One is Good 2 is better 3 or more..........= One hot bird :groupwave:

Version 0.95 posted...this will replace the current F-102 in it's entirety.

Most of the natural metal skins should still work, the camo skins may need some slight tweaking.

FC

Here's the Change to the Decal.INI to make the eariler Skins working......

Change:

[Decal001]

MeshName=Fuselage <<<<<<

DecalLevel=0

DecalFacing=LEFT

FilenameFormat=Insignia

Position=3.651, -0.404

Rotation=0.0

To this:

[Decal001]

MeshName=IntakeAssembly <<<<<<<

DecalLevel=0

DecalFacing=LEFT

FilenameFormat=Insignia

Position=3.651, -0.300

Rotation=0.0

Scale=1.0

DecalMaxLOD=4

This will make the Insignia show on the Intakes....

I'll Update My Skins accordingly......

331KillerBee

Here's a look at the Change...

sea51.jpg

Will be Updating the Skins I've uploaded and will have them out soon....

Edited by 331Killerbee

Ah crap...I forgot about that. Some parts were renamed during my machinations, so some decals may not work anymore. Most of the major parts stayed the same name though...so hopefully not too much was shifted.

FC

It's the only Change to the Decal.INI. Yes, The Skins need updating some. But very little. I should have Mine all updated by Tomorrow. They are easy fixes. Great Job FC, Veltro2K, Ordway and Team. Great Job!

That SEA skin is VERY cool...

I"ll be expecting some Greek and Turkish variants over the coming weeks, yes??? :wink:

Oh, and I"d like to request the ADC version with "Happy Holligan" decals!!! :yes:

My personal thanks to all who help Veltro out on this (my contribution is just simple, easy to make hangar screens..)

wrench

kevin stein

A quick question about the Dagger's armament.

I know the Dart's standard loadout was two AIM-4Fs on the forward rails and two AIM-4Gs on the rear rails. The rear missiles were always fired first because being IR guided if they were fired the other way around they would tend to lock onto the radar guided missiles rather than the target. Was it the same for the Dagger?

LloydNB

I believe so, yes. The loadout included in the release does not reflect this due to the limitations of the TW engine in regards to weapon stations and animations. You can change this yourself, but be advised, you will get visual anomalies when firing weapons with automatic bays (weapons firing through the aircraft).

Bugs noted so far that were not noted in the readme include:

1. Main ini file needs tweaked to increase proper visual range.

2. Holes in the 'love handles' and pitot(?) need to be plugged.

3. Interior of the intakes needs to be detached to avoid decal bleed in intake area.

Things to fix while fixing the stuff listed above:

1. Rejigger the shock values for the landing gear.

2. Possibly 'toe out' the missiles slightly.

For those who have seen the 'rudder' fix posted here, realize that although this fixes the appearance and handling of the aircraft in the air, your ground handling will now be opposite of your rudder input (ie, with LEFT rudder, the aircraft and nose wheel will steer to the RIGHT, and vice versa). All the author of the 'fix' did was 'uncomment' out the lines I commented out in the first place. What really needs to happen is the aerodynamics of that particular surface need to be changed which is beyond my ability to fix.

FC

I know the Dart's standard loadout was two AIM-4Fs on the forward rails and two AIM-4Gs on the rear rails. The rear missiles were always fired first because being IR guided if they were fired the other way around they would tend to lock onto the radar guided missiles rather than the target. Was it the same for the Dagger?

LloydNB

Different than the Six, the F-102 typically carried a mix of IR and radar Falcons in each set of three, I would guess to help increase the PK on the target. I can check the manuals, but I believe that the pilot can select either the fwd three, the rear three, or salvo all 6 at once. Alternately, the 2.75 inch rockets can be fired singly, all 12, or all 24 (before the AIM-26 mod of course, already mentioned in these posts). The AIM-4A/C were missiles used most often until 1963-64 when the AIM-4D replaced the AIM-4C IR model (the -4D is white/red, the others were all red). The AIM-4E/F/G are physically larger and will not fit on the deuce.

Edited by mppd

For those who have seen the 'rudder' fix posted here, realize that although this fixes the appearance and handling of the aircraft in the air, your ground handling will now be opposite of your rudder input (ie, with LEFT rudder, the aircraft and nose wheel will steer to the RIGHT, and vice versa). All the author of the 'fix' did was 'uncomment' out the lines I commented out in the first place. What really needs to happen is the aerodynamics of that particular surface need to be changed which is beyond my ability to fix.

FC

FC I went ahead and deleted that file. That way it doesn't mess up the work you put into the work around. Stuff like that just caused confusion.

Cliff11 can PM if he has any questions.

Actually, I'm an idiot.

Apparently, the lines I commented out actually do work properly without adversely affecting ground handling or nose wheel steering. Cliff11 was correct in uncommenting those lines...I'm sorry for not trying it before automatically dismissing it.

It used to not be that way, something must have changed to allow those lines to not affect ground handling.

New file will be up momentarily.

FC

New F-102 file up (Version 0.96).

Most issues brought up since 0.95 have been fixed, including decal bleed, rudder, etc.

Also includes version 5 of ordway's cockpit mod.

FC

Updated F-102A sent to Veltro2K for his signoff. Assuming he approves, you'll see it here soon.

post-12105-1240802247_thumb.jpg

FC

Will be using that "IR" blister to hunt/scout for trucks coming down the Ho Chi Minh Trail...

mr-burns-excellent.jpg

no longer available

...i find out that they are still in the nato fighter's pack... ( nf 5 pack zip 6 , column, ) and in the A-TEAM SKUNWORKS...page the TF-102 in beta release....!!!

Just to ask : is there a turkish 1974 skin for this aircraft ?

Thnak you in advance

For the f-102a that is here...free..yes. (Also for the razbam..pay model. )

..i think ..the TUAF..had a silver skin...

But anyway...they are both silver and camo skin's..in the plane.Use generic skin..with nation turkey.

The camo is in the skin's section...by bee....make it...!

http://combatace.com/files/file/8831-509th-fis-f-102a-by-331killerbee-updated/

camo by killerbee

http://combatace.com/files/file/8763-sea-f-102a-drop-tank-skin/

for the tank...

and for silver...just use a generic....!

Is almost all the same...without the red...tail's...for usa..