Sign in to follow this  
MadJeff

Lomac Demo Discussion Thread

Ok Mad Jeff Mr Mudd or anybody else I just went and bought a Nvidia 5200 128mb Video card and I get 21 fps on low detail over land in the Mig... I get about 15 to 17 fps in the A-10 demo did I just waste 100 dollars for a video card that i can't get decent fps on this game?

At ubi minimum is a 32mb video card, 128 mb recommended..

512 ram

1.6 ghz

5200 nividia 128mb video card

Do I need to go buy a 256 card?

If I did would I be getting more fps with that card?

You might need to upgrade your DirectX and your video card drivers. Normally, new drivers can add some fps. Also, it is definately a combination of different changes that give you the best fps, not just setting it to 'Low'.

Just to give you an idea, my brand new Alienware PC can bog down over major cities and during heavy action, even on 'Medium' and 'Low'.

Well, I'm shocked!!!!! This demo works better than Strike fighters did when I first bought it for $40. I thought my system would blow elephant chunks but I'm pleasantly surprised. I have almost everything on medium, a couple on high, and I'm getting decent framerates. A little stutter when I launch rockets, but not bad overall. Here's the specs:

XP

384 MB Ram

40 Gig hard disk

Geforce2 mx 400/200 32 MB

Celeron 1.03 GHZ

1 dumb computer geek

Keep in mind that this is a demo and isn't completely optimized and you may want to check around and see what everyone else is using and how they're framerates are with their setup and hardware. I had no problems installing the game, but I'm running on medium/low graphic settings at 800x600 32bit, FSAA2x, AF2x. It looks and runs alright until the hud gets cluttered with effects and then I get a little stutter. I'm very happy with the demo so far though, but I'm definitely upgrading for the final release. I can get the "gooey graphics" when I set it on "high", but it's unplayable at that frame rate, but nice for screenshots. :)

Athlon 1.2

256MB PC133

SB Live Value

G4 Ti4200 64MB

**Intel is dropping CPU Prices in the last part of October, so you may want to plan your upgrades around that time.

Everybody trying out the mods??? I just DL'd them all (or the 20 that I could find), but I cant test em till sunday night.... boo hoo.

take out the shilka's and take ur time hunting the tanks :D

post-6-1065178245_thumb.jpg

Well, I'm not impressed at all. Just to make sure i DL'ed it twice to make sure it was Ok.

Realizing its only a demo and things could be fixed but this is not a good sales tool.

Turned me off completely.

Suggest they lower the cockpit, the mig filled up 3/4 of the screen, or create a view with just a gunsight..

That womans voice is going to be a very quick nerve-racking thing, suggestion = lose it, or enable a turn it off switch.

The planes were mostly uncontrollable for me - saitek cyborg 3d rumble stick.

During the mig flight, i saw the target as it passed in front of me but couldnt find it again (it showed in external view but just couldnt find it from cockpit view.

The full game may be ok but i'm not buying until i see what comments others have about it.

my sys:

Motherboard: Wasp Motherboard

Processor: 3.0GHZ 800MHz FSB P4 NORTHWOOD HYPER THREADING PROCESSOR

Memory: 1024MB Memory Module

Upgrade Hard Drive: 160GB SATA Hard Drive

Upgrade Monitor: 18 LCD Flat Panel Display Analog/Digital (18.1 viewable)

Video Card: 128MB NVIDIA GEFORCE4 TI4200 Graphics Card Drivers

Combination Drive: DVD-RAM/-R/-RW/CDRW Recorder

TDK CD-RW: 52/24/48

Sound Card: SB Audigy (Twister) Sound Card w/IEEE 1394

Speakers: Boston Acoustics BA7900 5.1 Speakers (5 + Boombox)

Keyboard: Multifunction PS2 Keyboard

Mouse: Logitec USB Optical Mouse

Floppy Drive: Panasonic 3.5 Floppy ID Drive

Zip Drive

savagkc

Hunting the tanks where did you find the tanks at and how did you get a two man team?

Another question is HyperLobby going to be used to play this game online?

Why is it when taken wing damage by the Shilka, I'm bled of ALL fuel within seconds? Aren't the wing tanks self sealing? How about a more realistic rate of leakage, 10 seconds til tanks dry BLOWS! Or is it just me?

yeah that sux, i guess they haven't worked on that - and the other thing -with that little fuel - it would b in the main body of the aircraft because the fuel is taken from the wings frist, so that the time the hog is on station its all kept within the body of the aircraft..

i don't usually get hit by the shilka much now :) its damn hard when theres 3 of them in the area tho'