Sign in to follow this  

I need the links of those planes in newest versions: Mustangs, Beaus, Mossies, S-199, EAF/IDF Spitfires

to WOI TMF weaponpack

BE ADVISED....

WoI's prop flight model is, well, not to put too fine a point on the subject.....HOSED

You will experience such departures, as to not be believed. Addtional anomalies in all aspects of aircraft handling have been noted. I would think, with the inclusion of some of the coding from First Eagles, the WW2 prop jobs would fly pretty well.

They don't, for the most part.

We can only hope that at some point, it may be 'looked at' by TK and the other Beta Testers for inclusion in a patch.

My suggestion? ... build a SF/WoV/WoE based Mid-East install with the necessary aircraft, ground objects, and maps.

Also, have a wander into the "WoI Historic Mods Thread". It's in the Mods and Skinning Forum below

Direct Link: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=25990

A LOT of this has all ready been done, discussed, fixes found (and some discarded), maps examined, etc. BTW, the WoI IsrealME map is ONLY good for the post-1963 world.

Wrench

kevin stein

BE ADVISED....

WoI's prop flight model is, well, not to put too fine a point on the subject.....HOSED

You will experience such departures, as to not be believed. Addtional anomalies in all aspects of aircraft handling have been noted. I would think, with the inclusion of some of the coding from First Eagles, the WW2 prop jobs would fly pretty well.

They don't, for the most part.

We can only hope that at some point, it may be 'looked at' by TK and the other Beta Testers for inclusion in a patch.

My suggestion? ... build a SF/WoV/WoE based Mid-East install with the necessary aircraft, ground objects, and maps.

Also, have a wander into the "WoI Historic Mods Thread". It's in the Mods and Skinning Forum below

Direct Link: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=25990

A LOT of this has all ready been done, discussed, fixes found (and some discarded), maps examined, etc. BTW, the WoI IsrealME map is ONLY good for the post-1963 world.

Wrench

kevin stein

I'd say the WOI and FE (Expansion pack) code is basically the same.

But as well as other things, they are a major departure from previous versions of the Flight Model - mainly in the code, but also how the data.inis are done.

The difference was maybe not as obvious for jets (TK probably minimised the difference in the transition on purpose), but sure was significant in FE. FMs done pre-Expansion Pack are hardly flyable in new version. The FMs had to be redone completely, lots of work. Probably same for WW2.

To get the WW2 FMs working well in WOI means redoing the FMs for the new Flight Model. But if done, work very well, and prop stuff is very good in the new game, far better then in the previous Flight Model. AI is, well, taken several levels further than would be the case in SF etc . Its been improving greatly with every version/patch of FE, extremely good now, and would be for WW2 as well.

Edited by peter01

For those of you who don't follow the FE developments closely, Peter01 is the Albert Einstein of FE flight models! If only a portion of what he knows about the FE flight models could be applied to WW2 aircraft, our world would be rocked.

To get the WW2 FMs working well in WOI means redoing the FMs for the new Flight Model. But if done, work very well, and prop stuff is very good in the new game, far better then in the previous Flight Model. AI is, well, taken several levels further than would be the case in SF etc . Its been improving greatly with every version/patch of FE, extremely good now, and would be for WW2 as well.

Agreed! We've discussed this at great length, both via PMs and in open Forums. Most (and I repeat -MOST-) of the Dev A-Team's Spits and Meteors seem to fly pretty well in WoI; meaning they don't have unusual handling characteristics. Exepting the Mc-205, which explodes on the runway, for no apparent reason.

Wolf's P-51D is adaquate; it definatley needs some fine tuning, but it dosn't seem all that much different than in SF/WoV/WoE (WoE is what I use for my WW2 installs). Now, on the other hand, the 109G10/S-199 is another story. Fly it and see what I mean.

I'm hoping there's more support coming for the WW2 birds. There's far too many of them available, and far too much we can do with them, than to simply let them languish in an un-patched version of SF/WoV/WoE. Although, the improvements that WoI brings are truely, for the most part, negligable to the WW2 Crowd. Although the game-generated parked planes is quite cool!!!

Wrench

kevin stein