Sign in to follow this  
Roaster

Radio Speech Problem

I have tried and tried and searched and searched, I am fairly new to this much mucking about in the gubbins of games but I get no Radio or speech sounds in the game at all. I get the subtitles but no sounds. I have extracted the soundlist.ini and speechsystem.ini to see if there were any obvious errors and can see none, I have even dowloaded speech packs which replace the speechsystem.ini but this makes no difference. I have tried a clean install, same error and added all patches and hardware drivers. I have also tried changing the amount of channels in game but still makes no difference. the only things i can see are as follows, within the speechsystem.ini file i have the following concerns:-

[Concept002]

//MSN_SPC_TACC_TRAFFIC, (should this have "//" in front as i thought that meant ignore this line?)

Priority=FALSE

TargetFragmentID=SPC_TACC_LEAD_CALLSIGN

CallerFragmentID=SPC_TACC_TACC_CALLSIGN

BodyFragment001=SPC_TACC_TRAFFIC

BodyFragment002=SPC_TACC_CLOCK_POS

BodyFragment003=SPC_TACC_DISTANCE

BodyFragment004=SPC_TACC_ALTITUDE

BodyFragment005=SPC_TACC_HEADING

And......

[Fragment002]

Name=SPC_TACC_LEAD_CALLSIGN

NumVariation=35

SpeechFormat=T%dlead%03d.wav (this just looks odd, should it have the % signs in it as the *.wav file it points too does not)

All the fragment entries are similar with the % signs.

I have searched the knowledge base and am truely out of ideas on how to get this to work, i am running Vista 32-bit, SB Sound Audigy card and latest drivers.

Please help or advise

I would be reluctant to mess around with the speechsystem.ini, in all probability there is nothing wrong with the file, I would be inclined to look at your hardware again.

So you get no sound at all? you dont even get the music at the menu stage?

Assume you have been through the steps in the Vista thread?

But other games work okay? and you can play music etc?

Thing is the game works out of the box so I dont think anyones ever had to change those files above - although yes they are correct and should have those symbols in them since your askin - shame TW dont support Vista yet - Ive no idea if there is anything you can change that would get it working tbh.

Have you tried any earlier drivers for that sound card - latest drivers are not always the best.

So you get no sound at all? you dont even get the music at the menu stage?

Assume you have been through the steps in the Vista thread?

But other games work okay? and you can play music etc?

Thing is the game works out of the box so I dont think anyones ever had to change those files above - although yes they are correct and should have those symbols in them since your askin - shame TW dont support Vista yet - Ive no idea if there is anything you can change that would get it working tbh.

Have you tried any earlier drivers for that sound card - latest drivers are not always the best.

Thanks for the replies, i do get sounds just no speech sounds at all (i.e. Tower, wingman, etc). I have managed to sovle it as it was the EAX function that was causing the lack of these sounds, once I enabled this it all works (although has a crazy echo, but what the hey), again many thanks for your replies.