Sign in to follow this  
Piecemeal

Something missing in WOE

All the games have the same sound quality settings in the 'Options' menu. The relevant sound application has been made to the 'Soundlist' ini. The windloop sound itself has been applied in the aircraft data inis. The .wav file is in the 'Sounds' folder. They work in all my Third Wire games except for WOE. I know it can't be some change I've made since it's been like that from the day I purchased it online from the Third Wire site.

Does anybody else have this problem with WOE? I'm a guy who considers the audio experience to be just as important a part as the visual and without the windloop it seems a little too one-dimensional

All the games have the same sound quality settings in the 'Options' menu. The relevant sound application has been made to the 'Soundlist' ini. The windloop sound itself has been applied in the aircraft data inis. The .wav file is in the 'Sounds' folder. They work in all my Third Wire games except for WOE. I know it can't be some change I've made since it's been like that from the day I purchased it online from the Third Wire site.

Does anybody else have this problem with WOE? I'm a guy who considers the audio experience to be just as important a part as the visual and without the windloop it seems a little too one-dimensional

Did you change the windloop sound itself? If you replaced the original monaural version with a stereo sound file, then that would be your problem. Another possibility is that you're using surround sound on a system configured for 2 speakers.

Did you change the windloop sound itself? If you replaced the original monaural version with a stereo sound file, then that would be your problem. Another possibility is that you're using surround sound on a system configured for 2 speakers.

No, it was a windloop sound that I downloaded some time back, I can't remember where exactly. The funny thing is that on all my Third Wire games the sound settings are the same (16 channels - Normal Stereo).

That particular windloop sound works fine on SFG and WOV. I checked the properties of it earlier and it was only an 8 bit sound. I changed it to the same sound quality as the default windloop sound. I then tested it on WOE but there's still no joy.

Very frustrating stuff