Sign in to follow this  
Vonduck

Help please ......!

Hi folks - new chap here!

I have installed the game, the expansion pack and the update in that order. After flying however, when i press the 'ESC' button to end the mission i go straight to the desktop and the game has been terminated! Its like im pressing Alt-Q all the time.

I have set the keystrokes to default but still no joy! Any idea on how this could be remedied? Its such a good game don't want to get irritated with not being able to save campaigns etc!

Cheers

Doug

If you're running the sim in Vista, follow this link:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=26451

I think it's a Vista problem, and one of the fixes found there cures it. TK is working on Vista versions of the sim right now, but many have been helped by these temporary fixes.

Heck

Thanks so much - indeed i am running Vistax64. Will report back with any results!

Cheers!

Doug

Welcome Doug...

A big shout to you from Sunny Scotland..Hope you get your wee prob sorted out, its a great game, especially 'all patched up' and its a good community here..there are many great 'First Eagles' downloads at Combat Ace and Many great add ons, both aircraft and Ground Objects, as well as excellent Hangar Screens and Menu Packs (as well as Peters excellent work with Flight Models etc..) so hopefully you should have lots of Fun with this game..;0)

All the best and enjoy your game..im still running mine on a low Spec System on Windows XP and luckily its still works very well!!!!

Rab Watson (Sockboy)

Fife

Scotland

Thanks so much - indeed i am running Vistax64. Will report back with any results!

Cheers!

Doug

Awesome chaps!!

The link to the vista fix indeed did work! MAny thnaks for that!

I have a list of DL to get to mod the game and spice up the graphics. I run it at 1920x1600 full res and looks lovely!

Many thanks again my friends!

Kia Ora from New Zealand!

I have exactly the same problem,and have tried the same fix,and it had no effect whatsoever,although on Instant Action I do go to the Debrief screen[why just that mode only? Is that a clue?],but not on other modes.

This isn't just a Vista problem,as it happened on my XP machine as well.

Also,I noticed that it only started happening after I installed the Expansion Pack.

Has anybody got any other ideas that might help,please?

:sad:

I have exactly the same problem,and have tried the same fix,and it had no effect whatsoever,although on Instant Action I do go to the Debrief screen[why just that mode only? Is that a clue?],but not on other modes.

This isn't just a Vista problem,as it happened on my XP machine as well.

Also,I noticed that it only started happening after I installed the Expansion Pack.

Has anybody got any other ideas that might help,please?

:sad:

It is a Vista issue which should be sorted with the next patch - in your case it sounds like the install is screwed.

Had you changed anything in your original FE install before installing the Expansion Pack?

I would say reinistall FE, then Exp1 then the latest Patch - backing up any changes if you want to keep them.

Excellent advice from Mig Buster. I would only add that you try and get an unmodded (FE+EP+Patch) version up and running before you add anything else. Then add any mods one at a time checking for problems as you go. Some third party aircraft can cause CTDs. The fix for that is here.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=12148

The fix for Vista does work. Make sure you follow the directions exactly.

Thanks, but I have no mods added,and never did have...and yes,I've uninstalled and reinstalled already,both on Vista and XP SP3[which I assure you it does affect,although I've not tried the mentioned fix on that at the moment as I uninstalled it when I put it on the Vista machine],using the same files for both.

I have followed the instructions exactly.

From that I'm beginning to wonder if the expansion pack downloaded correctly,although I've not seen it cause any problems in-game except for the Esc problem,so I would think that is unlikely,but possible,but I don't want to pay for another download.

Looks like I might have to run it without the expansion pack added,which makes it a bit pointless buying it,unless anyone can think of anything else to help.

Hmmm....You are saving the modded WWICambraiData.ini and WWIVerdunData.ini and putting each in their respective wwiCambrai and wwiVerdun folders? Try the Flightengine.ini update and see if that works.

If you think there may be a problem with the download, try contacting TK at the Thirdwire forum. I doubt you'll have to pay to redownload it.

Thanks Tailspin,I think that sorted it......I might see if that solves my XP problem with it too,just out of interest. :clapping:

Good deal! You shouldn't have to disable the shaders in XP. Just a guess but I'm thinking the flightengine.ini fix will take care of your XP CTDs. :good: