Sign in to follow this  
column5

column5.us is back!

Yes, we have returned from our vacation.

I need to heap as much thanks on MK2 and Erik as I possibly can. MK2 for keeping CA up and running, and Erik for working very hard to get my site set up on CA's web host. This has huge ramifications, not the least of which is that I will no longer be hounded by my web host for having the audacity to put files up for download.

So a few things to mention for those who have been visiting the site for a long time...

1. The forum is gone. It was fun to have a forum at first, but it eventually became a drag. The downside is that ABF is gone, the upside is that I don't have to run a forum anymore. Yeah...I know...its kind of one-sided. Anyway, the forum link at C5 will now point right back here to CombatAce.

2. Many, many people were generous enough to donate money to help me keep the site running over the years. Since I am hosted at CA now, and don't have to pay for the forum anymore, I no longer need donations. HOWEVER, CombatAce does need your help, so please, if you have the means, purchase a subscription to CA and help take some of the load off of MK2. The subscriptions also support MarcFighters, Fist of the Fleet, and now C5.

3. Tahiti. It was nice, I took the sailboat there. The women complied with most of my demands, but were fearful of Cheez-Whiz.

4. Finally, the site is back up with all of the old content, but things will be changing. I am eager to hear any suggestions on what C5 might bring to the table to compliment all of the great resources already available at CombatAce.

checking it out asap :biggrin:

Excellent news :yahoo:

YYAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clapping:

Alright!!! Time to update a bookmark. :yes:

UUUUFFFFFF, this great news!

Good news indeed! :good:

Keep up the good work! :clapping:

Great stuff.

How's Sparko taken the ABF news ? :dntknw:

Congratulations!!! I don't even want to know who (or what) "Cheeze - whizz" is though :beach:

Edited by Mab Glyndwr

Glad to see your site back, C5!

Great stuff.

How's Sparko taken the ABF news ? :dntknw:

He doesn't know yet. I don't have the heart to tell him. It will crush his spirit. :(

This is the best news all week!

Welcome back C5! This is indeed good news.

This is the time on Sprockets when we dance!

Stormtrooper ... I like his layout better too, but he had it first so we're stuck with second best. I suppose we do pretty well considering we have some 4500 downloads to offer. Keeping that mess sorted is a workout in and of itself.

C5 ... We're simply appreciative for all you do for the community, it was our responsibility to make sure we did everything we could to help.

Becoming a subscription member has always meant more than just CombatACE. I'm glad everyone gets the opportunity to see that. I'm thinking a C5 Telethon during Thanksgiving Season is next on our plate. Wonder who we could get to stand in for Jerry Lewis?