Sign in to follow this  
Killer010793

Can't Shoot anything down useing Soviet AAM

When I fly plane's like the F-22 or F-15 I can always hit something useing my air to air missile's. But When I fly Soviet plane's like the SU-27 or Mig-21 I can't hit anything, My missile's always go for the flare's, Also the flare's in the Soviet plane's don't work as good as the USAF one's. How can i get beter useing Soviet plane's?

Which game are you flying? WOI or older games?

According to your words it looks like older games (SFP1/WOE/WOV).

Try some missile values from this topic (post nm. 55 by gerald14):

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showt...24967&st=40

This project is not stopped. We are waiting for patch.

And you can try this too:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=20579

PS: you have little chance hit enemies with older Soviet missiles like R-3S or RS-2US in dogfight. They are not dogfight missiles. You have better chances with newer R-60 and R-73 in dogfight. And if you are good gunner, beat those bad guys with cannons :biggrin:

Edited by kukulino

Thanks, The new missile values helped a lot, Now I can shoot down F-22's just as good as they can shoot me down. :good:

PS: The game I play is WOE.

Thanks, The new missile values helped a lot, Now I can shoot down F-22's just as good as they can shoot me down. :good:

PS: The game I play is WOE.

No problem. Hope we will update all Soviet weapons, whose need it.

In WOI is not IR missiles effectivness so deadly :yes:

Well, shoot down F-22 is not easy work. It is very advanced plane in technology and it is equiped with strong A2A missiles. So it is not correct shoot down every F-22 which you meet in WOE :biggrin:

Edited by kukulino

So it is not correct shoot down every F-22 which you meet in WOE

Could be worth a try... I went head-on against F-15 on a Beagle. :crazy:

In RL, your chances of having an IRM older than a second-gen R-73 lock on to an F-22 from anything other than a rear-quarter aspect, are slim and none.

That being said, a trick I employ is to give the AI a bit of a chance by adding the following lines to the data.ini of any aircraft model that might be equipped all-aspect IRMs equipped with wide angle seeker heads (off-boresight). That would include the R-60mk, R-73, AIM-9X, (etc.)

[AIData]

ASIRMFireAngle=60.0

That equates to 30 degrees off-boresight angle, which is the actual value for the R-60mk and early run R-73s. Interestingly enough, if you go much beyond this figure (even after adjusting the seeker angle and track-rate values in the weapondata.ini), you'll see the AI miss more often.