Was just wonderig what people here like to fly in, what's your favorite aircraft to fly missions in and why.

For me it's quite obvious. With all the screen shots that I post, the tomcat is my number one bird to do battle in. I do some bug and super bug flying now and then. But the tomcat was (and in some cases, still is) the ultimate fighter jet flying around in the 80's when I was a kid, and I naturally became a big fan of it (Top Gun was not an influence since I never really saw the movie until I was 10... 1990... I bet I just made a few folks here feel a bit old :biggrin: ). It was the airshows that I went to as a kid where I got to know the F-14. Anyways, I use to fly a lot of vipers in these sims, but ever since I've been able to fully upgrade the avionics, exterior/interior cosmetics, and flight performance of the F-14, it's been very hard for me to get out of it's seat. However, I've recently been doing some Phantom missions since I've also just recently updated the HUD and avionics on it too... Took down two Flankers in it last night with the AIM-7P.

I love the variety but if I had to choose then I'd go the Phantom F-4E with the 'Thud' a close second. Mission wise, I prefer STRIKE as you inevitably get a chance to dogfight as well!

Most of my flights are in Mig-21 versions, becouse I often testing skins and other WIPs for czechoslovak Mig-21 family.

I fly the F-15A, the F-9J, the F-14, and the F-106 almost to the exclusion of others, but I fly the F-4E roughly 80% of the time.

I usually fly Any of the F-15 Variants(Mostly E & C),The EuroFighter or the F-16C

sounds like we like the same planes... my favorite jet from the 80's was the F-4S Phantom I do a lot of flying in it as well as a what if version of it with a modern HUD / Avionics/weapons. I also love the F-14A/D and F-18A.

I really dig the new mirage factory A-7E and have kicked a lot of virtual butt in it. Been flying heavily edited version of Capuns Whale/ A-3D with a new cockpit.. very nice. The RF-8G from YAP kicks A**!!! A very cool person

from this site hooked me up with a low vis skin for it. My first mission with it was insane I had to recon an airbase, half way in I picked up Migs from There on the whole mission was tree top level balls out, every thing that could shoot at me was shooting at me and red crown keeps calling out new bogies : I'm being chased by Mig 29's into an ambush of SU-27s located twenty miles beyond my objective and headed my way, when here come a flight of Mig 21's and another of Mig 23's rolling in on my target the whole area lights up with sam activity and I realize that some friendly F-15s and F-4F ICE are working the Migs. just as I was making my photo pass we got jumped by a couple of flankers and the flight of fishbeds. I got my photos and we ran like hell... over 700kts right on the deck. the SU -27s threw everything they had at us but the mig 21s were having trouble keeping up(not for a lack of trying) right about that time my wing man got hit, not bad but enough to slow him down. Just as I was fearing the worst those F-4F ICE birds show up again and blow both Su-27s out of the sky. We continued to dodge AAA and Sams for most of the ride home. I toggled to map mode to check the position of the Mig 21's and they had fallen so far behind that they were no longer an serious threat soon they gave up on us and headed for home. we made it home on fumes. This was one of the greatest missions I have ever flown on any sim and I never even fired a shot!!! Talk about exhilaration. The Yap RF-8G rules!!!! So does their RF-4B Also love the F-4N /F-8E/J and the A-4SE could I forget them!!

When I fly Air force birds I like The F-15E the F-22/ F-106/ F-16ADF/ F-4G/ F-4E/ F-4E+super phantom/ F-16C/ F-15A/C / A-10/ and lets not forget the awesome F-111F or the FB-111

Edited by Icarus999

I like the Hunter F.6 with Winders.

i love me some mud moving with the A-10.... but occasionally i will fly whatever else looks tempting at the time. even tho i was stationed at a base with 4 squads of F-16's im not really all that fond of them.

I fly mostly the F-4 family and the F-14s but I do find some time to take the Draken for a spin or two

The Sufa has been very good to me so I'll go with that one, along with the AV-8B and the EF2000. Once I fly the Supa Hornet I'll probably stick to that depending on how it shakes out.

Well, I always fly with all my planes, but if I had to choose, I probably would choose the Su-33 for its maneuverability, its firepower and its aerodynamic line, which, personally, I see only on a couple of aircraft, the F -18, F-16, F-15 and the Eurofighter

Edited by Lorddemonicus

Well before I learned ATI is nearly not supported by the game lol I was USAF all the way, primarly my fav. plane ever - the F-15 Eagle, also I used EF-2000 and Gripen A LOT, Navy planes came after that(F-14/F-18)

As for the bad guys MiG-21F-13 is probably most used, then Su-27/33 and recently MiG-31 and J-10A

A-1H - CAS

F-4F & MiG-29G Air 2 Air

RF-84F - Recon

F-104G - Strike

F-14s, as I tried to make an F-14+ (Kai) from Macross Zero with .ini edits. Then the Supa Hornet n MiG-29s. Before all the mods and add-ons I've been installing in my WOV, often the F-8 and A-4... Or I'll fly whatever comes in mind when I start the game :biggrin:

I mostly play WoV and in that game fly F-4B/F-4D/F-4E/F-4J and MiG-21PFM.

I like the challenge of early missiles/no gun and unslatted wings with the F-4B and F-4D in 1966 (I never fly with gunpods and strip them off my wingmen as well).

The F-4B is what I use for carrier ops.

When I want a gun, nice missiles, and slatted wings, I fly the F-4E in 1972.

The F-4J provides carrier ops and even nicer missiles (AIM-9G/H) than the F-4E, but lacking the gun and slats means I fly it a lot less than any other F-4.

For me, the MiG-21PFM has the best balance of looks, performance, and armament: 4 missiles and a gun with adequate power and turning ability.

I know the MF is more powerful and carries more fuel, but I think the PFM looks prettier :biggrin:

The cockpit of the MiG-21C is by far the best for dogfighting (less window frame), but has the least power and only two missiles.

When I play WoE, I rotate fairly evenly between the AV-8A, A-10A, and F-15A... if I am going to fly F-4D/E, I want historical Vietnam.

With the release of WoI, I have shifted my playing habits to flying primarily F-4E in 1973 and F-15A in 1982.

When WoV is fully patched up to WoI standards, I will probably go back to focusing on WoV :good:

I use SFP1 for messing with mods or... flying the F-104G.

I used to fly the F-104 a lot, but as I am a beta tester for TK, I usually end up playing the latest releases to help with debugging them.

When SFP1 is fully patched up to WoI standards, I will certainly squeeze in more F-104G time.

Prefer things that cause pain to just fly at the mo :

WOV F-104C + 2 x AIM-9Bs, A-1H/J, A-4B

F-5A/C/E challenge in A-G but not in A-A - even had to jammy the F-5E flight model into the A/Cs to retrict their flip over manouverability.

WOE F-104A/A-19/C/G, Hunter guns only

Least used are the F-15/F-16 - too easy even after a major soviet AA missile overhaul

For now, Tomcats. After the Flankers and Fulcrums start coming out, it will change.

Even though I've got all the versions of the game, I still tend to stick with WOV... all those nights watching Walter Cronkite on TV with shots of F-4B's and F8's shooting off the deck nailed me in my childhood.

But even then - the MF's F-14 is a big time favourite, for all the reason's everybody else has mentioned. But when it's all said and done, it comes down to two: The A-6, and the MF's F-8D... just gotta love guns only dogfights with Mig-17's...

SB

Not much of a surprise here:

gallery_22093_126_115434.jpg

F-8J Crusader.

Honorable mention:

gallery_22093_126_54403.jpg

F-8B Crusader.

The F-8D & E are also nice aircraft. :biggrin:

Edited by Gocad

You all know what I fly mostly.

Apart from that, tend to fly RAF only. Tornado, Jaguar & Harrier.

Have a soft spot for MF's latest A-7's too.

Then again, depends on my mood I suppose. Have been know to strap a Mig to my ass on occaison (metaphorically speaking of course), tovarisch ! :biggrin:

Eagle, Hercules, and MirageIII.

Mirages (and offsprings) here. I'm also quite fond of the F-4. Some ride in F-14/F-16/F-15 are always welcome, by the way.

Usually in given game:

WoV -Skyraider from Charlie's Aces mostly, then Scooter or Crusader, mood dependent

WoE -A-10 or Harrier

WoI -Nesher or Vautour, depending on what I want to blow

SFP Gold - Scooter (but I don't play it these days :sorry: )