Sign in to follow this  
racinglad

Engine Sound

I´ve seen and heard in YouTube for exampe that when the player throttles the engine the sounds is gradual; that is to say that it increases and decrease in a linear tone.

My engine sound rises and lowers in steps everytime I throttle the engine.

How can I change it?

I´ve seen and heard in YouTube for exampe that when the player throttles the engine the sounds is gradual; that is to say that it increases and decrease in a linear tone.

My engine sound rises and lowers in steps everytime I throttle the engine.

How can I change it?

I see no one has replyd but seems everyone has reviewed your post so I will give it a go :) Open your config editor for RV and under sound settings, make sure you check the box "SoundSwitchFix". This should fix sound problems you might have. If you already have it checked, uncheck it. Also, turning on or off 3D sound might do something for you. If all those don't help, maybe update your sound card?? Hope this helps!

I see no one has replyd but seems everyone has reviewed your post so I will give it a go :) Open your config editor for RV and under sound settings, make sure you check the box "SoundSwitchFix". This should fix sound problems you might have. If you already have it checked, uncheck it. Also, turning on or off 3D sound might do something for you. If all those don't help, maybe update your sound card?? Hope this helps!

Where exactly is that config editor for RV?

Sorry for my ignorence.

Where exactly is that config editor for RV?

Sorry for my ignorence.

No worries mate :no: Open your main folder. It's location should be here C:\MicroProse\Falcon4. In there, you will find two things that are very important. One, near the bottom the "Red Viper Config Editor", and two your "Docs" folder which contain manuals and such for helping you out with the current version of the sim. When you first open the config editor, just point the executable box to the exe file in your main folder. It's name is RedViper.exe then your good to modify all those folders in the config editor to your likeing. If you just click the text on an item you get a description of what it does to the right which is very helpful. There is tons more, but the manual in the docs folder will help out with all you will ever want to know about the sim. Now days sims are Not just install and fly, it's all about personalization ;) Your main folder is where this will all happen to with downloaded skins, sounds, etc etc etc! PS. Here there is a FAQ I think about the sim, and also over at the free falcon boards there is a FAQ about your common questions... http://www.freefalcon.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6

Edited by RCAV8R

No worries mate :no: Open your main folder. It's location should be here C:\MicroProse\Falcon4. In there, you will find two things that are very important. One, near the bottom the "Red Viper Config Editor", and two your "Docs" folder which contain manuals and such for helping you out with the current version of the sim. When you first open the config editor, just point the executable box to the exe file in your main folder. It's name is RedViper.exe then your good to modify all those folders in the config editor to your likeing. If you just click the text on an item you get a description of what it does to the right which is very helpful. There is tons more, but the manual in the docs folder will help out with all you will ever want to know about the sim. Now days sims are Not just install and fly, it's all about personalization ;) Your main folder is where this will all happen to with downloaded skins, sounds, etc etc etc! PS. Here there is a FAQ I think about the sim, and also over at the free falcon boards there is a FAQ about your common questions... http://www.freefalcon.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6

Mmm, I forgot to mention I have the Allied Force version.

Be surprised if you can make that change in AF - but look around and see if there is a similar editor for AF (maybe Frugals) - I havnt seen anything like that though myself.

MigBuster is right. Allied Force is a complete package, signed sealed and delivered. If you have tried messing with the sounds options in the sim, aka, Settings or Options, then your next bet would be to contact Lead Pursuit. They are the only way get help on this then I am afraid :blink: