Sign in to follow this  
pablo10692

May be a stupid question

When i'm playing a Snowy terrain, the game's AI make aircrafts and other objects with snowy camo, if it exist, use that camo?

Everybody understood? :biggrin:

Unfortunately, no. They'll use whatever the default camo is for that aircraft.

:cray:

Ok, thank for the aswer... That's a thing that would be really cool if the TW put in game.

:cray:

Ok, thank for the aswer... That's a thing that would be really cool if the TW put in game.

For ground objects, too. Green vehicles look quite out of place in the desert, and visa versa.

For ground objects, too. Green vehicles look quite out of place in the desert,

Just like the Canadian Forces in the Middle East!

It ain't easy being green, especially in the desert.

Just like the Canadian Forces in the Middle East!

It ain't easy being green, especially in the desert.

Thats why the forces came up with CADPAT (AR) for that very reason! :rolleyes: It only took awhile to figure that one.....

If you make the snow camo the first textureset in the list in the plane's .ini file then the game should pick that one as the default.

If you make the snow camo the first textureset in the list in the plane's .ini file then the game should pick that one as the default.

Of course, they'll be using that texture file for the other, non snowy, maps. So, if you're looking to have aircraft and ground objects to have camo skins that truely represent the environment that they're in, then you need to setup multiple installs of the game that are specific for that map only. Personally, for me, I don't care what camo they'll be in as long as I can shoot them down and blow 'em up. However, what I do is setup multilple folders of the same aircraft, but each folder has a different starting skin. Actually, they only have one skin. The cool thing in doing this with WOI is that you get to see a lot more of the same aircraft parked on the flight line, but with different skins. I had one single mission where I had one Maxwell AFB C-130 parked nearby three Isralie C-130.

Edited by serverandenforcer