Sign in to follow this  
sunliner

weapons disappearing after running editor..he'p!

I've been playing SF1 for a couple years now and never had to fool with the weapons editor before today. I just d/l'd the F/A-18F from here (niiiice jet BTW!!) and was trying to get the external fuel tanks to show up. The F/A-18F's designers instructions mentioned running weapons editor after changing the weapondata ini, so I did.

Now when I run the game, I have no weapons-for any of my aircraft. Everything is still in in the weapons folder and the weaponsdata.ini looks the same (I think).

Any advice on how I get my boom back? Thanks in advance.

-Mike

I've been playing SF1 for a couple years now and never had to fool with the weapons editor before today. I just d/l'd the F/A-18F from here (niiiice jet BTW!!) and was trying to get the external fuel tanks to show up. The F/A-18F's designers instructions mentioned running weapons editor after changing the weapondata ini, so I did.

Now when I run the game, I have no weapons-for any of my aircraft. Everything is still in in the weapons folder and the weaponsdata.ini looks the same (I think).

Any advice on how I get my boom back? Thanks in advance.

-Mike

Which version of the Weaponeditor are you running? If you're playing WOI (or FE + patch), then it's the upper one on the downloads page. If you aren't, it's the lower one. I dunno if that helps anything, I'm just guessing.

Edited by Longestpants

I've got another PC running SFP/Gold and copied the weaponsdata.ini from it over to my main PC with the missing weapons-still no luck. Apparently I somehow screwed something else up though I have no idea what or how.

Thanks for the help though!

-Mike

Mike,

make sure you also grab the "weaponsdata.DAT" from the other PC! The game engine uses this .dat file to read the weapons entries. This file is generated by the weapons editor. The .ini file you add weapons via text is just the "user-version", the game doesn´t recognize it.

Why the .dat file got screwed up is just a guess. Like Longestpants said, make sure you use the correct editor.