Sign in to follow this  
RGDOE

HOW TO OPEN WEAPONS DATA INI FILE WITH WEAPONS EDITOR?

I am trying to make the drop tanks for the AV-8B, FA-18F and other assorted aircraft visible and in the loadout screen! I think the only thing I have been unable to do is open up the weapons data ini file using the weapons editor to make it all work! Can anyone explain how? Thanks in advance!

Edited by Dave
Please do post in the Knowledge Base

Sorry I wish it did but it might as well have been in greek! I have the July "06" Weapons pack/Editor? (I think) I click on it and do all kinds of other things and nothing happens! Do not know how to open it! I have already installed the Notepad INI cut and paste for the AV-8B drop tanks! Then in the readme file it said be sure to open INI with weapon editor and put the changes into effect (Kind of thing), which I do not know how to do! Or why it wont open!

Any info. is appreciated and thanks in advance and for past info., Rich

the weapon editor runs only in win 98/me mode otherwise nothing happens if you try to run it

To open up the weapons editor properly in any operation system beyond Win98 or Windows ME you will need to find the program file for the weapons editor. Right click on it and you should have a dialog box open up near the bottom of the dialog box there is a selection titled "Properties" click on that. Another window should open up and from there you will need to select the tab called "Compatiablity". Right at the top of this tab you will see a click box titled "compatiability mode". By selecting this box and then selecting "Run in Win98 mode" when at the drop down box you should be able to open up the weapons editor. The same works with the gun editior.

To open up the weapons editor properly in any operation system beyond Win98 or Windows ME you will need to find the program file for the weapons editor. Right click on it and you should have a dialog box open up near the bottom of the dialog box there is a selection titled "Properties" click on that. Another window should open up and from there you will need to select the tab called "Compatiablity". Right at the top of this tab you will see a click box titled "compatiability mode". By selecting this box and then selecting "Run in Win98 mode" when at the drop down box you should be able to open up the weapons editor. The same works with the gun editior.

SUCCESS! THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR MAKING IT CRYSTAL CLEAR HOW TO DO IT! WOW! JUST TEST FLEW THE

SUPER HORNET WITH TANKS! WHAT A RUSH!

Damn Good thnx dude i never think i can do it without ur help thnx a lot

I'm doing the same thing with the F/A-18F tanks but not having much luck.

I've added the entry in the weaponsdata.ini and transferred the three tank files into the weapons folder as instructed, but what is it I'm supposed to do with the weapons editor?

-Mike

I'm doing the same thing with the F/A-18F tanks but not having much luck.

I've added the entry in the weaponsdata.ini and transferred the three tank files into the weapons folder as instructed, but what is it I'm supposed to do with the weapons editor?

-Mike

It has been a while since I have messed with the Weapons Editor, but if my fuzzy memory serves me right. You need to look at opening up the weapons editior and then re-save it as the weaponsdata.ini to make your tanks appear.

Another very eazy way......

Zip the WeaponEditor.exe.....

And,try to open the ziped WeaponEditor.exe in WinRAR

Then.... :biggrin: ....Success

Guess I'm just stupid, or unlucky. I tried it twice and both times all my weapons disappeared from the game even though they were still in the weapons folder. I copied the weapons folder from another game and got them back though.

Thanks,

-Mike

The weapons pack was fine-I used the one for WoE to fix the issue with SFP/Gold. The problem started after I ran weapons editor. I think I did maybe use the wrong version of the weapons editor though...I gotta check that out.

-Mike