Sign in to follow this  
MadJeff

Lomac Demo Discussion Thread

Just finished DLing the file from BitTorrent and am leaving BT up all weekend, I suggest everyone else do the same.

So, what are everyone's thoughts on the demo? I would like to here what people have to say now that they can see it for themselves. B)

WHen I click on the "Fly" button below the A-10 the demo quits. I did the DL from that bittorrent place and no luck. I get scenery when I try the Mig-29, but no aircraft. THe only thing that appears to be working is the "Options" menu navigation. I waited this long for THIS?!?

Does anybody have a clue why the installer shuts down itself after the self-extracting? :angry:

HOLY s**t! I"M DLING NOW!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG :D :D :D :D :D

Some people seems to have those problems but for most of all it works.

Some said that set the graphic on a little bit lower settings put the cockpit back, but anyway I recomend to use the latest driver for you card.

About the installer dont install, dunno why it happens, It happen to some guys but not many.

The only thing I dont like about the demo is that I can assign my brake axis on my pedals to brake in the game (wheelbrake) and that there is no way to have left and right wheelbrakes on diffrent buttons :(

Man I hope i can run it with my Tbird 900 :D, 128mb 8500 le, 384mb pc 100 sdram

Do you guys think there's any hope?

-Mike

Man I hope i can run it with my Tbird 900 , 128mb 8500 le, 384mb pc 100 sdram

Do you guys think there's any hope?

I'm running the LOMAC demo on a P3 850, 32MB GF2MX, 896MB's RAM, low detail settings, 1024x768 res. It actually runs really well, no sh!t. :o Only problem I have is when I fire rockets it stutters a little, I think this might be sound related though.

You should be ok mate, give it a try.

So far, I have only been able to fly twice out of 10+ starts. Once I press the fly button, the screen goes black, then the game crashes to desktop. Then I have to restart the computer to get it to perform properly. Of the two times the game started, I had no sky textures and a very poor framerate with the Mig-29 once. this with settings on high first, then low the second time with the A-10.

Im running a P3 1ghz machine with 512 mb RAM and a readeon 8500 w/64mb video card and WinME. My video drivers are Cat3.2, not the lastest release, as the latest cat drivers are not running properly. Anyone else with a Radeon experiancing these problems? What kind of card have you got growler?

I'm running an AMD K7 Athalon 1200 1Gig CPU, 512 SDRAM, Saitek X36, Xabre Video card with 64 on board RAM (replaced a similar perfoming VooDoo 3500). Settings are set as low as they can go and graffics go Tango Uniform about 15 seconds into the action with the A-10, frame rates are sucky at best with the Mig-29.

Building a newr updated Computer within the next couple of weeks (been planning it for a while, this just turned up the flame a bit). Going to an Intel 2Gig CPU, with at least 512 DDR RAM, keeping the Saitek X36, probably an ATI Radeon 9700 or 9800 pro with 128 (256 if I find a deal). Oh yeah, doesnt make a difference right away, but I got my cable modem up and running earlier this week. No more sucky dial up!!!

I played it most of the day. I'm at work now, lol, my patients are sleeping comfortably, shhh, don't wake them. It was pretty smooth overall even with everything maxed out, 4x AA, 4x Aniso. I did turn off the engine heat blur thing ( I hate it). The flight models and 3D models are what I expected, the terrain is disappointing, not much of an improvement over Flanker 2.51.

XP Pro

XP 2800+

ASUS A7N8X Deluxe

1.5 GB PC2700 DDR

9700 Pro Cat 3.7's

Audigy

well i love it

I have a p3 733

384 megs ram

gf4mx440 64meg ram

windows 98se

and i have all options on low and the demo on *cougheasycough* and only get slight hiccups now and again but nothing really to complain about although only flown the hog and havent tried the mig yet. :P

all i did was download from checksix website instal, start demo lower graphics settings then fly and had no hassles nothing

admittedly dont get fancy graphics but its still pretty flash to me :ph34r:

B) B) B)

kiwi

PS love what they have done to the forums its way cool B)

Well I finnally played it, and it runs great on Low-Medium detail. Man this game is awesome, played it for 4 hours straight last night :)

Ugh, this game seems to have some problems.

With an Athlon 2000, 256mb ram, Ge Force 4, it's stuttering all over the place. I have to wait 5 seconds just to fire a missile.

I'm not sure why. Someone said maybe it's sound related. *shrug* runs like a dog sadly.

Windows XP is the OS.

The game itself seems ok but its unplayable with the constant hanging. My plane is diving for the ground before I get control again.

Hi There,

This is my opinion!!

I just do some flight with the A-10 (Mig did´nt work).

My Computer, AMD 1800, 1GB-Ram, G-Force 4 did´nt really have fun with this game. Maybe its just a beta release but I could´nt see anything that was new.

Some editors of flightsims seem to prefer action, others prefer graphics but I did´nt find one that really put both togehter and when they tried to combine both the sim went slow. Result is that you have to reduce graphics to fly comfortable.

I prefer action.

In the default setting that young lady behind me tell thing like miiiinimuuum speeeeed made me that sick that I finally turned of the thing.

So my personal feeling is to bring existing open sourced sims forward instead of been annoied with another not ready game and shouting after two more months of missing Patch1.

It cost me at least two hours of my holy sunday to get this thing running and there must happen alot to get me buying this.

Striker01

Hmmm, I have been trying various remedies and settings to see what I can improve. I discovered that with the bit torrent client uninstalled, the game now loads...go figure. Must be something with my machine.

I am still getting a very low framerate even with settings on low, not sure why. Ive tried several different settings with the radeon card including turning all AA trueform off.

I am also having a lousy time with the control of the plane. I try to adjust the stick in game on the options screen. The stick, a logitech FF, is listed there, along with the keyboard and mouse. The adjustments I make dont stick however. I noticed that when I close out of the options page, then go back into it, all the settings I made have reverted back to default. A possible bug?

I had the same problem with the installer. I had the file on my J: partition. But when it extracts it puts the files somewhere in a temp directory. But after that it tried to start the setup.exe wich it found on my J: partition. That was from another program so I got the wrong installer :lol: .

What did I do? I opened the lo_mac file with WinRAR and I extraced the files myself. After that I was able to start the setup as it was meant to be :P. Now it runs ok, no problems except that the missions are very difficult. Well atleast for me, someone who never played flightsims :P

Btw, does anyone have a X45 profile?

Overall the demo is awesome but there's a few things that are buggin me. One, the rudder control is very rough, unrealisticly so, two, it seems like the self shading on the aircrafts is missing, three, it seems as though when an aircraft gets hit by a missle it never blows the plane up, just takes chunks outa the plane, is this realistic ?

Action over praphics is working well for me...although even with graphics on low everything still looks pretty decent! I could use rocket and missle smoke, but that would just drop my FPS down. ;)

I'm running below suggested rig...and it's working surprisingly well.

P3 500

256MB RAM

98SE

GF4 MX420 (1024x768x32)

SB Live! X-Gamer

Sidewinder Precision Pro

My A-10 has a small stability problem down low...I could use some roll trim. The Mig-29 is a blast for all of 30 seconds before the Mirage takes me out. :unsure::lol:

All in all though I'm having a lot of fun and still learning. :)

F***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE A MID-TERM TOMMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I can give the demo a go for a little bit.... just a little bit, and then I'll study :unsure:

EDIT: I'm only getting like 15kbs dl with bit torrent... is this the norm?

Well, theres my problem...

What works:

Water textures, sounds, flying, menus most everything not in the next category

What doesn't:

Cockpit (black except for the HUD and a few other instruments), plane textures (all black, with blue afterburners) land textures.

Hey MadJeff, is that picture uploading thing on these news boards? If so, where?

Oh yeah another thing I played with the graphics set on high and the ocean did not look like the pics i've seen with the great detail... and the blur didn't work their either..

And when I laucnh my chaffs and flares all I get are black flares is it supposed to be like that...

stutter real bad to

xp

512 ram

1.6 ghz p4

Geforce 2 mx/mx 400

set on medium i get alot of stutter when I launch rockets

Oh yeah another thing I played with the graphics set on high and the ocean did not look like the pics i've seen with the great detail... and the blur didn't work their either..

And when I laucnh my chaffs and flares all I get are black flares is it supposed to be like that...

stutter real bad to

xp

512 ram

1.6 ghz p4

Geforce 2 mx/mx 400

set on medium i get alot of stutter when I launch rockets

No offense there bud, but that puny Gforce2 MX 400 just ain't gonna cut it, that's a pretty weak card for everything going on in LOMAC... <_<

Is that the reason why my flares are black and i don't get any awesome graphics for the water and no heat blur???????????????????