F/A-18F Update

View File

First and most importantly, all credits go to 101tfs and Erwi_hans for original work.

They gave us the Super Hornet and should be applauded for doing so. Nice work guys.

So, this is what this update includes....

Changes in the DATA.ini file are the attachment position for the z-axis for stations 17,18,19,and 20.

Previously, ordinances were resting a little bit too high into the pylon.

I've also corrected the animation for the ailerons and the rudders so that they're not reversed anymore.

LOADOUT.INI file explains how the loadouts work incase it was confusing for any of you.

I also changed the loadout packages with different weapons. But you can change that to

your own likeing. I've also added a launcher (see ReadMe) for AGMs. I think you'll like it.

- serverandenforcer.

Good work! :good:

Thanks your help! :ok:

I just wonder if I could get more time to fix it. :biggrin:

Ok i tested it and there is still a small prob.. on the ground the plane handels right, rudder animatio is ok too, but in the air the plane moves reversed when you use the rudder?!

Ok i tested it and there is still a small prob.. on the ground the plane handels right, rudder animatio is ok too, but in the air the plane moves reversed when you use the rudder?!

The same problem is present for the F/A-18A by the Mirage Factory. I checked the data file for both the A and the F and they're identical. I think the main aerodynamics properties in the data.ini file need to have the +/- values reversed or something. The problem could also be because of how the vertical tails are slanted. When I first stomp on the pedals while flying, the airplane does want to yaw to the direction that you want to go for the first 1/2 - 1 second of the input, but then it commits to a roll going to the opposite direction of where you would want to go. The solution to this problem is beyond my skill level. All I did was make a simple change between TRUE and FALSE in the rudder control section of the data.ini file.

Edited by serverandenforcer

The problem could also be because of how the vertical tails are slanted. When I first stomp on the pedals while flying, the airplane does want to yaw to the direction that you want to go for the first 1/2 - 1 second of the input, but then it commits to a roll going to the opposite direction of where you would want to go.

I was able to confirm this. When the wing leveler is activated, and when i applied right rudder, the aircraft began yawing to the right. Now when the wing leveler is de-activated, the aircraft will role. Now if the vertical tails were straight up and down, and not slanted, then you won't get much of a roll to the opposite direction of where you would want to yaw. However, because of the slants in the vertical tails, air pressure being deflected off of that side of the tail will push the aircraft into a mild roll. Now, if this F/A-18F had the flight avionics that the real one has, you wouldn't be experiencing this roll. Remember what era this game is originally set for, and we're operating late 20th century/ early 21st century aircraft in it. It's not going to be as accurate as we would like them to be. Infact, it will probably make you appreciate the technology that we do have in our aircraft today.

Edited by serverandenforcer

Does anyone else have problem with CTD when the esc during a mission?

Does anyone else have problem with CTD when the esc during a mission?

Never had that issue. All I did was change a value from TRUE to FALSE. That shouldn't cause a CTD. The load outs shouldn't cause a CTD either, since it's just information re-arranged in an order that it could be understood (and it doesn't matter what order it's in - all that matters is if lines are spelled correctly - and even if that didnt happen, the most you would get is no weapons popping up when you first go into the Loading Screen). The launcher that I added is an existing launcher (if you have the current weapons pack) with attachments re-assigned to properly load up AGMs so that you don't have missile bleeding into each other. And even if you didn't have the current weapons pack, all you should get at the most is again, no weapons in the Loadout Screen. CTD sounds like something else is going on other than the jet and the update.

It was doing it with only this aircraft even before I intalled your updates for it.