for some strange reason each time i try to download files over 1mb,the download instantly shows complete no matter the size of file. like the f-105g will download to 1.03mb then shows complete.i delete the incomplete file and try again and it will immediatley show complete at 1.03mb!i made sure that my connection will not end if comp. is idle for a period of time.i have checked to make sure that downloads are enabled and so forth.can anyone help this bonehead fix this problem?hmmm....i may have to fire up my old(weak) comp. it never did this...... :dntknw:

But you can download files under 1MB okay?

I suspect its something to do with you having a basic account - although im not sure what a basic account is now limited to tbh.

Subscription is now in force to keep the site going - only found out recently we were funded by a single person all this time :)

Edited by MigBuster

The free accounts can still download they are just not unlimited accounts as they were before. If you don't get an error message then it's not your account here or us, it's probably something with your machine (example: download manager, download accelerator, or possibly anti-virus software) that you might check into.

Erik

But you can download files under 1MB okay?

I suspect its something to do with you having a basic account - although im not sure what a basic account is now limited to tbh.

Subscription is now in force to keep the site going - only found out recently we were funded by a single person all this time :)

i have actually been able to download from third wire, sp051506(patch),which is 43.1 mbs!!i'll check into the subscription and see if that is it. thanx MigBuster :good:

The free accounts can still download they are just not unlimited accounts as they were before. If you don't get an error message then it's not your account here or us, it's probably something with your machine (example: download manager, download accelerator, or possibly anti-virus software) that you might check into.

Erik

windows defender is the only thing i have set up on this comp.so far as i can tell,it's not affecting my dwnlds.i'll keep investigating....Thanx for your help,Erik! :good: