So, im trying to figure out if WoI will work on my PC, but I have two questions...

1. How do I find what video card I have?

2. Will it work if I only have 448 MB of RAM?

Any help would be much appreciated.

P.S. In case you were wondering, I recently moved, but in doing so, I lost my PC and everything on it :sorry:

oooh, bummer.

to find your vid card, go to "start", then right-click on "my computer" and go down to "properties". Once in the properties go to the "hardware" tab, then click on "Device Manager" and go down to "display adapters". It'll show the card(s) you're running.

Oh, and about WoI with 448 ram, I'm running SFP1 with 512 and 997Mhz, and it's frustratingly laggy with everything set on "low" (exept object detail and texture), so I'm not sure if WoI will even be playable. I really feel for ya about the computer loss, My comp got a virus and after reformatting, it wasn't the same, partially because the "computer shop" took out most of the useful innards.

Now I'm stuck with halfing the size of the skins for all my planes. :cray:

Edited by Rambler 1-1

oooh, bummer.

to find your vid card, go to "start", then right-click on "my computer" and go down to "properties". Once in the properties go to the "hardware" tab, then click on "Device Manager" and go down to "display adapters". It'll show the card(s) you're running.

Oh, and about WoI with 448 ram, I'm running SFP1 with 512 and 997Mhz, and it's frustratingly laggy with everything set on "low" (exept object detail and texture), so I'm not sure if WoI will even be playable. I really feel for ya about the computer loss, My comp got a virus and after reformatting, it wasn't the same, partially because the "computer shop" took out most of the useful innards.

Now I'm stuck with halfing the size of the skins for all my planes. :cray:

Thanks for the help and im sorry to hear about your pc as well...CURSE THOSE PC SHOPS!!!

I like to think that us pilots with slow comps are the purists of the SF community. We don't need HD skins, 3D trees or water shading! That's just extra! All we need are some good-looking, good-flying planes, a place to fly them and some stuff to shoot at!

Im gettin my private pilots license soon, now that you mention it...and even though all the "flashy-ness" is un-needed, you have to admit it is cool to play any intense CFS in hi-res

cool? I'd say it's awesome! I'm not dissing anybody who's running HD, I played on my friend's comp and it was so smooth and clear that I wouldn't stop playing- everything was just so... good!

Oh, and congrads on your liscence! I'd give anything to get mine, but I can't even drive legally yet.

Guest Sony Tuckson

448 mb RAM leads me to think it's a 512 system with 64 removed for the graphics, meaning no real video card with its own memory

won't do much good to run WOI....sorry to say