Sign in to follow this  
Typhoid

Download Managers

Dumb question but does anyone a good recommendation for a safe Download Manager?

I have an intermittent wireless connection sometimes and downloads tend to get interupted sometimes.

I sometimes get a error message concerning my DL manager when closing windows. I have no idea why this happens but I too need a better one.

Site rippers aka download managers are the dirty underbelly of the internet ... but the good news is we'll be adding partial file download resume to the site on the next software upgrade. From the looks of it we'll be able to select member groups who have access to it as it's a rather intensive addition. We'll keep you posted.

Erik

Site rippers aka download managers are the dirty underbelly of the internet ... but the good news is we'll be adding partial file download resume to the site on the next software upgrade. From the looks of it we'll be able to select member groups who have access to it as it's a rather intensive addition. We'll keep you posted.

Erik

that sounds like it will do the trick!

:good:

in "two weeks"?

:biggrin:

i use FDM

http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/

try it, it's pretty good

I looked at that one. It makes a bit nervous though. I am getting paranoid about what I load up on my computer that goes out to the internet.......

i agree you should, but if you backup your stuff from time to time

then you shouldn't be too much paranoid... :)

Been using Flashget for years... :good:

I'm D/Ling FDM now, I'll see what its like. :good:

Thanks Nesher.

I highly recommend Orbit downloader, it's pretty fast, clean (to my knowledge) and it allows you to grab internet videos from streaming sites.

Thanks for all the tips, gents!

I'll check those out.

Nesher, based on your recommendation I will take another look at that one. And all the others too.

(of course, for an old Cold War Warrior like me to take the recommendation of "Soviet Commissar from the Ukranian Air Force......)

:biggrin:

:wink:

Thanks again all.

glad to help, my brother gave me this program.. so i wouldn't be worried

i pretty sure is more paranoid than you Typhoid :P

Paranoid? Hehe... Try a mix of Firefox 3 [+ NoScript (blocks javascript and flash unless I allow them) + AdBlock Plus (kills banners stone dead)] and COMODO personal firewall [FREE! monitors every sneeze from network access to one application trying to create a .dll file on HD]. After a week of having to confirm all types of actions for new applications you'll beg for something simpler :wink: