType)

New feature for Mig-21MA in SFP1 world:

- our MA is equiped with aditional installation, which allows carry ECM SM SPS-141 pod, with ASO-2I dispensers. This mean that MA will be much safer in A2G attacks than standard MF model. SM SPS-141 was designed to "jame" Hawk radars.

- not all MAs were eguiped with needed electric installation in Czechoslovak AF. But all our MAs can carry SPS-141 in SFP1/WOE so little advantage for us :biggrin:

- with adiotional eletric installation were equiped some Czechoslovak Mig-21MF series too. So if you want use it on standard MF you need make some ini edits in Mig-21MF_data.ini and loadout.ini

So this is short summary :yes:

Edited by kukulino

I`m so new in this MiG-21 stuff what is different in all those mig`s

Yes, it would be great if somebody made some Mig-21 guide related to versions available for WoV/W etc. Personally I don't distinguish between them too much. Especially in terms of their abilities - what was improved and whether it was modelled in game.

It is possible write good article about Mig-21 versions usable in WOE/V/I world. Just time is needed :yes:

It is possible follow this famous article : http://www.valka.cz/newdesign/v900/clanek_10769.html

and make summary plus WOE etc. notes. This article is about Czechoslovak versions. But internet is full of good informations about Mig-21 service in other nations :yes:

Second part of Radim Špaleks summary talks about Czechoslovak Mig-21 serial numbers. Important info for decal makers.

Edited by kukulino

Yes, it would be great if somebody made some Mig-21 guide related to versions available for WoV/W etc. Personally I don't distinguish between them too much. Especially in terms of their abilities - what was improved and whether it was modelled in game.

The MiG-21-93 is something that you don't want to miss with! :haha:

The MiG-21-93 is something that you don't want to miss with! :haha:

Yes, I'm pretty sure about that. And even romanian Lancer - if it exists for SFP world. It must be fun to shoot Amraam from Mig-21. Atleast for shooter; less for target :tomato:

Btw, one note about your skins here - the marking is wrong. Rule for application of czechoslovak marking on planes is, that blue colour is in direction of flight, red points towards the fuselage while white points out of it. I don't know how is marking applied in this game, but is very common mistake.

Anyway, I'm happy to see that cammo skin - it reminds me one plastic kit of cz. Mig-21 I tried to make. Unfortunatelly it had some minor accidents when it was 95% finished; so it never became operational :biggrin:

Ano, je to pomerne častá chyba. Tie znaky ešte nie sú potrebne štandardizované. Stále sa učíme. S Blackratom sme spravili dva druhy insígnií. Ale časom sa prišlo na to, že stačí len jedna, aby boli farby OK. Všetko sa to dá spraviť v Decals.ini Proste tam potrebne otočíš znak cez Rotation=XXX, a ak treba, pukneš tam že Reverse=True. Geraldovi som poslal ešte tú "dvojznakovú" verziu. ALe zrejme ten jeden znak vypustil a vznikol problém. Každopádne nemám najnovšiu testovaciu verziu MA, takže neviem posúdiť čo sa presne stalo.

Ale fajn, že si si to všimol :yes: To by bol prúser, keby to šlo von takto. Ale na druhú stranu by sme to vedeli len my :haha: . Tak by sa tam musel dať maličký update, ktorý by pozostával so spomínaného Reverse=True :rolleyes:

Zaujimave je, ze tentoraz su znaky chybne na oboch kridlach - aspon u tej kamuflazovej verzie. Obvykle byva jeden znak spravne, zatial co druhy je chybne, pretoze je jeho kopiou a nie zrkadlovym obrazom.

Na kormidle je dobre.

Ono je tam vždy priestor, kde spraviť chybu. Buď použiješ dva druhy znakov a urobíš chybu v ini súbore, alebo použiješ jeden druh znaku, ale neupravíš si ini súbor, ktorý bol nakonfigurovaný pre dva typy. Alebo... Alebo... Alebo... Ale na to sa dá v pohode prísť, kde je chyba :yes:

Ono keď sa človek zameria na nejaké veci, často mu iné uniknú :dntknw: MA spravia československou mašinou odlišné druhy ini súborov, nie Decals.ini V decals.ini proste načapéš na mašinu čokoľvek, ale že je to československý skin zadáš v Textureset.ini a že je mašina československá zadáš v napr. Mig-21MF_DATA.ini

Decals.ini spraví mašinu československou vizuálne. Ale môžeš tam mať aj naše znaky lenže mašina môže byť kľudne americká (ak je to zadefinované v Aircraft_DATA.ini, prípadne textureset.ini) :yes:

Edited by kukulino

Ono je tam vždy priestor, kde spraviť chybu. Buď použiješ dva druhy znakov a urobíš chybu v ini súbore, alebo použiješ jeden druh znaku, ale neupravíš si ini súbor, ktorý bol nakonfigurovaný pre dva typy. Alebo... Alebo... Alebo... Ale na to sa dá v pohode prísť, kde je chyba :yes:

Ono keď sa človek zameria na nejaké veci, často mu iné uniknú :dntknw: MA spravia československou mašinou odlišné druhy ini súborov, nie Decals.ini V decals.ini proste načapéš na mašinu čokoľvek, ale že je to československý skin zadáš v Textureset.ini a že je mašina československá zadáš v napr. Mig-21MF_DATA.ini

Decals.ini spraví mašinu československou vizuálne. Ale môžeš tam mať aj naše znaky lenže mašina môže byť kľudne americká (ak je to zadefinované v Aircraft_DATA.ini, prípadne textureset.ini) :yes:

:blink::blink::blink:

OK, ked niekedy urobim jedneho Suchoja, tak tie dekaly a vyrobne cisla budem s tebou konzultovat. Lebo toto som nepochopil a keby aj, tak to dovtedy zabudnem (skoda sa snazit). :biggrin:

Jaj, no som to napisal komplikovane, preto je v tom gulas. V princípe nejde o nič ťažké. Proste spravíš znak, a cez decals.ini ho umiestniš na mašinu. Hotovo.

Tie spomínané dva druhy znakov, to bol proste začiatok, ako sme riešili správne farby na znakoch. V skutočnosti Ti stačí jeden znak a decals.ini

Potom spravíš 16 čísel (minimum pre korektné zobrazenie na mašinách v kampani) a cez decals.ini ich pukneš na mašinu. Vytvoriš súborík .LST a v ňom napíšeš čísla po poradí. To Ti umožní vyberať v loadout menu čísla pre jednotlivé mašiny. A hotovo. Prípadne nejaké "plukovné" znaky, ktoré pacneš na mašinu opäť cet decals.ini

Takže čo znak/číslo/plukovný znak, to nejaká lajna v decals.ini

Ak budeš chcieť pichnúť so znakmi atď., nemá problema. Ozvi sa :biggrin:

Edited by kukulino

Hallo Red Dragon :yes:

You can not download this plane for this time. It is WIP (Work In Progress). So it is not finished and can not be uploaded for this time.

Yes, of course. All Mig-21s from F to Bis had RWR. Previous Mig versions had RWR too.

By the way, does MiG-21 have RWR?

Btw., look at the photos of the cockpit of the airplanes (real photos - ingame models may be incorrect) - soviet/russian RWR displays contain Mig-21-like silhouette. I don't know about capabilities of these systems in Mig-21's, but on photos of cockpits of czechoslovak Mig's there were these systems.

I`m so new in this MiG-21 stuff what is different in all those mig`s

Vigilants partial guide to MiG-21 variants:

MiG-21F:

Initial production version. Armed with 2 x NS-30 30mm cannons with 60 rounds/gun (Mirage Factory version has only 30 rounds per gun. I don't know why all, information i have found say 60). I was a clear weather day point defence interceptor, but strangely did not have appropriate radar. It only has a small ranging unit for gun aiming. It was quickly replaced with F-13 version. Only small number build.

MiG-21F-13:

Improved version of F. One was NR-30 removed and ammo capacity reduced to 30 rounds. It was the first version armed with guided missiles - IR guided R-3S.

MiG-21PF:

All weather interceptor fitted with RP-21 Saphire radar. Heavier weight somewhat compensated by bit more powerful engine. As a product of "dogfights are obsolete" design philosophy it was armed only with two missiles (R-3S of RS-2US). Principal weakness was very high landing speed.

MiG-21PF-V:

Tropicanized version of PF for service in Vietnam.

MiG-21PFM:

This version aimed on solving most PF's problems. Low speed handling was improved by blown flaps (stream of air taken from engine compressor is directed on landing flaps lovering landing speed.) Braking parachute is relocated. Once again a bit more powerfull engine. Almost all other systems were same as on PF. Late production aircraft had better ejection seat. In WoX series PFM has a GP-9 gunpod on centerline hardpoint. In reality only some aircraft had the necessary wiring and reduced range due to the missing droptank was not popular.

MiG-21R:

Tactical recon version with increased fuel capacity in heigtened fuselage spine. Fuel capacity was also inceased by adding two wing hardpoints for fuel tanks. Saphire radar instalation was fully retained and R could be used as an interceptor. Centerline hardpoint was used for recce pod (day photo, night photo, elint and ecm version). It had 2x32 chaff dispersers (Not moded in game i think).

MiG-21M(A):

Version halfway between R and MF. More or less an R with fully wired outer wing hardpoints and GSh-23 cannon. see Kukulinos post.

MiG-21MF:

Differences from M/R series were: More powerfull engine, canopy periscope, gunblast deflector, ejection seat. In game MF carries R-60M missiles, this was in reality probably not possible.

MiG-21MF "Gray":

Last MFs delivered to Czechoslovakia were somewhat different from "standart" version. These aircraft delivered in blue-gray camo (thus their nickname) had some Bis version features - rearanged cockpit and newer radios. Fuel system was also different.

MiG-21MFN:

10 MFs modified with NATO compatible radios, iff beacon and new radio altimeter for Czech airforce in 1999-2000. R-60M missile integrated.

this can contain some errors as I am writing it from top of my head.