Sign in to follow this  
xeno2x

Help, No Bombs in FE

HI Guys: I purchased a copy of FE and the addon. These are installed and patched and every thing works except for the bombs. They just will not show up no matter where I move the Weapons directry to. I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks

Xeno2x

Looks like a little opppsy here...

Let's move this to the First Eagles Forum, where it belongs!!

Wrench

kevin stein

Only use it in stock form - the bombs only appear when I actually drop them though

Which aircraft? You should be seeing the Cooper bombs on the Camel, for example. Most of the German fighters have internal bomb compartments. If you are using third party A/C you will have to do some .ini editing.

I just noticed something. xeno2x, I see you are a new member here. I like to extend a hearty WELCOME to CombatACE! :good:

Glad to have you aboard. Looks like we had a little mix-up in forum categories but this the right place for First Eagles.

BTW...Peter01 has updated the loadouts for a lot of the 3rd party planes. They are included with his excellent Flight Model download. Click HERE.

If you'd prefer to edit the files yourself, we can help with that too.

I just noticed something. xeno2x, I see you are a new member here. I like to extend a hearty WELCOME to CombatACE! :good:

Glad to have you aboard. Looks like we had a little mix-up in forum categories but this the right place for First Eagles.

BTW...Peter01 has updated the loadouts for a lot of the 3rd party planes. They are included with his excellent Flight Model download. Click HERE.

If you'd prefer to edit the files yourself, we can help with that too.

Thanks for all the help.

Is this the right forum to ask for technical help on First Eagles?

To be more specific: The bomb loads shown on the load out panel will not appear on any aircraft. It does not matter whether the aircraft are AI, flyable, or third party; no bombs or rockets appear nor can any be dropped. Even the AI bombers appear as empty in combat. The weapons folder has been updated with all the add-on bombs and rockets, and a copy is placed under Objects and Aircraft.

I have downloaded the recommended flight model, but will have to wait 'til later to unpack it. I do hope I will be able to get this problem solved as I am thrilled with the game. I haven't had an opportunity to fly WWI aircraft since "Red Barron".

Thanks again

Ok, first things first. If you want to use the new flight models they aren't designed for or really compatible with the Apr. 08 patch. Sorry, but there isn't really much of a option. If you want to fly the 3rd party planes, you'll need to reinstall FE and EP1 without adding the Apr.08 patch. Then you can install Peter's full set. Good thing is this package comes with everything you'll need to get the game up and running with all the correct loadouts and weapondata, modified gundata, etc. Third party planes that aren't included in this set likely won't work well in the game. Since you already have some 3rd party aircraft installed, I would recommend making a copy of your Aircraft folder and putting it in a temp. folder on your desktop or somewhere outside the main FE folder. Then you can reinstall and just drag and drop your previously installed 3rd party planes from the saved Aircraft folder into the new Aircraft folder. Then you can check Peter's full set and download and install any planes you may be missing before you install Peter's files.

If you want to keep the Apr. 08 patch (with just the stock aircraft) and want bombs to show up you'll need to delete your Weapon folder and any 3rd party weapondata.ini or weapondata.dat files you may have added when you installed the older weapons from the 3rd party A/C.

Thanks again for all the help. I love the game and have now purchased WoE and WoV and am just waiting for them to arrive.