Sign in to follow this  
peter01

FM Update

Another update to the FM Packs for Oct 2007 EP. Will be available as a seperate download, as well as updates to the main packs. Will upload tonite, maybe tomorrow.

Fokker E3a - fixed having only one gun

Dh2, Tripe, N28, PfazD3 - improved, especially Tripe and Dh2 (also fixes double windscreen identified by Southside Bucky)

F2b, Dolphin, Se5a - Main reason for the update.

The Se5a is the trickiest of all FMs to get reasonable, and always has been due to the Aldis gunsight. It needs to be stable, which in EP means very "smooth" too, and doing that and getting performance, feel, stalls right is quite difficult. I'd say this one is pretty good.

From posts around the place it looks like a patch may be imminent, once that happens I'll more than likely look at FMs for that rather than updating FMs for the earlier EP version. But its good to get one reasonably good, as redoing FMs and AI will take some time.

Whether I do FMs depends on the patch itself ... whether it seems stable, what the changes are, what improvements. And of course, if I have time.

Cheers

Thanks for your continued work on this Peter....FMs seem like a art rather than a science...

FastCargo

Thanks again.

Sisyphus had it easy by comparison!

sinbad

Guest B. Bandy RFC
From posts around the place it looks like a patch may be imminent, once that happens I'll more than likely look at FMs for that rather than updating FMs for the earlier EP version. But its good to get one reasonably good, as redoing FMs and AI will take some time.

Whether I do FMs depends on the patch itself ... whether it seems stable, what the changes are, what improvements. And of course, if I have time.

Thank you for even considering FM's for future patches Peter. I FINALLY got around to getting some airtime in your latest FM pack, and WOW! Had a terrific time. The first mission from one of your campaigns took me into the hairiest fur-ball I've ever experienced. HOWEVER that said, I quickly saw all the graphics glitches all over again from last fall (which had been largely solved by the April patch): The BIG triangle in the sky, the fat white band at the horizon, etc... all likely due to an ATI graphics card...

Peter

Let me add my thanks to all the others, for all the hard work you have done in bringing more realism to FE, and ask a question. What is the function of the blocks headed [Dogfight***] in the ***_Data.ini files? I didn't notice these blocks in the original FE ***_Data.ini files, or did I miss something?

Mike

Hi Mike,

As you probably know, they are ai parameters relating to ai skill levels.

There are default values in the Aircraftobject.ini that are used if they are not defined in specific plane data files, the FMs. Putting them in the FMs allows you to refine ai skill level data for specific planes.

TK just uses the generic default ones, so no, they were not in the stock FMs.

Cheers

Hello, peter. First thanks for your great work on the fms. It's a wonderful gameplay improvement.

I just have a small doubt about the installation of one of the fm. In the tutorial you mention the Nieuport 16 by Monty CZ, but I only find the christian59's mod for this airplane. Is this one?

Thanks again

Hi helderm, yes, thats the one. Its MontyCZ's work, compiled and uploaded by christian59. I'll change the Readme so its clearer.

Here I am bothering you again, peter.  :biggrin:

In the "Unpatched_FMs_and_Campaigns" readme for FE you say we should download the P10ppy's Spad XII. Later you say "Copy Spad7_180 folder, rename to..... SPAD_XII". I'm confused... Should I keep the P10ppy fm or use the spad7_180 folder renamed to Spad XII?

No bother helderm, not surprised you are confused its incorrect, and appreciate you raising these errors.

You should download p10ppy's Spad 12 package.

Do not "Copy Spad7_180 folder, rename to..... SPAD_XII"....thats incorrect.

But yes, install the contents in the FM pack for the Spad12 to the Spad12 folder, ie my FM. The FM is the same as p10ppy's, I have just added ai parameters to make it fit with the rest of the planes as AI.

Hope that helps.

No bother helderm, not surprised you are confused its incorrect, and appreciate you raising these errors.

You should download p10ppy's Spad 12 package.

Do not "Copy Spad7_180 folder, rename to..... SPAD_XII"....thats incorrect.

But yes, install the contents in the FM pack for the Spad12 to the Spad12 folder, ie my FM. The FM is the same as p10ppy's, I have just added ai parameters to make it fit with the rest of the planes as AI.

Hope that helps.

It's clear now. Thanks for the quick reply. :grin:

Peter any chance your going to extend you flight model genious to some of the other Nieuport 17 versions?I know that mods were made to have a single or double wing gun.Thank you once again for all this work you have done to make First Eagles so much more than it originaly was.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=5386

No, no intention of doing that.

But anybody is welcome to use my FMs, if they want, and add the gun combo's.

You and Christian59 did that before?

No, no intention of doing that.

But anybody is welcome to use my FMs, if they want, and add the gun combo's.

You and Christian59 did that before?

well i just kind of half assed it,christian did all the real work once the lewis gun was made.A couple of times I tried to do it with your flight model and ended up confused and tired. :wink: