Sign in to follow this  
mppd

Vietnam-era ECM pod textures

Anyone aken the time to spiff up the ECM pod textures for WOV? Or perhaps created some new shapes? If not, I'll take a crack at it. Could use any photos and/or measurements anyone can provide (ALQ-71, 87, 101 mostly).

Thanks,

Mike D.

I have quite a few B/W photos and colour plates but nothing with much really close up detail - not any more detail then they already have I imagine.

Again, I was sort of trolling a bit to see if someone might chime in with "Oh, I already did that, just never uploaded it"...If you'd like to contribute, I'd welcome any scans you can spare! Feel free to PM me,

Thanks a million,

Mike D.

I had ALQ-87s in game BEFORE ECM was even implemented in the sim.

then the ALQ-71s came out in WoV ....

anyway the -87 should be in the '06 weapons pack, along with several others.

issues with ECM pods - number of 'cans' and which type of pod.

GE AN/ALQ-71 series: (V)-2, (V)-1, (V)-3 (ALQ-MK IIIA). No photos of the -4 which is the longest of the bunch (124 inches) so it may be rare or perhaps post-Vietnam era.

Mike D.

good pods ! :ph34r:

edit:

btw, check out the latest Mirage Factory WOI weapon pack, we've build new -101 and 119 pods + several (V)-x of them.

Edited by Crusader

Thanks for the tip, I won't have to try to build a -101!!

Mike D.

Oh by the way, installed the ALQ-101 from the WOI weapons pack into my WOV install (the QRC-335 designation) and it looks great! Good job you guys. The long -2 version was also seen by the time of the Linebacker opns - man is it LOOONG! Thanks again,

Mike D.