Is there really going to be a 2nd patch for SF? I mean wow its been a long time why even bother with it. The cost of man hours alone has to be a concern. I'm not trying to be bitter or make anyone mad here just trying to make sense of the whole thing. I would think Thirdwire should just release a new version to the market with all the kinks worked out and add more to it as far as carrier ops and stuff. Geez its been almost a year now. This is being handled like Xicat did for Janes Attack Squadron....they just forgot about it and moved on with only making one patch for the game. Once again I'm not trying to anger anyone here......heck at least it's a modders dream.

Trash

It is coming, trust in that. TK is stretched thin right now. He will deliever. I know it is taking a long time but he is by himself. We testers have give him all the input and he fixes it himself. So stay tuned and thanks for your patience.

yes there will be a patch.

Why not just release the single player fix,

or whatever he's got to date, it's gotta be better than what we have now.

Patience is one thing but this had gotten bad. I don't think that people would

care much about the patch if this sim were Junk but it's not it should be classic.

That's why it's so dissapointing the longer one has to wait to get back into it

Just my opinion.

BirdDogg.

If the US Navy didn't teach me anything else, it DID teach me how to be patient.

Years and years of waiting in line tends to teach one that it does no good to get upset, because the line didn't move any faster as a result.

For those who are upset at waiting for The Patch; well, I put my trust in the talented people who say it will get here.

Good things come to those who wait.

Navychief

Yah,

I spent a few years in the Marines and did several pumps on the USS Guam, so I can understand the waiting in line scenerio as Chief discribed. Still does not change the fact that this is becoming pain in the rear-end, when you've purchase something that you can't quite use as it should be outta the box.

Now your on someone else's time as to when it will be operable as advertised. I'm not TK bashing at all, but I would really like to Fly Strike Fighters. If TK himself would pop in and say something that would be better then the silence. And I don't need a Beta tester coming in telling me or anyone else about: (it's coming, I've been hearing that BS for almost a year now)

I think after about a year of waiting its somewhat safe to say that patience and tolerance is running extremely low.

Now all that said, I have no choice but to wait until it's out thats the plain truth, however; I will never Purchase from Strategy First. They rank right up there with Xicat!

and TK if your reading this as a purchaser of your work I think I'm due a response!

Flame away, it does not matter because if you've purchased this sim and your not a Modder or a Beta Tester, than your just as screwed as I am.

BTW: I'm not angry but very disapointed about the current status of this Patch 2 situation.

BirdDogg.

Bird Dog, as a strategy sim fan, I have to inform you about strategy first. This is the first game that I have bought from them that did not work perfectly out of the box. This also looks like the only non Real Time Strategy game that they have ever made. The blame sits on Third Wire.

Europa Universalis, Hearts of Iron, Sudden Strike I and II, are all good games that had patches released in a timely manner, even though I never noticed a problem with the games pre-patch.

Third Wire put out a Lemon, becuase of the Walmart crap, but it is taking way to damn long to fix this.

And I am a very patient person, I dont stand in line all day, but I do sit in traffic for atleast 6 hours a day.

I'm hoping they get it together real soon.

I hear ya Snapple,

I'm just venting, and I'll tell ya, anyone who's purchased this Sim will immediately see how good it can really be! if it's just tweaked! But it shoud not have taken this amount of time to do that. I don't desire a rebuild just at least fix the hosed up single player stuff. The multiplayer should be another patch (sorry about that multi play fans :) )

BirdDogg.

Well, I must say that I now honestly think there will never be a service pack 2. I think that after waiting over many, many months for a patch, and no official word. it is probably due to a problem with the game that is basically untraceable and unfixable.

I know there are many modders that hate us 'whiners', but hey, if your car did not work and the manufacturer did not fix it for almost a year wouldn't you lose patience?

I'm not angry, just dissapointed that i could never play this product online. The box sure tells me i can. Maybe i did not get a working version then as some people say they can play online without problems :rolleyes:

I know that I will buy any flight sim game TK makes if he fixes SFP1.Without the bugs,this is the best simulator game I have.The only one I need really.That is till SFP2. :D

Edited so as not to cause friction.Sorry Dagger if I offended you.

like i said there WIll be a 2nd patch..and a word of caution-DON'T try to stir up trouble in this thread.as long as the posts stay civil it'll stay open,if not it will disappear.

We are all disappointed that it's taken so long for a patch. I've actually moved on, and no longer worry about it one way or another. When the patch is released (and it will be) I'll take another look and then decide if I want to try it again. <_<

Hi Guys

Well you think that waiting for a patch is bad. I have been waiting for LOMAC for 2 1/2 years. I think they might even get it out this year. LOL B)

I know it is frustrating but when only one person is doing the whole thing "give him a break".

Bert

Actually, I'm using this time as a catch-up to all the rest of you who had SFP1 long before I even knew it existed. Patch 1 resolved a lot of problems - mind you not all - and its acceptable enough for me right now knowing that at some time in the future other issues abre being addressed. When I'm not flying IL2 or Flanker, I spend most of my time digging into the guts of SFP1. I think its fascinating that we are allowed such open access to the internals of the game - everyday I mess with it I learn something knew - whether I'm flying it or not - the entertainment value IS there.

I agree, Redburn; this sim is great, even in its present state.

The aircraft are beautiful, they handle great, and this sim is a lot of fun to play, period.

And all the modders, with all of their talent, keep making in better all the time. I thank you all.

Navychief

"like i said there WIll be a 2nd patch..and a word of caution-DON'T try to stir up trouble in this thread.as long as the posts stay civil it'll stay open,if not it will disappear."

Dagger, excuse me if you will, but no one is trying to stir up trouble or anything else, this is BioHazard, not SimHQ. even though you are a Moderator, there's no need to threaten to close a thread. Biohazard has always had a pretty decent crowd.

You will find little too no flaming or bickering here.. (differences of opinions.. sometimes).

MJ has always managed to run a clean ship here (heck, I've been here almost from the beginning.)

That said, I would suggest you lighten up on the caution-ing trigger until there's trully a need for them ( reading this thread it is unwarranted as compared to other Simulation forums); it tends to sets the wrong presidence within this community. It implies us/I/anyone, to be some unruley bunch in need of heavy Handed Opinionated Moderation; which is surely not the case here.

I don't post as often as others, but I ghost daily and I cannot remember a time when this board's owner has cautioned anyone in this SF forum to lock a thread due to uncivilized or inflamatory remarks.

Just a suggestion in reference to Civil Moderation. :)

PM if you'd like.

BirdDogg.

I have a hard time feeling bad for TK when in the meantime instead of getting the patch out he has time to work on the wright flyer. The lack of communication really hurts things as well and if he would merely just give small updates things would go a lot smoother. I too can be a patient person, but SFP1 has turned from a flight sim to a novalty item in the past months and with no hope in site its easy to jump ship. SFP1 provides pleasure to a few people out there and I can respect that so I wont "Bash" it, but if TK plans on a sequal (I actually hope he does at some point) I suggest he use lessons learned on this sim.

I know this isn't simhq..but threads on the patch seem to bring out some wording that really isn't civil and in the best interest of the sim.I'm not trying to come off as being hard cased on this matter but theres no use in beating a dead horse...the patch is in the testers hands and bugs are being fixed.I know the members here are the best community on the net and I realize that my comments sounded"heavy handed"but I've read some comments on other forums and I can't see that happening here.I'm sure MJ will agree..to post a helpful thread is great,to help is great but to start trouble won't happen.I know that"patch"threads start off good but they tend to go down hill fast,so I let my position be known.I'm not implying anything about the members here,they're the best.and I'd like to think I'm as tolerent as anybody..maybe more.

I think when you reference "other forums" and comments like "Dead Horse" which are used by other strict moderators it makes it seem as though we (members) are not trusted to maintain a thread such as this one. Nobody has gotten out of line nore done anything to even provoke a warning from a moderator. Moderate by the rules of this board not by what you see on others (just my advice not that it matters).

Actually this thread probably would have just faded away after everyone got thier 2 cents in, but as soon as you throw in a warning we start to feel like we are one of those other forums. Just relax, everyone here knows how to act, and lets leave the babysitting to the simHQ crowd. :)

I mean this with the utmost respect to you as a mod of course. ;)

One of the things that really bothers me about this whole patch thing is that it has killed the community for the game.

It's not in stores, and it has lost a lot of original fans.

It could have been like IL2 or FB. What I mean is that you can go on HL any time of the day and there are over a hundred people playing online, I've seen it at like 500.

The highest amount of people I saw on HL for SF was when patch 1 was released, and then the bitchery started, and then I came back the next day, and about half were gone, and I came back the next day and there was like 5 people. Now nobody is ever on, and the only way to play is to set up game times (and then pray that it works).

The only time I've (well the time I could find) been able to play was a couple of months ago when Mudd, Striker, Tuckson, Laurant, and myself were able to get together. Now I had insomnia, Mudd was on vacation, and everybody else is in Europe. We were playing from like 3-7 am EST. What I'm getting at is that there is almost nobody even trying to play (our matchups were an accident). I dont have a whole lot of time to do much of anything except check email, throw up a few posts, and play the LOMAC Demo for like 20 mins a day.... I would really really rather be able to hop on HL and see people jam packed in there playing SF.

I love the game, and I'm proud to say that my squad has held together for the most part, and I cant wait (pray) for this game to get fixed.

I've been hard on this game in the past (really hard), but I've learned to accept that sh*t happens, and I've pissed away my money on worse things before, and will probably continue to do so.

I appreciate the modders and community for keeping this game on life support, but honestly, the plugged might get pulled within the next year. We've lost a couple modders, and a great many of the players. Hell I've even put it away in my sh*tty games shoebox a few times, but I always pull it out every once and a while. But even I am starting to wonder if its not time to put it in the box with Age of Empires I, and I havent touched that in years.

I'm not saying that I'll drop the game any time soon, but the patch has to come out by February.

If TK wont set a deadline, then I will. By then I'm sure a much stabler flight sim will be available, and maybe it will have US carrier ops.

Strategy First made an error straying from strategy games. And we have had to live with that error for a very long time.

In short the whole situation is just too damn sad. And I blame TK more than anyone.

Again I thank the modders for keeping this game alive for me, without them I would have no need to reinstall SF, and try out there handywork.

You get more cred for Strike Fighters from me than any of the people who developed it.

Cheers,

Jason Saffell

XO virtual VF-143

With all due respect "Snacky" you haven't been here long enough to see that we here on Biohaz take this game very seriously (hence the # of posts for this game). There have been some very very heated threads concerning this game. And Dagger is trying to prevent a repeat.

Work Continues every day on SP2 for SFP1

You WILL see a 2nd patch for SFP1.

You WILL be impressed.

One of the things that really bothers me about this whole patch thing is that it has killed the community for the game.

SimHQ SFP1 is as busy now as it has been all year - Good

Frugals world SFP1 forum is dead - Good

Biohazcentral SFP1 forum is still pretty busy - Good

It's not in stores, and it has lost a lot of original fans.

I saw it in "game" yesterday. Games lose their fans all the time, work, school and family commitments often see to that. Some people might come back, if not there is new people to take their place.

It could have been like IL2 or FB. What I mean is that you can go on HL any time of the day and there are over a hundred people playing online, I've seen it at like 500.

It could, but it isn't you just need to get used to that. There's a whole host of reasons why people dont play SFP1 online as much as IL2 players, one of those of course is the bugs in the SFP1 multiplayer code, but it's not the ONLY reason.

I would really really rather be able to hop on HL and see people jam packed in there playing SF.

I think we all would but it's not a likely possability..Last time I checked IL2FB was practically the one game people on hyperlobby were playing..

In short the whole situation is just too damn sad. And I blame TK more than anyone.

Sad? It's game, it's not the loss of a family member. TK's still fixing bugs and the community is still playing. I dont see anything that could be deemed as "sad".

Again I thank the modders for keeping this game alive for me, without them I would have no need to reinstall SF, and try out there handywork.

Modding is what keeps any game alive. Dont tell me "But IL2!!" because IL2's been modified much further than SFP1, it's just the developer chooses to sell the communitys work and call it a new game.

cheers

p.s sorry I just get attracted to long posts :lol:

Check-six's forum is not dead too ;)

(although little activity, I must admit)