Sign in to follow this  
SayethWhaaaa

Olympic Spoilsports?

Well done. All that can spoil that big propaganda show is good enough for me.

Those will be the 1936 games of our time.

Edited by Emp_Palpatine

Well done. All that can spoil that big propaganda show is good enough for me.

Those will be the 1936 games of our time.

A little tidbit, don't know how well this is known. But you know how every Olympics how a bid deal is made of the running of the flame and how the flame is lit? Well, the Nazis started that way back in 1936....

"We confiscated the cleaner for 24 hours" - WTF does that mean? Was he abducted? Kidnapped? I mean, wtf?!

Serves the chinese right though considering all the gagging they do in terms of communication and information. Really must say I'm on the media side when it comes to their fight vs the communist government... :haha:

"We confiscated the cleaner for 24 hours" - WTF does that mean? Was he abducted? Kidnapped? I mean, wtf?!

He was taking the p*ss. They were terrified that anyone was going to leak details of the freakin' BORING opening at the 2000 Olympics that dug up every damned Aussie cliché and stereotype this side short of Croc Dundee. Their measures were pretty draconian. I'm really surprised that BOCOG's was leaked. If anyone was busted attempting to leak it, they would have been jailed (Gaoled? :tongue:) for sure! The Chinese police don't mess around!