Hello again!

I have a question.

Its about the different variants of the SU-27.

I love the SU-33 update by fastcargo

the canards are a very cool touch!

But cna other variants be made?

SU-35

etc etc

what i mean is how do you make seperate Sukhois in the

Aircraft objects folder?

Hello again!

I have a question.

Its about the different variants of the SU-27.

I love the SU-33 update by fastcargo

the canards are a very cool touch!

But cna other variants be made?

SU-35

etc etc

what i mean is how do you make seperate Sukhois in the

Aircraft objects folder?

Absolutely! Copy your existing folder (ie Su-33) and rename it to whatever you want (ie Su-35). Now your new Su-35 folder will be identical to the Su-33 you've copied it from. Make sure you rename the Su-33.ini to Su-35.ini otherwise it will not show in the aircraft list in-game.

I'll give you instructions shortly, but I'm at work at the moment and the instructions are a little tricky and will require the use of a hex editor. If you haven't used one before, never fear, what you'll be using it for will be VERY straight forward.

I have noticed one thing about copying and renaming aircraft though. I have about 4 different variants of the Su-27 family with canards in my install, and in after action reports, it displays the file name, not the aircraft name. For example, one of my Su-35s uses the filename "Su-26". In the AAR you'll see "1 Su-26 was damaged" instead of "1 Su-35M was damaged."

Ok i tried it

but it still don't show up.

I copied the su-33

and named it SU-35

but it won't show up.

do i have to change (everything)????

all the inis?

Absolutely! Copy your existing folder (ie Su-33) and rename it to whatever you want (ie Su-35). Now your new Su-35 folder will be identical to the Su-33 you've copied it from. Make sure you rename the Su-33.ini to Su-35.ini otherwise it will not show in the aircraft list in-game.

I'll give you instructions shortly, but I'm at work at the moment and the instructions are a little tricky and will require the use of a hex editor. If you haven't used one before, never fear, what you'll be using it for will be VERY straight forward.

I have noticed one thing about copying and renaming aircraft though. I have about 4 different variants of the Su-27 family with canards in my install, and in after action reports, it displays the file name, not the aircraft name. For example, one of my Su-35s uses the filename "Su-26". In the AAR you'll see "1 Su-26 was damaged" instead of "1 Su-35M was damaged."

Ok i was able to get it to work.

but now i have a question about the canards.

i have the Su27canards already for the Su-33

i was wondering because i tried it already can

i copy them and then rename the canards Su-35

but be a different skin color.

or

does it have to stay the same color as the Su-33s

canards?

on another note what those gender ratio mean in the Nations ini

...cani copy them and then rename the canards Su-35

but be a different skin color.

or

does it have to stay the same color as the Su-33s

canards?

If you follow the Fast Cargo's method in the canards installation pack (like you did in order to add the canards in the first place) you can pretty much add it to a Flanker, rename it and have different versions. Try this:

Step 1. Copy the plane and add whatever skin you like and rename it (just like you have so far.) When you fly this plane, you should notice it uses the canards from the first plane you copied.

Step 2. There should be three or four files you have to add to the OBJECTS/AIRCRAFT folder. Off the top of my head I believe they are Su27Pylons, Su27Canards, Su27Canards.lod, Su27Canards.out. I'm not too sure on the names as I don't have access to the files at the moment. Rename the files you added to the OBJECTS/AIRCRAFT folder to whatever you like.

HOWEVER!!!!

You have to use exactly the same number of digits in the file name (11). Eg. Renaming it to Su35Canards, Su31Canards etc will be fine as they both use 11 digits. Renaming it to Su35BMCanards won’t work as adding the ‘BM’ increases the filename to 13 digits.

Step 3. Here’s the sorta tricky part. Your plane and your canards share the same name (Su-33/35/37/whatever) but it won’t work in game just yet. You’ll need to download a hex editor (I used this one: http://www.softcircuits.com/cygnus/) and open the canards.lod with it. Once in, cycle down the list until you come across any entries for Su27Canards. I think there were two. Rename them to your new name (Su33/35/37whatever), save and exit.

Fingers crossed! :smile:

I’m pretty sure it should work from there. To be sure, check your aircraft’s data.ini for any active references of Su27Canards and rename them accordingly. I thought FastCargo said that they were all edited out, but just check to be sure. I’ll write up a clear, concise step by step guide from the knowledge base real soon, but I’ll edit this as it could be clearer, but I'm at work at the moment.

If anyone notices something I've missed, feel free to point it out and I'll edit it in.

Lemme know how you go Koushiro!

Su-27SM/Su-27SMK is a good idea....

Su-27SM (Flanker-B Mod. 1): Upgraded Russian Su-27S, featuring technology evaluated in the Su-27M demonstrators. <LI>Su-27SMK: Single-seat multirole fighter for export. It is a derivative of the Su-27SK but includes upgrades such as advanced cockpit, more sophisticated self-defense electronic countermeasures (ECM) and an in-flight refueling system.

thank you everyone i was able to make it work.

and i was also able to make seperate variants for Ace Combat.

Just a heads up, when you see that new variant of yours pared on the tarmac, you'll notice that the canards will have disappeared. Don't worry, they'll still show up when you fly the plane again. I can't remember why this happens, but I think it has something to do with static planes not carrying payloads.

Just a heads up, when you see that new variant of yours pared on the tarmac, you'll notice that the canards will have disappeared. Don't worry, they'll still show up when you fly the plane again. I can't remember why this happens, but I think it has something to do with static planes not carrying payloads.

Close...actually it's because the static aircraft have no pilots....that's about the only downside of the method used to make this mod.

FastCargo

What about having them as an extra seat and an invisible lod as an extra pilot?

What about having them as an extra seat and an invisible lod as an extra pilot?

I'm not sure what you mean...can you elaborate?

FastCargo

I'm not sure what you mean...can you elaborate?

FastCargo

Well, in relation to what What!, Say has said, if you want the canards to stay on your new variant of the Su-27 when they are static aircraft put on the ramps by the game engine, if you have them set as a seat model in the aircraft data.ini, they should show up, as opposed to have them as the pilot model. Just throwing ideas around here though.

Edited by JimmyBib

Ah okay, I see what you mean now! Now I'm curious if that would work...has anyone taken a close look at the static aircraft in WOI to see if they have seats? If so, then such a thing should work. Actually, you wouldn't even need an invisible pilot...just hide the extra pilot somewhere in the model where he wouldn't be seen.

Or heck, find a weapon in the weapons directory that's REALLY small and make him the 'pilot' to hide...

JimmyBib, that's a GREAT idea.

FastCargo

You could infact do it by having a very simple mesh built in 3d max as the pilot model, something like a cube, map it to a tga, make that tga entirely transparent et voila, you have a pilot model that you don't have to worry about getting in the way.