Sign in to follow this  
Dave

This Gave Me Goose Bumps

This is a picture taken the 4th of July of this year at a palace in Baghdad. This is a reenlistment ceremony. The largest one ever done. The oath was given by Gen David Petraeus himself. Obviously all of the young men and women in this photo think that what they are doing is important and they want to be continue to be part of it. I just re-upped for 6 years in the USAFR. At that time it will bring me to 22 years 8 months total, 16 years 8 months active duty and 6 years in the USAFR. When that is up I am re upping again. I love serving my country, so do these people. But you would never hear this good thing in the media. They say we have a moral problem. I don't think so.

So why isn't this on the front page!?!?!?!?! In all seriousness, this is one of the things that makes me tear up (just a bit) with pride.

Hey yankees, sure you like big flags isn't it?? :D

Congrats and big thank's to the people serving his country

My big S!

Thank you for posting this, and for your service.

I did see this back on the 4th, and it was reported in San Diego, I think.

Beautiful to see that there are still men proud to serve the country, may the Lord watch over them all and return them safe to their country.

:salute:

Beautiful to see that there are still men proud to serve the country, may the Lord watch over them all and return them safe to their country.

:salute:

Amen

Good stuff. Its not the easiest time to re-enlist.

Good stuff. Its not the easiest time to re-enlist.

On the contrary, enlistments have been on the rise for years now.

Dave, did you ever do a recruiting tour?

God bless every one of them.Those men and women are the reason we are safe and I get so rabid in my defence of their cause.I guess I'm jealous of them too. :sad:

Dave, did you ever do a recruiting tour?

I have done a couple to help out some friends but nothing hot an heavy.

But Why am I not surprised? Because it is this kind of service person that makes this country great and worth defending at any cost! Yet the media won't put this kind of story on the front page. No worries! Those that do serve do not look for reconition or glory. Serving with our brothers is thanks enough! God will keep them all! WHOWA! :clapping:

Our soldiers, cops, firefighters and paramedics are today's heros. Not movie stars or sports figures. I wish people today could figure that out.

Guest 531_Ghost
16 years 8 months

B00T :wink:

Yes, in spite of doing multiple tours in the dirt, I see these guys and gals re-up just to do it all again. [lump in throat] some, go and come home, some, don't [/lump in throat]. Some I've known for years, some are just gettin' started, still, they're my brothers and sisters and I'm proud of them all.

Our soldiers, cops, firefighters and paramedics are today's heros. Not movie stars or sports figures. I wish people today could figure that out.

Agreed it seems lost on some.

Dave, thanks for the beautiful picture. Brought a lump to this old salt's throat. Yes, agreed, this is something that should be on the front page. I'm sure that some papers somewhere ran it. I know that you would never see it here in the San Francisco bay area. These men and women are our best we have to offer, because they give of themselves willingly. I do not worry when it comes to our military, they will always rise to the occasion and can be counted on. The politicians? Well, that's another story. Hopefully enough people will see this photo and others like it to counter all of the less than flattering stories that pass for news about our military.

Take care,

C2