Sign in to follow this  
Miracles

Logitech joystick

My first logitech joystick(Extreme 3D Pro) broke down after a mere three months. And I used my joystick quite gently.

I brought it to the shop they repaired it and after 2 weeks it broke down again. This cycle repeated itself twice until I gave up all hope and convinced that Logitech joystick was trash.

Is there any good logitech joystick that is actually longlasting? Or should I learn from my past experience and avoid them altogether?

Edited by Miracles

Well I have had my Logitech Wingman extreme digital 3d for at least 6 years by now, never had any trouble with mine at all. using it nearly everyday.

Thank you for telling me that. I think I'll try to go for that one.

I just read buyer's reviews on Amazon quite many people pointed the same problem that I once had with my old stick.

I think I better look for other brands. It's difficult to find any other brand aside from Logitech for game controller here. Imo logitech game controllers are not built for longevity.

I prefer to spend 5 times or even more the amount just for longevity.

I had a Logitech stick not too long ago (can't remember the model). It broke down after 2 weeks. It was also too light to be used without having to hold it down.

I then bought the Thrustmaster "Top Gun Fox 2 Pro USB" (simple name, isn't it? Oh well, it has Top Gun in it.), which has a built-in rudder, it heavy enough to be stable, and it works. It's ferocity is adjustable, but you will need to install prettymuch every Thrustmaster tool to make it work properly. It can be a little unprecise. But, I got it through Amazon.co.uk at a reasonable price, and it's comfy and reliable, so I'm pleased with it.

If you want to go all-out, you can buy an expensive one, the Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar. It looks pretty sweet, replica of the stick of an F-16 (comes with a separate throttle aswell).

Good luck in the hunt for a replacement stick ;)

i just retired my Logitech Wingman Extreme Digital, still works too, and ive been heavily using that stick for atleast 8 years. it seems like ive had it forever.

i recently picked up a new Logitech Wingman Extreme Digital 3D at a yardsale for $5, the force feedback model, with the twisting stick for rudder controls. its an ok stick, but the rotation for the rudder is loose and sloppy so it disabled that cuz the planes would veer off at the slightest twist. i may go back and take apart the old wingman, clean it out, grease up the joints a little bit, and start using that one again.

ive never in my oh, 15 years or so flight sims, used anything by thrustmaster so i cant comment on their quality.

You may want to check out some of the CH products. I've never owned any of them (but i did stay at a Motel 6 once:) ), but I have used the rudders and the yoke. Having only heard good things about them, I'm looking to go CH in the near future to replace my TM Cougar HOTAS.

To get brands other than logitech game controller I have to wait until somebody or me go abroad :dntknw: .

The chances are too slim to find other than logitech's joystick here. Couple weeks back I asked about one of their their driving wheel product when they were having exhibition at a mall....but that was because the promotion girl was irresistibly beautiful....hey I'm single :biggrin: .

Hey I found a Saitek Cyborg evo wireless joystick for about US$80.00

I've heard so many good things said about Saitek joystick.

Will this be a good buy? Will it last? That's my main concern after my experience with logitech joystick

Edited by Miracles

I used one too and don't have too many complaints. It's not as good as the Sidewinder Precision 2 but it's good enough.

I've used alot of Logitech sticks over the years and it is really hit and miss when you buy one. I've had them last years and i have had them last less than a week. I'm using a Extreme 3D Pro USB and its about a year old, The rudder is the first thing that always seems to lose or spike around the center position and mine started acting up when the stick was only a few months old.

I can highly recommend CH Products, I still have a Janes Combat Stick (Special Edition Fighter Stick) that has a perfect center and works great, but it uses gameport connection so its on my "Junk" Computer. I also have a Saitek X52, but i don't like it for WOV/WOE/FE because the spring feels too soft. Otherwise its a great stick and has held up to many hours in Falcon 4.

I also figured out how to adjust deadzone and sensitivity in each axis in Thirdwire sims. Its a bit of a pain because TW Sims only have 1 deadzone and 1 sensitivity slider to cover all axis on the stick.

1st, Go to the game directory and open the Controls folder, then backup whichever .INI you will be modifying.

2nd, Open the .INI in notepad and look for the sections titled [RangedControl001],[RangedControl002],[RangedControl003] and edit the DeadZone= and Saturation= sections. For deadzone start low (around 5 or 10) and work up and for Saturation start at 100 and work down until you are happy with the results then save and close the file.

3rd, Right Click on the INI and select Properties and check the Read Only box. If you don't make the file read only and you open the Options Screen in game all settings will be reset to the in-game sliders setting. Also make sure all buttons and Keys have been defined before you do this or you will have to uncheck Read Only then define the keys and do this all over again.

Anyway, If i were you i would try to get either Saitek or CH, I can't comment on TM because i've never owned one.

I think I'm gonna buy this Saitek evo joystick.

Actually my number one reason to buy a new joystick is not any of the thirdwire games but my old IL-2 Forgotten Battle game.

The game is about 4 years old and it is imo still leading WWII flightsim genre.

But I aprreciate your tips Warlord.