Sign in to follow this  
HawgEngineMech

Having a problem with a laser designator

I can't seen to get the AVQ laser designator to show up on my available stores list in WOE. I've completed the install and ran the weapons editor and I have the other items in that d/l. I've looked in the knowledge base and found it very helpful. I followed the tutorial and was able to make everything else work but that AVQ. Any suggestions?

PropMech

Edited by PropMech

Did you check to make sure that the: Lod files, Bitmap Image, and the Weapon.data was copy and paste onto the weapons folder? Also, did you adjust the "dates" on the AVQ laser designator?

Any of the combination above will not have the weapon shown...

I can't seen to get the AVQ laser designator to show up on my available stores list in WOE. I've completed the install and ran the weapons editor and I have the other items in that d/l. I've looked in the knowledge base and found it very helpful. I followed the tutorial and was able to make everything else work but that AVQ. Any suggestions?

PropMech

Which A/C are you trying to add it to?

Which A/C are you trying to add it to?

I would like to use on the A-10. Do I have to add it to the A/C ini after I run the wep editor?

Ok, I'm going to post this here, since its kinda related. The title of the post is what got my interest, and I thought this sounded like a cool weapons mod.

Where to find it, I thought to myself. I figured that it was probably uploaded here, since the question was posted here, so I proceeded to the downloads section and clicked on the search tab.

First I had it search "all catagories" and it came back with 28 pages of results. :umnik2:

Then I thought I would narrow t down a bit and just have it search the thirdwire series section only.

My results? 0, zip, zilch.

I even copy/pasted the name he used to describe the weapons mod (AVQ laser designator)

What am I doing wrong?

yea, the search function is alittle tricky ... :ninja:

the AVQ-23 is a stock item in WOE

to use it on the A-10, you must extract the A-10A_data ini and add "LP" to the AllowedWeaponClass= line of the station you want to carry the pod.

to make it a default-loaded store, extract the A-10A_loadout ini and add the pod in the mission loadouts

I would like to use on the A-10. Do I have to add it to the A/C ini after I run the wep editor?

Is that the stock WOE A-10A? thought it had a built in one - dont think ive ever had to add a designating pod to drop Paveways - though will need to check this later.

As for the stock WOE AVQ-23 in the weps editor does it have its weapon type as Noise Jammer and not laser designator (or whatever)?

no, the WOE A-10 doesnt have an internal LD ... in fact, no real A-10 does.

What they do have is a small Pave Penny pod ( the stock WOE A-10A doent have this modelled) which is only a passive detector to see marked targets and aids in dropping LGB's onto them. doesnt have self-designate capacity.

In the games, all primary STRIKE targets are always handled as " designated by ground forces" so that no LP is needed to use LGB against them.

I dont know how the add-on A-10's are set up .. could be that they were "upgraded" .. :ninja:

edits in bold

Edited by Crusader

yea, the search function is alittle tricky ... :ninja:

the AVQ-23 is a stock item in WOE

to use it on the A-10, you must extract the A-10A_data ini and add "LP" to the AllowedWeaponClass= line of the station you want to carry the pod.

to make it a default-loaded store, extract the A-10A_loadout ini and add the pod in the mission loadouts

Just as a side note your quote about bandits at three o'clock is beautiful. :rofl:

PropMech,

LOL thanks... not my invention though.. picked it up on the net :ph34r:

In the games, all primary STRIKE targets are always handled as " designated by ground forces" so that no LP is needed to use LGB against them.

That's what I find interesting. Since the LGB will hit the target without ever missing it even if you drop at 10nm away from the target at an altitude of 2000ft, the heavy bomb still glides itslf to the target.

You mentioned primary STRIKE targets, so are you saying that with a LD, I can target non-primary targets?  What are the key strokes for moving the designator and lock on to the targets?

You mentioned primary STRIKE targets, so are you saying that with a LD, I can target non-primary targets?  What are the key strokes for moving the designator and lock on to the targets?

Yes, but there is no special key for using the LD. You just select the ground target you want to attack and drop the bomb. Since you're designating the target yourself you'll need to keep track of it until the bomb hits.

Yes, but there is no special key for using the LD. You just select the ground target you want to attack and drop the bomb. Since you're designating the target yourself you'll need to keep track of it until the bomb hits.

Is the key "Home" for selecting the target?  Do I need to lock it up also, before dropping the bomb? Thanks in advance.

Is the key "Home" for selecting the target?  Do I need to lock it up also, before dropping the bomb? Thanks in advance.

Press E by default like you do for all ground targets then launch it within correct parameters

So I cant just check on my ground radar and pick up any one of those dots on the ground radar as my target, does "E" do the job for that?