Sign in to follow this  
Guest ansons2

Greece Terrain WIP

Guest ansons2

:yes:

Here are some screenshots of my new WIP terrain : Greece. The terrain will cover only the south part of Greece due to

a DEM file limitation. The terrain cover Greece, Crete, Cyprus, Part of Turkey, Egypt, part of Israël, part of Libya

Greece0001.jpg

Greece0002.jpg

Greece0003.jpg

Greece0004.jpg

Greece0005.jpg

Greece0006.jpg

Greece0007.jpg

looks nice, I would love to shoot approaches from the south on Santorini, and buzz the village of Oia!

Awesome, would love to take off from Soudha Bay and do some flying over the NAMFI range

Cool :good:

I know you terrain guys probably work with digital elevation models and the like, but I can't help imagining you with picks, spades, and a lot of sweating and swearing :wink:

What DEM limitations? I have all the way from Ukraine to Northern Egypt (and eastern greece and all of turkey) on the Black Sea map I'm working on.

Without WYSIWYG object placement, there is alot of sweating and swearing though.

were going to have to change the names of the games from WoE, WoV, WoI... to Wings Over the World!

If there could only be some of the fabulous architecture items that Greece is famous for.

After having said that, thank you for doing this for us. :good:

Guest ansons2
What DEM limitations? I have all the way from Ukraine to Northern Egypt (and eastern greece and all of turkey) on the Black Sea map I'm working on.

Without WYSIWYG object placement, there is alot of sweating and swearing though.

Hi Eraser_tr

I have taken the GTOPO30 DEM file from the USGS Website. They have sliced the worldmap into tiles but the tile borders

they have used cuts greece almost in half and due to the "wall" bug of the game you cannot fly far above Korinthos.

However the terrain is full of small islands , mountains and valley and not boring at all. It requires just a lot of work to check all of the coasts to avoid water climbing on the hills.

Ansons2

you are probably using the old version of the terrain editor, the latest version fixed the north-south axis DEM importing error.

I started an Aegean Sea terrain long ago ( all lost in HDD crashes ) and had no problems creating a 1000y1000km map with the Aegean Sea in the center.

get the latest TE here http://www.thirdwire.com/downloads_tools.htm

Looks fantastic! Can't say I had much success with making a Greece and Cyprus terrain (yet) due to severe constraints of time, very nice to see that someone else is working on one though :good::clapping:

Guest ansons2

:yes: Hi Everyone,

Here are some screenshots of my newly released Greece terrain for SFP1. It is now available at the downloads section

I hope you will like it !

ansons2

Greece0006.jpg

Greece0007.jpg

Greece0008.jpg

Greece0009.jpg

Greece0010.jpg

Greece0011.jpg

:yes: Hi Everyone,

Here are some screenshots of my newly released Greece terrain for SFP1. It is now available at the downloads section

I hope you will like it !

ansons2

Really appreciate your hard work!! Much anticipated!

That Phantom skin DO look good over it's home turf!!! (Thanks, Ant!!!)

Nice terrain too, ansons!!! Haven't explored it too much yet, but I'm liking it!!!

Wrench

kevin stein

Fantastic.

I'm done for tonight but I'm going to grab this tomorrow night. Can't wait to see Nana Mouskouri - genius!