Sign in to follow this  
Jimbib

What Did You See Today?

If you saw something interesting today post away.

Today I went to Bournemouth beach for the day, got a bonus of a Red Arrows display and close fly-by, also saw a SAR SeaKing from RNAS Culdrose go very low over my head along the coastline. Lastly got treated to a Hawker Hunter doing a nice fast flyby along the beach and then coming back in opposite direction a few minutes later.

What you got?

I had sushi last night so in the morning I was greated with a "toilet anomoly" :fie: I didn't take any pics though.

I had sushi last night so in the morning I was greated with a "toilet anomoly" :fie: I didn't take any pics though.

:rofl::biggrin:

I walked down the street with a couple bags of rice and bird seed and

got mobbed by several squadrons of pigeons.

Guest USNadpc

Presidential Helo flew over my Apt. the other day while I was on my balcony. Used to be in 3's but now I only see a single helo most of the time, sometimes 2. Usually enroute between Camp David and The White House. Also, watched the A/c flying into National Airport coming down the river visual approach (only get a quick glimpse of them before thay disappear behind the Apt. building at 15th and N). And on the way home from work last night the MPDC helo was flying with it's searchlight on over 17th and Q Streets NW.

Orange Chicken xtra spicy and 8 chicken Wontons with mustard. That red sweet sauce they always give with the wontons sucks, try mustard it's better.

That white cat is missing a light sabre.

USNadpc

On the drive in to the airport this morning (0330), I saw a ton of lightning, cloud-cloud, cloud-ground, all around. I got in and mad sure the guys were dropping fuel loads or fueling yet....

I'll be honest...I saw nothing except the back of my eyelids til early afternoon. Sunday is my lazy lazy day when I can get away with it.

When I did finally emerge into daylight I was treated to the sight of a guy in a microlight passing over my house very low about a couple of hundred feet. He disappeared in the direction of the Humber Bridge...hope he didn't hit it. :shok:

I'll be honest...I saw nothing except the back of my eyelids til early afternoon. Sunday is my lazy lazy day when I can get away with it.

When I did finally emerge into daylight I was treated to the sight of a guy in a microlight passing over my house very low about a couple of hundred feet. He disappeared in the direction of the Humber Bridge...hope he didn't hit it. :shok:

That was Column5 taking pics. :wink:

I had to wipe one of my 4 year olds butt today and it looked like.....like....well it looked like eraser_tr...

:biggrin:

I went fishing up on the river I live next to in Idaho.I saw a young bald headed eagle harassing to ducks that were swimming in the middle of the river,then about a hour later I saw a seven point royal bull elk cross the river.

I had to wipe one of my 4 year olds butt today and it looked like.....like....well it looked like eraser_tr...

:biggrin:

How would you know what I look like?

......oh yeah, that cspan class vid! Well I do look like **** on camera :wink:

have you ever seen a person chug 2 litres of coke and then go on a trampoline? I hadn't untill today. Talk about gas crisis.

Hmm, I saw 2 F-16CGs and a pair of F-16CJs over Iraq this morning at FL260. Yesterday was just an AWACS.

Storm

What did I see? I saw me racing my buddy hard at Nelson Ledges Raceway near Youngstown Ohio. He thought I'd let up as we went into turn 1 (5 laps in) but I didn't...and maybe I should have. I saw my two left wheels go off track in the wet grass, me trying to keep the car straight so I wouldn't lose it while easing back onto the track, then the backend kicking out when it hit the pavement shooting me across the track towards tire barriers (more like piles of tires). I saw black, then blue (sky), then black again as I ramped onto the piles of tires and barrel rolled the car 360 and ended up back on my wheels.

Kind of looked like this that happend a couple months ago to somebody else, but at the first corner...and I didn't scream like a girl (because the $1000 Neon I was driving wasn't a $100,000 Viper this guys was driving...lol). In fact I never made a sound. ;)

Saturday went to a pub close to Aviano AFB cause fiends of mine did a concert for american G.I.'s and to promote their new album-2 liters of red bull-vodka-then spoke with the police to help another friend cause he forgot the car in front of a house gate since 5 o'clock in the afternoon-(were 2 A.M.!)than I didn't sleep like the rest of the week (almost 4 hours per night) and went modding and playing WoV,WoE and Lomac!

At 8 i went running with my dog then modding and playing,yesterday eve went out with friends and have some fish to eat!(and 2 liter of wine of course!)Today I'm a little tired! :shok:

I was walking in the mall when I saw a bright flash...then I lost my balance and smelled iron for a bit(like when one gets a serious head-knocking). I dont think its TOO serious... :dntknw:

EDIT: forgot to mention that afer that I saw the DARK NIGHT which was AWESOME

Edited by i90807065

There is an F-4E from Tyndall AFB on the flight line here at Wright Patterson today.

this was a while ago, but in vegas i once saw 2 f/a-18 at the Las Vegas airport. not Nellis afb but the airport outside the strip

Its all Gone Pete Tong...

Nothing happening here today...no rocket launches, shuttle launches, or shuttle landings! Also our runway has been closed since Thanksgiving for refurb, so there hasn't been any neat visitors. We usually get the whole gamut here. They reopened it last week for one flight...and promptly closed it again as the first plane to take off tore up the runway!!! :fool:

Saw a Hawker Hunter doing aerobatics over Bicester airfield on Saturday night, It's just around the corner from where I live.

My house often gets buzzed by gliders and they had a Spit in there a month or so ago.

My Brother says he saw a Vickers Vimy fly over at the weekend. I think he may have had too much sun, we're not use to it in the UK!

Also had an RAF Hawk fly over my workshop today, quite high but it was moving pretty quick and considering how high it was it was surprisingly noisy.

I see quite a lot of planes at work, Very near Kidlington airport, lots of Biz jets and Eurocopter have a base there. Quite often see a Hurricane there doing circuits.

Before the RAF got their C17's I would sometimes see an An-124 on approach to Brize Norton, They must have used quite a long approach as we are 15 miles from there.

Today, I saw gas for $3.75 a gallon. So I filled up.

Today, I saw gas for $3.75 a gallon. So I filled up.

:shok:

I got a perfect score on a test I was sure I bombed because the professor couldn't read my handwriting, but the little she translated looked right :good:

Guest 531_Ghost

Saw a few Yankees and a Zulu flying the pattern today.