Sign in to follow this  
racinglad

Gamers Tool Skin Pack

I have to tell you that I´m falling in love with Falcon AF.

And I want to install a couple of skins to enhace the game as well as other features like weapons and sounds.

Can any one tell me of a good "how-to" webpage to get me started?

Saludos.

P.S. I have no idea how to use that Skin Installer thingy.

Edited by racinglad

Where are you getting stuck exactly? it does come with instructions - I dont know of any tutorials myself - although you could try searching threads at frugals to see if anyone else has asked similar questions.

Well, for example with the sound files, it comes with an .ini file atached. So where should I put that .ini file and so forth.

Same thing with the skins, where exactly should I install them on game directory.

Thanks.

Well for sounds go to <drive>:\...\falcon4AF\sounds

Look in there or the subfolders for any sounds (wav files) with the same names you have downloaded. One you find them rename them to nameofFile_old.wav then paste in the new ones you have - (this is so you dont overwrite the old ones.)

Not sure why it has an ini - suspect its for a mod pack installer - you can paste the contents in here

You cant just drop skins into a game directory like with 3rd Wire sims - the only way to install them in AF is to use the skin pack installer or lodEditor

As before download a skin from gamers tools - which should be .skn format - but if its not it will be a zip file (which includes various bmp and ini files) - so put it in a folder called "Falcon skins" or something - then rename it from skin.zip to skin.skn then browse to "Falcon Skins" with the skin pack installer (which only recognises .skn files).

ie \falcon_Skins\tornadoskin.skn

I dont advise you use LODEditor till you can grasp using the skin installer

Well for sounds go to <drive>:\...\falcon4AF\sounds

Look in there or the subfolders for any sounds (wav files) with the same names you have downloaded. One you find them rename them to nameofFile_old.wav then paste in the new ones you have - (this is so you dont overwrite the old ones.)

Not sure why it has an ini - suspect its for a mod pack installer - you can paste the contents in here

You cant just drop skins into a game directory like with 3rd Wire sims - the only way to install them in AF is to use the skin pack installer or lodEditor

As before download a skin from gamers tools - which should be .skn format - but if its not it will be a zip file (which includes various bmp and ini files) - so put it in a folder called "Falcon skins" or something - then rename it from skin.zip to skin.skn then browse to "Falcon Skins" with the skin pack installer (which only recognises .skn files).

ie \falcon_Skins\tornadoskin.skn

I dont advise you use LODEditor till you can grasp using the skin installer

Alrighty then; let´s give it a try...