Sign in to follow this  
Lambda

Buffet sound programming request for corner speed use.

8) guys,sorry my english, but i'll try to explain my self.It is a request:

By now i have more flying hours in real plane but i'm getting baddly adicted to figther sims like SF-P1. When i was young i flew the F-5E Tiger II in my country( Chile) . We use it as a figther intercept craft doing his job pretty well,regadless of his weight to thrust ratio at T.O.

Well here's the one.Ive being flying diferent sims but no one as come with a little but very needed ( in my opinion) option.Old aircraft with old simbol generators cannot give us in the hud a relation or in fact the cornner speed needed to out perform or try to opponets , so we used to use buffet technics flying. All aircrafts near buffet speed start to flutter and u can here the vibrating sound as well,so u can realize were u are without looking hud speed , just maintaining ur foe Tally ( Life) .So i request if possible do some work on sound program to actually recreate the buffet boundary , it will be very productive to fight ur craft at corner speed if needed . Thanks for ur time and apollogize my bad English.....

Good point...If you use the hard flight settings this buffet point is always just a touch of the stick away,it seems.I seem to always ride "The ragged edge of disaster" :D

I have noticed this too in SF. I figured it was turbulance or something being modelled, but it seems to occur whenever pulling high G in a turn. You get a little wing waggle as your speed drops and you enter that stall area. It's pretty cool. I only noticed it on the phantom so far though.

F100 does it at about 160 knots...it also does it when it trans**tions from LEF-open to LEF-Closed flight at 290 if you start a high g turn right then..

DK