Wrench

Seversky P-35A Guardsman Skin & Ini Update Pak

index.php?autocom=downloads&req=display&code=sst&id=7105

File Name: Seversky P-35A Guardsman Skin & Ini Update Pak

File Submitter: Wrench

File Submitted: 8 Aug 2008

File Category: USAAC/USAAF

Seversky P-35 "Guardsman", USAAF, Skin and Ini Pak, For SF/WoV/WoE PTO installs

This semi-complete package contains ini modifications and a reskin of the Dev A-Team's P-35 Guardsman into those as used by the US Army Air Force, circa December, 1941, at the time of the attack on the Phillipine Islands.

I say 'semi-complete', as only the skin and decals, plus various updated inis are included in this mod. You MUST have the Dev A-Team's P-35 before installing this mod, as without it, this does you no good!!

The skin is based off the original USAAC Natural Metal, and was built from a new template created off that skin. All new panel, rivet lines, and other details were drawn by me, but still based off Gramps' original. New 'simulated fabric' textures have been added to the control surfaces. New decals, for 36 indvidual aircraft, are included.

It represents aircraft from the 34th Pursuit Squadron, 23th Pursuit Group, based at Del Carmen Field, PI. Aircraft #23 was one of the few airborne during the first attacks, and scored a kill against a Zero.

Several updated/revamped/fiddled with inis are included; data, loadout, main as well as 2 cockpit inis...and a new Hangar Screen, too. NEW damage tgas have also been created for that 'shot up' look.

A quick note about cockpits: I've suppled 2 seperate cockpit inis, each based off different cockpits. It's my intention to replace the Hurricane's as used in the original release, with something slightly closer to Real Life ™. The 2 inis are based off of Wolf257's P-40B Tomahawk or the P-47D-20 Razorback Jug. You will get to choose which you perfer. See below in the "Selecting Cockpits" in the Install Instructions

-= NOTE: You MUST have the Bunyap Weapons Pak of 6/06 to get the WW2 weapons and guns and such =-

= NOTE: You MUST have the Dev A-Team's P-35 Guardsman to install this pakage into (duh!!) =

= NOTE: You MUST have Wolf257s WW2 Planes Pak for the P-40B/Tomahawk OR P-47D-20 Thunderbolt Cockpit folder =

- This mod has been tested in SF, WoV and WoE. This mod is NOT reccomended for use in a WW2 style install of WoI, as it handles prop flight models in "an odd way".

It is HIGHLY suggested that you read the enclosed readme COMPLETLY THROUGH before installing this pak; you will have some choices to make, and all is explained herein.

So, read the readme -- it's got detailed, step-by-step instructions, blah, blah, blah. You know the drill!! :wink: The Notes and Comments section might make interesting reading, too.

Happy Hunting!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Click here to download this file

Another day, another update!

THANK YOU KEVIN !

Perfect addition for Baltika's Philippines campaign! And for incoming Burma too..

Edit:

I'll take the Jug pit :smile:

Edited by CA_Stary

Is there any oher site where I can download the original mod?

You would need to pray hard to dev team to give you a password to download it from their site.

You have to go through them to get it. Unfortunatley, Capun's laid up right now with broken ribs, so it may take a while to get approval. (no, I don't know how he did it)

Just keep trying; he'll get 'round to it eventually.

Wrench

kevin stein

Hi Kevin,

Thanks very much for this update. Great stuff :good:

Cheers,

Baltika