Sign in to follow this  
MadJeff

Falcon 4 Gold Announced

God help us all. In a partnership that seems to come straight from hell itself, G2Interactive has teamed up with Xicat to bring out Falcon 4 Gold. Here's the press release from Xicat

The Pinnacle of Flight Sims is Back! Xicat Interactive and G2 Interactive Bring Falcon 4 Gold: Operation Infinite Resolve to the PC

Upgraded version of Falcon 4.0 – the quintessential combat flight-sim – is set for takeoff.

London, UK – 01 October, 2003, Get ready to experience the Falcon F-16 like you never have before! Xicat Interactive has partnered with G2 Interactive to bring the title, Falcon 4.0 Gold: Operation Infinite Resolve (Falcon: OIR) to the PC CD-ROM in October 2003. Falcon OIR takes the award winning Falcon 4.0 and pushes it to the next level. Fans will be able to enjoy enhanced game play but relive the experience that made the original such a big hit. Xicat will distribute the title worldwide.

Falcon: OIR is a single or multiplayer air combat simulation set in the Korean peninsula. Take the role of a F-16 or A-10 jet pilot and fight your way through a real-time war in progress. Falcon: OIR’s superb 3D photo realistic, texture-mapped graphics and detailed models of F-16 and A-10 avionics, weapons and threats will provide a truly realistic combat flight simulation experience. The ongoing simulation of a complex air/land/sea battle, called the Campaign Manager, will create all of the tension, chaos and adventure that

exist in modern air combat.

‘Falcon: OIR is set to be a big hit’ says Brad Flack, US Director of Sales for Xicat Interactive. ‘Falcon OIR’s predecessor sold hundreds of thousands of units. The new missions, user interface, graphics and aircraft combine to take this award winning Flight Sim to another level.’

Special features will include:

• New graphics features that take advantage of the latest graphic card technology and higher

resolution settings

• New missions and scenarios – bomb targets, perform intercept operations, and more

• Brand new flight model for a new aircraft addition – the A10 Warthog

• Newly designed user interface allows custom pilot creation, campaign tracking, stats and more

• Upgraded Physics and flight dynamics on all aircraft

• Low level turbulence makes the A-10 realism intense

• Realistic weapons, systems, radar and ECM modelling

Falcon 4.0 Gold: Operation Infinite Resolve will be available on PC CD-ROM in October 2003. For more information please visit the official product website at http://www.falcon4gold.com.

Falcon 4.0 Gold Site

G2Interactive Site

Xicat's Press Release in PDF format

Bare with me its my first post on a board anywhere.Theres one word in that post MadJeff that caught my attention.That word is Xicat :o

All I can say is, "Holy s**t!" I can't believe they're releasing a new version of Falcon 4.0. Thats totally awesome.

And kinda disturbing, considering I hadn't heard a word of it till now.

Didn't I see like all of that stuff in SP3...hmm interesting Xicat you worthless pieces of sh..... <_<

I have mixed feelings about F4OIR. Being a hard core simmer, I can`t imagine

going below standards of SP3. I was really looking forward to SP4!

And it looks like it`s not gonna happen. I don`t want to speculate too much

on what OIR is or is not. Does anybody know any more details then what was

announced by G2Interactive?

Actually, the software itself should be good since it is basically SP3+Hitiles+BMS. And considering that Jam or Jamm0r of BoB fame is working on new execs for the sim, it really shouldn't be that bad. Now as far as Claude's, the CEO of G2I, handling of this whole situation, it has been pathetic and it is no surprise that Xicat is publishing this.

Also, SP4 can continue. I hope it will be compatible with OIR otherwise I am sticking to the SPx series.

Found this on simnews site. nice attitude of G2Interavtive i think. Good way of killing of the product and the community.

With the announcement from G2Interactive regarding the upcoming release of Falcon Gold: OIR, Claude Cavanaugh--president of G2I--has officially told the Falcon 4 Unified Team that they must stop further development of SuperPAK 4.0 and none of it may be publically released. Below are the rest of his requests:

1) all work on SP4 is to stop.

2) none of the work on SP4 is to be released to the public

3) all of the data edits made for SP4 are to be handed over to G2i interactive within 5 days.

4) all work on the ViperOps exe or any derivative thereof is to stop

5) none of the work of VO or any derivative is to be released to the public

6) all of the exe changes in VO or any derivative are to be handed over to G2i within 5 days.

7) failure to comply with items 1-6 will result in legal prosecution under the criminal conspiracy laws and the Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act. (UCTIA)

9) note that if the data edits for SP4 and the exe changes for VO are destroyed or intentionally damaged, then prosecution will definitely occur

10) compliance with items 1-6 will result in termination of any legal actions currently in discussion.

11) complete compliance with items 1-6 will result in the free G2i release of SP4 to the public for public use (both SP4 and VO and its derivative work must all be handed over for this to happen).

Adamgul :angry:

The above has already been retracted by Claude and SP4 edits can now continue. He thought that SP4 had exe edits which it doesn't. He even issued an apology for the above.

I just don't know if I can trust this software company agian. I bought the repackage Hornet ie: PSF, and I wasted $39.99. Don't get me wrong it still the top notched Hornet, but I coulda save some bucks.

I think I'll wait for the reviews before jumping in this time.

BirdDogg

Smart move birddogg, I'm leery about anything from that company.

I too, will wait for the reviews..............

savagkc

Xicat has me leary as well, but it looks like OIR will be SP+hitiles+bms (benchmark sims modified exes) so since I like that combo plus the few extra things that OIR is throwing in, it might be worth the while, but again Xicat, blech!

If they really wanted to do something with falcon4 they would add a couple more flyable planes with cockpits and original flight models (not modified F16 flight models) and update the graphics.

All they really need to do is update the graphics but the code has been out for how long and nobody has touched the graphics so far, I find that wierd.

All these guys are doing is trying to prophit off of SP3. that's pretty lame and I hope people dont get googoo eyed and think this will be something new. Save your money and download SP3, thats what you will be paying for anyway.

If they really wanted to do something with falcon4 they would add a couple more flyable planes with cockpits and original flight models (not modified F16 flight models) and update the graphics.

All they really need to do is update the graphics but the code has been out for how long and nobody has touched the graphics so far, I find that wierd.

All these guys are doing is trying to prophit off of SP3. that's pretty lame and I hope people dont get googoo eyed and think this will be something new. Save your money and download SP3, thats what you will be paying for anyway.

I agree with you Seawolf on the cockpits. But when it comes to those modified

F-16 flight models - in some cases (F/A-18 for instance) they did a hell of a job!

(From what I`ve been told) Small details like: during takeoff, if the Hornet is

not trimmed properly - you`ll notice slight resistance in nose coming up, especially

when you rotate too late. etc., etc. And graphics, yea :(

Well after reading the FAQ it says these aircraft will be added as well but it doesnt say whether they are flyable or not, but the A10 is supposed to be and its in the list. F4,F14,FA18,Mig29, and the A10. Hard to make out what they mean by added. I assume these are already in SP3.

Any new word on a release date for Falcon Gold?

Also, I've seen several online store listing Falcon V as coming out in December. Any truth to this?

it will be out by xmas for definite  :D

Falcon Gold is (most likely)

Falcon V is gonna take a while!

well from what i have heard it wont take 2 years thats for sure as wil be sooner than that but definitely not this xmas for falcon 5