Sign in to follow this  
PRecog

A-10 Questions

G'day fellas,

Have a couple of A-10 questions regarding the LOMAC demo.

1. What are the various RWR modes that can be changed, and how do they differ?

2. What does it mean by 'weapon release mode'. I notice when you issue this command it changes a dial from sql, prs, rip phs, to rip sql. what are these?

3. Is it possible to view your current trim settings? a gauge perhaps??

4. Can you dump fuel in the A-10. The dump fuel key doesnt appear to work.

5. What do the numbers at the bottom of the HUD indicate. Eg

2/64.6

14.55/-14.56

6. What does the number just below the altitude readout indicate? Vertical speed indicator?

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

1. RWR has 3 modes...

1. show all... all threats.

2. show only lock... only the threats that have locked you up.

3. show only launch.... only the threats that have launched and are guiding a missile your way.

2. These are the bomb release modes...

SGL means you will release a single bomb with each pickle.

PRS means you will drop a pair of bombs with each pickle.

RIP SGL means, after setting a value above 1 in the qauntity window with a ripple interval value 1 bomb will ripple off each station up to the amount you have selected with releases delayed by the interval(in milliseconds).

RIP PRS is the same as abaove but 2 bombs will ripple from each station.

You can set the quanity to a max of 12 and the interval to a max of 99 milliseconds and only one press of the release key(Spacebar) is needed to release all the bombs you have set.

3. No.

4. Yes but hold the keys down.

5. 2/64.6 is the Nav information... "2" is the current steerpoint and "64.6" is the distance to the steerpoint in nautical miles.

The other line is the time on target planned/time difference to the target compared to the planned time... not working correctly in B5.

6. The pitch indication.

ok 2 questions

1. are the way flares dispensed going to change? really bugs me that u drop 2 flares out of the wing tips, all the video footage i've ever seen they come out the tail..

2. the fuel thing as stated in another thread, get shot in the wing, and u loose fuel.. with that little fuel it should all b in the body of the aircraft.. they designed it so that the fuel is used from the 2 tanks in either wing first.. oh and the tanks are only in the stump of the wing, not the whole wing area...

ok 2 questions

1. are the way flares dispensed going to change? really bugs me that u drop 2 flares out of the wing tips, all the video footage i've ever seen they come out the tail..

2. the fuel thing as stated in another thread, get shot in the wing, and u loose fuel.. with that little fuel it should all b in the body of the aircraft.. they designed it so that the fuel is used from the 2 tanks in either wing first.. oh and the tanks are only in the stump of the wing, not the whole wing area...

#1 No it will not be changed in the first release..maybe later.

#2 Still looking at this one...more to come.

cut up my bible some more... excuse the stitching, i had to scan in 4 parts..

post-6-1065547261_thumb.jpg

ok 2 questions

Yojimb0,

The flares can be put in the wingtips or in the gear pods. We normally use chaff in the wingtip because the vortices help spread them out, however, in Afghanistan flares in the wingtips were the standard load since there wasn't any radar threat to speak of. Even in OIF, half the wingtip buckets were flares. And the gear pod flares only look like they're coming out of the tail. They're actually coming out just behind the main gear.

does any1 else find the skins with the sharks teeth a little stretched? the mouth doesn't look right to me..

hope the mav's only come of the rails like they do in beta 5 and not in any others..

what i mean is they all come off the same rail until they've depleted - then it moves to the other side..