Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

Our travels now take us north...

Now that Burma is out of the way, so to speak...(actually, theres a 'hot fix' coming today .. I forgot to include the new TFD and HFD files, wherein I flattend Hanoi airfiled, and the various depots, army bases and rail yards. Oppps!!)

Let's look at China, and more of Polak's imported AF Midway Group PTO items...

One of the AVG/CATF airbases

china-2.jpg

(note the ZIS truck, with a simple edit to "WWII Soviet", now an Allied unit. Avaliable in our downloads section)

Main IJAAF/IJN base on Formosa...

china-1.jpg

(yes, I know I still have to move that large hangar, center left, back a bit.) Note the new "old style'' wooden hangars in foreground. There's even a few Zekes parked there -ok, crappy repaints/hex edited FW-190s -but, hey they're only targets!)

That large, rectangular hanger center will probably show up at a few of the Chinese bases as well. Redone planning maps, too. I also relocated several of the Costal Convoys, to help prevent target area overlap; they'll be enough of that as it is!

There is a major problem an Nanking AB, unfortunately. It's almost at THE WALL, and creates problems when flying to it, or near it. I'm debating weither or not to keep it. If flying away from it, it's ok.

BTW, 100% Historical Accuracy on some target area placements is NOT claimed :haha:

Wrench

kevin stein

"wherein I flattend Hanoi airfiled, and the various depots, army bases and rail yards. "

wasn't that our objective once upon a time.......?

:biggrin:

looks very interesting!

I'll say. Great work, Wrench.

Great work, Wrench.

Just getting to grips with your Burma upgrade (and hotfix), but I'm looking forward to this one :good:

Typhoid: well, they DO say history is circular..."as it was then, so is it now" or something like that.

btw, that stone building is getting a little tweek too....no screenies yet...still dialing in the effect. In fact, all the "airfield3" are getting remoddled, courtesy of ABC's "Airfield Improvement" show (check local listings for times and dates)

More later....

Wrench

kevin stein

I'm at work now and can't check the map but is Shanghai on? I believe there's a nightclub where 'Anything Goes.' :wink:

Should be just right for the period as an Easter egg.

What, you all mean something like this???

china-4.jpg

Does the word "anachronisim" come to mind??? :haha:

Wrench

kevin stein

I'm at work now and can't check the map but is Shanghai on? I believe there's a nightclub where 'Anything Goes.' :wink:

Go to this site and click on map for a period look at Shanghai in the 1930s.

Shanghai Map

a good friend went to china for 3 years.. into a shaolin temple to improve his kung fu... will be nice to make a flypass....

Does the word "anachronisim" come to mind??? :haha:

Shouldn't the recruiting poster have a shot of the required attire? Jodhpurs, riding boots...but where's the white scarf!?!? :biggrin:

halforrest1932.jpg