Sign in to follow this  
Acidrain

COD 6 Confirmed! Exclusive Info

2009 release for follow-up to World At War; Infinity Ward to develop once again

The hype is still building for the fifith iteration in the Call Of Duty series, World At War, but Activision’s CEO Bobby Kotick has already confirmed that a sixth game is being lined up for 2009.

In an earnings call with investors, Kotick also said that the title would follow the series’ “leapfrog studio strategy” – indicating that development responsibilities would switch back from WoW creator Treyarch to COD4 dev Infinity Ward.

Read on...........

http://outpostgamez.com/story-976-COD-6-Co...usive-Info.html

WW2 Again?

:(

they should try something different, as vietnam

Vietnam's been done, look at the excellent (now very old) Vietcong for that. What about the Korean War. I think I've seen a whole 2 (count 'em) Korean War games!

Yeah, Treyarch only seem to do WWII versions of CoD. If IW went back to making WW2 versions, I'd be disappointed.

Vietnam has been done, it didnt do so hot in Battlefield series and the entire going back to WWII is getting rather boring IMO. They should perhaps go into areas such as Russia, Bulkins, Eastern Europe perhaps. There is alot of wars that havent been played out or shown in game, small wars that many dont know about but have been declassified.

heard about it... can't wait... even if its a WWII game :)

btw, CoD 7 should be about Israel wars..!

heard about it... can't wait... even if its a WWII game :)

btw, CoD 7 should be about Israel wars..!

That is a good idea, COD based on the Israeli conflict.

i'm glad to hear :)

now we have to tell the company and maybe it will happen :D

Later yesterday, COD7-18 were confirmed.

"We're not going to stop milking this thing until the public wises up" says Activision’s CEO Bobby Kotick. "All even-numbered ones will be WWII by Treyarch. COD12 will cover the fighting in Sevastopol. The entire game will be there. COD 16 is going to be a Japanese bunker in Okinawa. The odd-numbered games will be by IW and cover whatever else we think of. COD9 for example is going to be against the Shining Path in South America, while COD13 is just going to crash and be a buggy mess and we'll blame it on the number 13."

I hear this new COD is set in the future (maybe just a rumor).

CoD6 is the new, but it willl set in WW2

@Jedi Master

:rofl::rofl:

I heard about cod 6 (IW) turns back to present days.....I hope they'll do something ipotetical cold war scenario, 1950-80,various missions through Europe and Russia...flashbacks..

COD6 will be in present days folks, no doubt about it.....and it will be the only thing that makes sense, since from the COD2, the 4 was the only one that sold properly.

As for the new grounds....why dont make an COD in the African Terrain? I think were all tired of old and sandy terrains...

At least Far Cry 2 will cover that.

For sure, thats what i meant to imply. :wink:

But saying Africa it could be a lot of scenarios like south-america for exa. (reminding Red Mercury Rising...)

For sure, thats what i meant to imply. :wink:

But saying Africa it could be a lot of scenarios like south-america for exa. (reminding Red Mercury Rising...)

Iam looking forward to FarCry II and this theme of Africa!

WW2 Again?

:(

World at War was in development before COD 4 was release, look at the bright side, it's the pacific theater. There have been NO good games baced on the pacific.

World at War was in development before COD 4 was release, look at the bright side, it's the pacific theater. There have been NO good games baced on the pacific.

i still playing MOH Pacific assault or Rising sun :good:

I just recently replayed MOH: PA. Compared to the other MOH games, it just wasn't as good. I did enjoy Airborne quite a bit, though, although it was short for my tastes. Of course, it took me just as long to play MOHPA, about 8 hours!

As for WWI games, how can you be burned out on that? How many are there anyway??

I just recently replayed MOH: PA. Compared to the other MOH games, it just wasn't as good. I did enjoy Airborne quite a bit, though, although it was short for my tastes. Of course, it took me just as long to play MOHPA, about 8 hours!

Never played PA. I personally think that MOH: Frontline was the best.

Never played PA. I personally think that MOH: Frontline was the best.

PS1? :blink::blink::blink:

man...i think that was the worse FPS game i ever played.....maybe because i did in PS2....

whatever hehe

Frontline was on the PS2.

Rising Sun has to be the worst. Only fun missions were at Pearl Harbor (unfortinaly) and the sinking the IJN Carrier.