Green Hell 2

This is version 2.0 of my Green Hell mod for WoV. Main goal of this mod is to add dense tree coverage to the Vietnam map. New in the 2.0 are the heavily populated city tiles. Most of the files from 1.0 have been remade, adjusted or added.

Quick summary:

-Three levels of detail for you to choose from.

-All new jungle graphics

-Cities, the way they should be. More or less :-)

-Objects numbers per tile vary from x2 up to x4 more than in GH.

-All foliage graphics replaced by new, better blending with the terrain textures, and in higher resolution.

-More detail added to the villages, as an attempt to create better looking settlements, but still limited to what Terrain Editor can offer.

-Generally nicer views, lower framerates ;-)

Great work,

Thanks very much :biggrin::good:

Damn, it looks great!

will it run under a merged WoE-install too???

Damn, it looks great!

will it run under a merged WoE-install too???

Why wouldn't it? :wink: I run it in heavily moded WoI with all stuff from TW jet sims...

Can the "Shimmering" fix be applied to the city buildings?

I've applied the fix for the trees, which look superb, but some of the city buildings are "shimmering".

City buildings shouldn't shimmer at all... They render in a bit different way (different rendering and texture options, different .tod object types).

If you applied the fix for the trees, there shouldn't be any shimmering building left... Some that could shimmer (arcades, gates, some huts) before are in fact... trees used as buildings in clever way:

These burned village and decaying ruins above are treated as trees by game, by applying the trees anty-shimmering fix you should eliminate such effect on these too..

High anizotropy filtering could do the trick. I might aswell upload slightly changed texture...

I tracked the bug. It's caused by my mistake in placement -on some city tiles, saeveral buildings were placed one inside another, creating the shimmering effect. In fact it's clipping issues with their rooftops. Will fix it.

Edited by CA_Stary

Quick fix uploaded should be approved soon.

Everytime I play WOV with Green Hell 2 installed, along with fix, the game crashes when I hit the ESC button. My system uses Vista Home Premium Edition. What do I need to do?

Hazen Cowan

P.S. : Did I mention that I also have the Yankee Air Pirate Terrain installed as well?

Little question...

In terraindata:

TerrainMesh]

TextureThreshold=0.80

LowDetailMeshThreshold=0.50

MedDetailMeshThreshold=0.30

TileToHeightGridRatio=4

RenderMeshVertexCount=16384

//12288

RenderMeshIndexCount=16384

SolidObjectVertexCount=16384

//12288

SolidObjectIndexCount=16384

AlphaObjectVertexCount=16384 <----------by lowering this I should get less trees say I use 12288

//12288 //6144

AlphaObjectIndexCount=16384<-------------this setting must match the one above so it hsould be 12288 as well?

//16384

Thanks

Basically, yes. I use this to have full tod displayed, as i wrote in readme, some tiles have 750+ "tree clusters", with increased visibility some won't display. I experienced with as much as around 1200+ trees, but the overall hard coded limit I think is 999

(tod file ini format)

Great terrain but I seem to have tiles shimmering in the water...any fix for this?

tks

Not sure why, but after installing, either low, Md or high versions of the files.. i get a "woV has stopped working" error... and back to the desktop i go.

i have tried using other mods., and have no issues but im not sure why this one is causing this problem. Any ideas?

I am using Vista Home Prem.

Not sure why, but after installing, either low, Md or high versions of the files.. i get a "woV has stopped working" error... and back to the desktop i go.

i have tried using other mods., and have no issues but im not sure why this one is causing this problem. Any ideas?

I am using Vista Home Prem.

Vista is the keyword...

ThirdWire titles are officially unsupported by Vista currently, but there solutions:

Open VietnamSEA_data.ini included in Green Hell 2 mod, and disable the shaders:

Under [WaterTextureMaterial] tab delete or comment out the lines:

UseEffectShader=TRUE

EffectShaderName=WaterEffect.fx

Do the same do for [NormalTextureMaterial] section:

UseEffectShader=TRUE

EffectShaderName=TerrainEffect.fx

Save the file and try again.

OR

Update your WoV with the October 2008 patch

hope this will help you

Saaay... two newb questions:

First, do I still need to install Brain32's VietnamSEA Tile Repaint v1.0 separately, or is it incorporated into GH v2?

Second, is GH2 compatible with JSGME? (I ask because the mod creates new High/Medium/Low detail folders, and I don't know if that will confuse JSGME. Told ya I was a newbie.)

Thanks!

Yes you still need vietnam_sea repaint but install that first then install GH2 and overwrite when asked, otherwise you will loose the excellent work Stary did on the rice paddies.

Also I think GH2 will work on default tiles too as this was my first set and I blindly followed the original tiles when creating it.

As for JSGME..well I don't even know what that is lol Some kind of ModManager?